Do you want to get access to the settings dashboard of your FiOS router? If yes then this article is very helpful for you. In this post, we will discuss how you can log in to your FiOS router easily. You may need to do that in order to modify your router’s settings and to make your router more secure. To protect your router from outsiders, it is important to enhance your router’s default security and in order to do that, you must gain access to the settings dashboard of your router.
Let’s move forward towards our topic.
- 1 How to login to a FiOS router?
How to login to a FiOS router?
In order to login to a FiOS router, you need to follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below. But, before we begin let’s have a look at the requirements which you need to fulfill before logging in to a FiOS router.
You will need:
- A FiOS router
- A device (computer, tablet, laptop, etc)
- A strong connection to your router from your device. You can establish a good connection by using an ethernet cable instead of using a wireless connection.
Now follow the steps below to login to your FiOS router.
- Step – 1: First of all connect your device to your FiOS router. You can use an ethernet cable for this purpose. Other options include connecting through a wireless connection.
- Step – 2: Start your device and open your browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Step – 3: Now, left-click on the address bar. After that in the address bar type the default IP address for FiOS router. The default IP address for FiOS router is 192.168.1.1. You can type it as 192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in your browser’s address bar. After that hit the enter button.
- Step – 4: Now, you will be redirected towards a login page where you will be asked to enter the username and password for your FiOS router. You need to enter the default username and password for your router which is given as follows:
Password: (left to be blank)
In case if the above-mentioned login details do not work for you then you can search for your router’s default username and password throughout the internet simply by typing in your routers model number in the search bar. Usually, the default username and password of a router are printed on a sticker which is later on attached to the router. You can search for the default login credentials there.
- Step – 5: Now click on the login button and after that, you will get access to the settings dashboard of your FiOS router.
How to change the default password for the FiOS router?
After you have successfully logged in to your FiOS router, then its time to make your router protected. To make your router is secure you need to change the default login credentials of your router. If you don’t change them then anyone can gain access to your router’s wireless network without any problem and this can cause troubles for you.
You can modify your router’s default login details by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step – 1: First of all login to your FiOS router by following the steps mentioned above.
- Step – 2: After you have successfully logged in to your router then click on the Change Wireless Settings.
- Step – 3: After that go to the Authentication Method section.
- Step – 4: Now after that enter your new password in the required field and then save the changes.
If the above method was not helpful for you then you can also reset your default password by using the My FiOS app. The procedure for My FiOS App is also very simple. You just need to follow the step by step guide given below:
- Step – 1: Download and install the My FiOS app.
- Step – 2: After you have finished installing the app then open the app.
- Step – 3: Now choose your wireless network under the My networks section and then tap on the Edit button.
- Step – 4: A new window will open now. Here you need to enter the new password for your wireless network connection.
- Step – 5: Tap the save button in order to save the changes made.
Once you have done resetting the default password then after that make sure to test if the password was changed successfully or not.
How to change the default SSID for FiOS router?
Follow the steps below in order to change the default network name (SSID) for your FiOS router.
- Step – 1: First of all, login to your FiOS router.
- Step – 2: After accessing the settings dashboard of your FiOS router then choose the Wireless Settings.
- Step – 3: Now select the Basic Security Settings.
- Step – 4: Here, change the default network name (SSID) for your wireless router.
- Step – 5: Click on the Save button in order to save the changes you have made.
How to reset the FiOS router?
You may need to reset your router if in case you have lost your router’s network or administrator password. Well, there could be any other reason too. The following guide will help you to reset your FiOS router.
Step – 1: Power on your router and check if it is working normally or not.
Step – 2: If it is working normally then look for the reset button on your router’s surface. Usually, it is located on the rear side of your router. Hold the reset button until the router restarts automatically and powers on again.
This is how you can reset your FiOS router.
Note: Resetting your router means resetting all the configurations you have made to your router previously. Now, after you have done the reset process the modified username and password will revert back to the default ones. You can customize them again by using the guide mentioned above.
Fios Router Port Forwarding
If you are looking for help to forwarding ports on your Fios router, here it is;
- First, of all, access the Settings console of the Fios router using its default gateway 192.168.1.1 through a web browser.
- Now sign in to it using default Fios router login credentials. It’s the default username, and password is;
FIOS Default Username: admin
FIOS default Password: *blank*
- Now reach out to the Settings menu located to the left of the page.
- Now click on the Advanced option.
- Click on Continue.
- Turn on the Port Forwarding option by sliding it.
- Now create the port rule and select the device you want to forward the port to.
- Select the HTTP option.
- Click on the Add icon.
- Now select the IP address of your device you are forwarding a port to.
- Select the Custom ports option from the dropdown list.
- Now select the TCP option.
- Type port number you want to use. You can also use the default port number, which is 37777.
- Now click on the Add option.
- And then click on Apply to save the settings.
- AT&T Router Login [Settings, Password, IP]
- Sagemcom Router Login [Reset, Settings, IP]
- Hitron Router Login [Settings, Default IP, Password]
- Ubee Router Login [Reset, Password, IP]
What is the default username for FiOS router?
The default username for FiOS router is admin and the default password is left to be blank while logging in to the settings dashboard of your FiOS router.
Where do I find the default password to my WiFi?
The default login details are usually printed on a sticker which is later on attached to the router. You can search for your default password there.