There are a lot of things people save up to upgrade – their smartphones, their cars, and even their closets. But if there is an underrated commodity whose upgrade has major benefits; it is a router. In a hurry?
There is a tendency in society to overlook things that are not deemed important, popularly. No one ever updates their router unless there is a big malfunction and the whole network stops working altogether.
Upgrading to a more recent router model is a pretty cheap and effective way to improve your network. You need not worry too much about the cost-benefit analysis that goes with such investments.
Since the process is much more cost-effective than you are led to believe- there are hundreds of mid-range routers that make good use of the current generation technology.
An upgrade will give you the comfort of having a wider WIFI range in addition to a significantly stronger signal making life significantly easier.
Top 10 Wireless Routers Picks 2020
|Editor’s Choice||Editor’s Choice
||NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 Smart WiFi Router||
||Check On Amazon|
|Best For Home||Best For Home
||ASUS Dual-band 3×3 AC1750||
||Check On Amazon|
|Best Gaming||Best Gaming
||TP-Link AC5400 Tri Band Gaming Router||
||Check On Amazon|
|Best For Business||Best For Business
||NETGEAR SRK60-100NAS Orbi Pro Tri-Band WiFi System for Business||
||Check On Amazon|
|Best Long Range||Best Long Range
||Linksys Tri-Band WiFi Router||
||Check On Amazon|
|Best Budget||Best Budget
||D-Link Wireless N 300||
||Check On Amazon|
Best Wireless Routers Under $100 of 2020
With the ever-increasing technology, our demands have increased too. Wouldn’t it be a wonder that your router provides you with all the tech aspects and that too in your budget? Well, here is the curated list of the best Routers under 100 to fulfill your needs while not emptying your pockets. Have a look.
1. The TP-Link AC 1900: Best Under 100
The TP-Link AC 1900 Smart Wireless Router is an affordable, dual-band router. It is designed with medium to large households in mind and offers many facilities including two USB ports, 4 Gigabit LAN ports as well as being quite easy to install.
This router comes in an exquisite white, slate color which is perfect for keeping the eyes away from the router and the color scheme of your home intact. You are likely to face problems due to the build of the router since you cannot lay the router flat on your desk or mount it on the wall as most of the ports are towards the rear end.
The basic setup of the router is relatively easy, and the icon, as well as network layout, are appropriately set. According to how much you’re paying and the performance you’re getting the router is genuinely one of the best ones on the market. And because you are a home user- the speed won’t be that much of a concern which makes the router perfect for a layman’s computer.
- The router comes at a reasonable price.
- It is easy to set up.
- The router has an elegant design.
- The design of the router limits wall mounting.
- It is not the fastest router out there.
2. D-Link’s AC 1750: Best Under $100
The D-Link AC 1750 Wi-Fi Router is one of the best ones in the market. Some of its many features include consistent speed on dual bands, the latest 802.11 ac features in addition to a usable app, parental controls along with a VPN service as well.
The design of the routers is more on the basic side- with four antennas, a black overlay and a few curves. But the basic build of the router is not as sturdy as one would like it to be. This doesn’t affect the performance, but it may play a role in the long term durability of the router.
The setup process for the router is fairly easy- you can connect it to a modem via WIFI or an Ethernet cable and then access it through the D Link app or the web interface-Http://dlinkrouter.local.
The app is easy to use and manageable when you want to change basic settings like passwords, turning on the guest WIFI. Still, it also has the facility of advanced options for parenting controls and updating your firmware from your mobile.
- The router is easy on the pockets
- It comes with a stress-free setup process
- And there is easy access through the mobile app
- The router has quite a basic design
- The web interface has minor annoying characteristics like a waiting time of 25 seconds, etc.
3. ASUS AC 1300: Under $100
The ASUS AC 1300 comes with the latest WIFI technology since it sports the MU-MIMO dual bands which allow the router to switch from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz on the connected devices to as well as enable many devices to be connected at the same time.
The router comes with 4.5 dbi antennas as well as a USB 3.0 port — all for the low, low price of $75.
While the build of the router prevents it from being mounted on walls and other surfaces, it best works when laid flat on a surface. The firmware setup is pretty easy and quick, and in addition to that, the user interface is reasonably neatly organized and easy to navigate. The ASUS also provides great, multilingual support in18 different languages.
You can set up to six wireless networks that provide the internet with the added facility of access to your network. It has parental controls- you can use it to set a schedule for the devices used by your children, and the USB application makes the router so that you can connect it to a lot of devices like external hard drives, hard disks, printers.
- The router is easy to afford
- It comes with an easy initial setup
- It has great WIFI range for a medium side household
- The LED lights can be quite irritating.
- The router faces brief performance drops if it’s been on for a while.
Best Wireless Routers Under $50 of 2020
If you have a tight budget and want a good wireless router, then this is your catch. There are many wonderful routers available today, but the selection could be the difficult one. Don’t worry, we have got you sorted! Here is a list of the best wireless routers under $50.
1. TP-LINK N 450: Best Under $50
The TP-Link N 450 Wireless Router has up to 450 Mbps of wireless speed along with four ethernet ports, ideal for multiple HD video streaming. Apart from this router comes with three external antennas that ensure a fully extended wireless coverage to make connectivity easy and hassle-free. The device also has wireless security encryption that is easily accessible at the press of a WPS button while staying well under the $50 market.
This might not be one of the most expensive routers on the market but will get the job done. Coming with an unlimited 24/7 technical support, the router is compatible with a Microsoft Windows System, Vista, Mac OS, Linux as well as a few others- making it quite versatile.
- Extremely affordable
- It has a thorough put performance while testing
- Quite easy and hassle-free to install
- There is a lack of USB ports which can be quite annoying
- The antennas are non-removable which might clash
2. The TP-Link AC 1200 [Archer C50]: Best Router Under 50
The TP-Link AC 1200 comes with a speed of 1200 MBPS in addition to extremely reliable ethernet ports ideal for homes that have a 100 MBPS internet plan. In addition to that, the router gives you the option to stream all your content easily since it comes with a 4K streaming option on multiple devices and reduces buffering.
The router supports Amazon Alexa in addition to working with all Wi-Fi devices- AC or older. To connect to the router, there is a TP-Link Tether app that is quite easy to set up and gives you the ability to manage your entire home network on it. In terms of the warranty, the company provides a two-year warranty as well as 24/7 technical at the feasible price of under $50.
- It is very affordable
- The package includes a very helpful smartphone app
- It can be mounted on walls
- One of the fastest routers in the price range.
- The smartphone app is only feasible when connected to the WiFi
- The router can get a little tedious to clean
3. The Western Digital My Net[N600]: Best Under $50
This router sells well below the $50-mark range which is a steal deal since it comes with it has four, extremely fast ethernet ports that allow the user to expand their network to include other connected devices. It also comes with 1 USB 2.0 port and is a dual-band router. Apart from that, it has extended coverage which includes an amplifying technology through which the router ensures that the interference is reduced as well as, that the wireless coverage is expanded to a larger amount of rooms.
The router is easily connectable- uncomplicated to discover and autoconfigure other devices to provide the user with a stimulating experience of entertainment. Other features include the fact that you can limit the type of websites your children have access to and set time limits to ensure that schedules are being followed. In addition to that, it has the function of very reliable internet security to prevent malware and spyware attacks.
- The router provides extremely fast streaming
- It also has Fastrack Technology that ensures you have high-speed HD video streaming
- The set-up is quite simple
- The router might be a small annoyance to continuously dust.
Best Wireless Routers Under $200 of 2020
With a budget of $200, the market today is flooded with a large array of routers providing ample of features for you. If you want to invest this amount for a good router, then do consider the below options.
1. ASUS AC 3200 tri-band: Best Router Under $200
The ASUS AC 3200 Tri-Band, Gigabit WIFI Router is designed for a multiple user home. The router has built-in USB 3.0 ports for up to 10 times faster data transfers to USB storage devices, printer sharing, and 3G/4G dongle support.
It has many multimedia and management features, all of which are accessible via a user-friendly Web Interface and shows you the number of clients using the network, the number of USB devices connected to it as well as the security settings and status of each band. You can set up restrictive access for your guests in addition to prioritizing bandwidth for gaming and streaming.
The installation is fairly easy. You should buy this router if streaming and online gaming is something you do regularly. It has fast throughput on all three bands and brings a good 5Ghz performance. Admittedly, the device is not cheap, but the tri-band routers all run at a similar price and are worth every penny for an extremely smooth network.
- The router has good 5Hgz throughput
- It comes with many advanced features
- It even has Low profile LED indicators that don’t make it an eyesore
- It can be pretty heavy on the pocket
- Middling file-transfer performance
2. ASUS AC 2900 WIFI Router: Under $200
One of the best routers in the markets, the ASUS AC 2900 WIFI Router is good for everything ranging from gaming to security. It is quite rare to get a router that pays attention to gaming and security, which is what you get out of this.
The router has top throughput speed on the 5Ghz bandwidth and an easy to use, versatile app user interface. The menu of the Asus router is very customizable as well.
The router has a sleek black look with two red streaks in the front. It stands upright with the addition of three detachable antennas, a few lights and you cannot lay it flat. It comes with a USB 2.0 port, USB 3.1 Gen 1 port as well as a LED on and off button. In addition to all of these features, the router is easy to keep out of sight but can be quite a statement piece if you feel like your router deserves an audience.
The setup process is quite easy, and if you sign up for the ASUS account through their official website, you are liable to get 5 GB of cloud storage free. It’s MU MIMO tech allows you to connect to multiple devices and provide top speed data.
You will get the maximum benefit for your bucks if you opt for this one, its user-friendly for new amateur users in addition to being customizable for network engineers- an all-around good deal.
- The router is adept for gaming and security
- The network is easily customizable according to your preferences
- But it also has an easy user interface for laymen users
- It does have a little bit out there, gaudy design
- The router cannot be mounted or laid flat
3. NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S R7800 Wireless Router: [Under $200]
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S R7800 wireless router is a super-fast, high-end device available in two versions- one of the quickest existing in the market. It is one the higher side of the pricing spectrum for routers.
The building is black with many angles making it quite the showpiece- it has bright LED lights that blink during operation but can be switched off for the most part. With four antennas, it does look a little bit imposing and can be quite the statement piece.
The router additionally, comes with two USB 3.0 ports, an eSATA ports as well as four Ethernet ports in addition to MU MIMO technology which makes the router work reasonably well when it is connected to a bunch of devices rather than just a few.
The setup is relatively easy- you can install a desktop management program as well as an iPhone or Android app. The key appeal to the router is that it includes a DSL modem, but if you choose to go for another one, then it is easily connected at the fifth Ethernet port.
All in all, it is a superb router but can be quite expensive. Apart from that, the speeds are much too fast for the average user, but if you’re in the market for state of the art, high-speed router, then this is one of your best bets.
- The router has built-in high speed at the 5GHz bandwidth
- You have the facility of plugging it into multiple HDDs
- The device can be moderately expensive
- It does have long-range reliability issues
Best Budget Wireless Routers 2020
A good wireless router is a must-have for every home today. Good Internet speed, hassle-free wireless devices, sleek design and much more and all of this in your budget! Scroll down to know more.
1. The Linksys N 300: Best Budget Router
This wireless router is ideal for users who will mainly use it for surfing the web, emailing as well as printing. It runs at a 300 Mbps transfer speed to which you can connect all your electronic devices. In addition to that, you have the capacity to enjoy a broad wireless coverage provided by their antenna technology and four fast ethernet ports that will help you connect your wired devices, as well.
The router comes with a customizable security setting that includes WPA/WPA2 Personal and SPI firewall protection. It has a three-step setup, with the Cisco Connect software that is included. In addition to all of this, the router enables you to have password-protected internet access on a separate network so that your visitors have access to your internet. Still, they don’t encroach on your computer. One of the main features of the router is the Cisco Connect’s parental control that ensures your ability to block or restrict certain specific websites for your children to certain hours.
- The build and quality of the router are very good.
- The range of the router is exemplary
- You do not need to keep disconnecting and restarting it
- It also works well with small businesses
- The adapter might stop working early into use
- The router might stop working after a set period of 15 months
- Can be a hassle to replace
2. D Link Wireless N 300 Mbps: Best Budget
The D-Link Wireless Broadband Router consists of N 300 technology which ensures a better than average performance and reliable coverage for everyday web activities. The router has a simple set up, and you can get it running with the QRS mobile app, which is quite easily accessible. Apart from that, it has a remote networking monitoring app with features like user control viewing, browsing history, as well as the facility to remotely connect and disconnect computer devices from the network.
The router works well with any certified Wi-Fi device, giving you very profitable performances. In terms of hardware, the router has four ethernet post that gives you fast device connectivity as well as a complete set of security features that include an SBI firewall and WPA2 security to protect your network against any kind of threat.
- The router is small and does not take up too much space
- It is easy to the plugin as well as set up
- The router is extremely affordable
- The router has a smaller range than it boasts about
- It runs on a single band
- There are better options in the market for the same price.
3. The TP-link TL WR841ND: Best Budget Router
The TP-Link TL WR841ND is a wireless router with a lot of features that include a 300 Mbps speed- ideal for video game streaming as well as online gaming. It comes with detachable external antennas that make sure that the router is within easy alignment and upgrading. Apart from that, it has a sleek exterior that enables wall mounting or horizontal placement whichever goes better with the outlay of your home.
In terms of security, it has a WPA encrypted connection that can be enabled with the WPS button and comes with parental control that help restrict internet access for children during specific hours. A Wi-Fi on and off button helps to control radio easily the TP Link is live 24/7 for technical support, in case you face any kind of difficulties.
- The router is quite cheap
- It ensures a very good signal and range
- It comes with an easily accessible app
- The router might stop working after two years
- Sometimes the network might disconnect
Best Long-Range Routers 2020
Tired of low wifi range in every corner of your home? Yes! You are not alone. Very few devices promise a long-range connection so that you enjoy while sitting at the farthest room in your home too.
1. Linksys Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router: Best For Long Range
This router provides up to 1500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage and can connect to 15 + wireless devices. The router is perfect if you have a big household and is compatible with the existing modem- you can set it up quickly and hassle-free with the Linksys. One of the main advantages of the router is being able to enjoy 4 K HD streaming and gaming in high quality without buffering.
This technology delivers the fastest Wi-Fi speed on your device since it had a tri bandwidth along with MU MIMO technology which enables you to connect multiple devices at once.
- The router is very affordable
- It has a seamless signal
- The app is easy to control and download
- It has very good range and capacity
- It does not block devices like the iPad or iPhone
- It takes a while for the system to run, but it does work seamlessly once its done.
2. The NetGear Nighthawk AX4: Best Long Range Coverage
The NetGear Nighthawk is a router that is a little bit more on the more expensive site. But it comes with an array of facilities that make the price worth it. For example, the Wi-Fi router works with all existing Wi-Fi devices as well as new Wi-Fi devices like the iPhone 11. It provides for simultaneous streams which means that every device in the vicinity can access speedy Wi-Fi at the same time.
Apart from this, it has four wired ethernet ports into which you can plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players in addition to other devices. The router is a mix of advanced technology design with a dual-core processor and includes amplified antennas as well as Amazon Alexa voice control. It also comes with USB connection ports that enable the user to share a storage type with any connected device.
In addition to all these features, the router also enables the users into creating personal cloud storage that they can access from anywhere using the USB ports. It also has smart parental controls that give you the ability to limit internet access and filter websites according to your wishes. It comes with WPA2 wireless security protocols and includes guest Wi-Fi access, Firewall, VPN and done.
- It is quite affordable
- It supports the newest wireless standards
- The accounts are all protected with a two-step verification
- You can set the router to update automatically which saves you the hassle from having to do it manually
- It can be mounted on walls
- It also has very good multilingual support
- The USB speed is a little lower than expected
- The apps and services might be a little complicated for first-time users and should be simplified.
3. Netgear Orbi Triband: Best Long Range Wifi
The NetGear Orbi Tri-Band Router is the best purchase to ensure that your home has no more dead zones- the Wi-Fi reach covers the whole house and works for 25 + devices. Its technology helps the user to stay connected to the router as they roam around the house using a single network.
It has a tribe and backhaul which means that it is a dedicated band between your Orbi router and satellite frees the other two bands for maximum. In addition to that, the router works with almost all of the internet providers, which enables you to replace the existing router and extender.
The compatibility also includes cable, satellite, fibre, DSL and more. The router has a 1 gigabyte Ethernet port as well as AC 3000 WiFi speed that powers up to 3Gpbs of HD video streaming, internet surfing, downloads or gaming.
The router also comes with the capacity of parental controls which ensure that you can pause device internet access, view side history as well as filter websites- for free. You can also set an online time limit and schedule devices for internet access and more- for a small fee per month.
In terms of security, the router supports NetGear armour- powered by BitDefender. This armour is a network-wide anti-virus anti-malware security, free for a trial basis of 30 days and then available on the payment of a small fee, monthly.
It is safe and secure with an advanced technology design- MU MIMO, smart connect for one Wi-Fi name and also supports WPA2 wireless security protocols that include guest Wi-Fi access, Firewall and VPN.
In addition to all of these, it is very easy to set up, especially using the Orbi app through which you can also manage the Wi-Fi settings, Test and monitor speech.
- It is quite easy to install
- The router has very fast throughput
- It has MU MIMO capacity
- It is highly configurable to your needs
- The router is a little bit more expensive
- The USB functions are limited
- There is very little support for guest networking
Best Home Routers 2020
While the internet usage in every home depends upon individuals, below are few good options if you want to purchase a router for your home. Suit your preferences and make the purchase.
1. ASUS DUAL BAND 3×3 AC1750: Best For Home Use
THE ASUS DUAL BAND AC 1750 is a dual-band router that gives the user a reliably fast sped of 1.75Gbps. It comes with an included ASUS AI cloud service that enables the user to access, stream and sync content on the go- with the additional feature of unlimited storage expansion. The device has an enhanced cooling system as well as a 256 GB RAM.
In terms of hardware, the router sports four LAN ports as well as one WAN port- all of which are gigabit ethernet. The router also comes with two USB ports, a power button as well as the WPS button.
You can use the router as a router, access point or a media bridge. Apart from the features mentioned above, the router comes with an array of LED lights to indicate it’s status. It supports two main WiFi networks- one for each band and six guest networks. Apart from these, the device sports features like parental control and a traffic manager.
This is one of the best routers for both- a home or business network. This is because you can control the network from anywhere with the provided Cloud Service. Apart from that, you have a variety of additional features like- guest networks, parental controls as well as the choice to set it up as a VPN server, if you please. One of the significant benefits of the router is that it comes with a one-year warranty and 24×7 technical support.
- Excellent performance on the 5 GHz band.
- High-speed WIFI.
- Cloud-based storage features.
- Relatively more expensive than some top-notch routers.
- Can run quite hot.
2. NetGear R700: Best Router For Home Network
The NetGear R7000 is said to be one of the best routers created for home users, ever. It is supported by a dual-core processor that runs at 1GHz, making it the fastest 802.11ac router the company has released. It is a dual-band router with an impressive array of hardware that includes a dual-core CPU, a USB 3.0 port and 128GB of flash memory as storage space.
A few of its most popular features include the presence of two guest networks, customizable settings like parental controls. The router also comes with a new QoS (quality of service) feature that gives the user the ability to manage both- upstream as well as downstream. The QoS enables for prioritizing the Internet- an essential feature of a home router.
In terms of hardware, the router has two USB ports, one USB 2.0 ports as well as a USB 3.0 port. All of these can be used to host any kind of external hard drive or device. One of the problematic things about the router, though, is that it is one of the bulkiest routers you might have ever seen. Therefore, you need a lot of place to host it. It comes with a very reliable backup software called ReadyShare Vault for Windows OS computers.
The router comes with an app you can use, to access its features. Apart from that, the app can also be used to stream content to a mobile device but only to a limited capacity.
- Has better than average performance on the 5GHz band
- A new and improved set of useful features
- Very easy on the pocket
- The outerwear is very bulky
- There is no parental control feature
- The NetGear Genie mobile app does not work over the Internet.
3. Apple Airport Time Capsule: Best For Home Gaming & Streaming
This new model of the Time Capsule comes with what Apple calls, ‘the new top-down approach.’ With a rectangular shape, it stands at 6.6 inches which helps the device reduce its footprint by 75%. It sports tiny LED lights as an indicator that the router is working well- it tends to turn amber or flashes aggressively if something is wrong.
In terms of hardware, the router sports three LAN ports and one WAN port which are compatible with Gigabit as well as a USB 2.0 port which can be used to host a printer or an external storage device. The router requires AirPort Utility which is available as a mobile app or a desktop application. The device is relatively easy to set up.
Since it is a dual-band router, it supports all existing WiFi clients and comes with internal storage that is used to store the Time Machine backup files. Now the router does lack a few customization options that are popularly seen in other routers of the same price.
For example, the guest networking feature is only available on the 2.4Ghz band and not on the 5 GHz one. There are no web filtering features, and you don’t have the facility to block certain websites or keywords. You can also not customize the QoS services, which means that the router does not prioritize internet traffic.
- There is a speed boost in the WiFi
- The look of the router is beautiful
- The performance of the routers is quite fast
- It supports 802.11ac WiFi
- There are no advanced features
- A lack of parental controls and QoS can be found
Best Home Routers Under $100 of 2020
Trust us! We know the happiness to get a range of tech features fitting into your budget. That’s why we have picked the best routers for your home. Use our guide and choose your favorite.
1. NetGear NightHawk: Best For Home Under $100
This router sports a dual-band network with 802.11ac WiFi speed that is faster than most routers on the market. It sports Beamforming technology that ensures an improved wireless range and enhanced signal focus- this means that it enables a high-speed connection to mobile devices.
In terms of the design and hardware, this router is similar to the original Nighthawk model- it is sturdy with a wide base planted with rubber feet. It is a wall-mounted router which saves you a lot of desk space.
Apart from all this, it comes with a single USB 3.0 port with longer antennas that boost the signal range and minimize dead spots in a large household. These antennas are removable & adjustable but non-replaceable. Thus, if you break or lose them, the overall expenditure on the maintenance of the router tends to skyrocket.
The router also sports blinking LED lights that can, thankfully, be switched off.
Apart from these, the device comes with a Netgear’s Genie App that gives the user an easy way to access and manage the router and its features. Some of the functions include letting you stream music and setting up parental controls. The app, unfortunately, does not extend to the guest networks.
Overall, this router has a very high throughput and top-notch wireless speeds- acting as a significant improvement when compared to its ancestors. The router comes with the advantage of being quite affordable with an excellent quality performance range.
- The router has a strong NAS performance
- It has a good range
- The design is not bulky and can be mounted on the wall
- It supports 802.11ac speeds
- The software of the device could use some improvements
- Unlike its earlier model, the router only has a single USB 3.0 port instead of twin ones.
2. TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750: Best Home Use Under $100
This is one of the latest routers released by the company in recent years. It is very budget-friendly and gives you dual-band connectivity without putting a hole in your pocket. The router comes with four gigabit LAN ports, three non-removable antennas and a USB 2.0 port. It has an array of LED lights in the front of the router that indicate power, Internet, LAN ports and WPS.
The router can reach a maximum speed of 450 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and a speed of 1300 Mbps on the 5Ghz band with 802.11ac technology. The router, unfortunately, does not support MU MIMO technology or direct to client beamforming. Now one of the features of the router that makes it so accessible, is that it comes with a mobile app. A user-friendly interface, along with network maps and easy to access menus, make it very simple to set up the router.
The router supports a variety of advanced functions like guest networks as well as parental controls- in a limited capacity. Some of the settings also include a more comprehensive wireless security system, VLAN settings as well as QoS settings.
- The router is quite reasonably priced
- It is easy to install with the app
- The performance is an impeccable, especially close range
- It supports for LAN ports
- The router does not support MU MIMO technology
- There is only one USB 2.0 port
3.The NETGEAR R6230 Wifi Router: Home Use
One of the most basic and easy to use WiFi routers in the market, the NETGEAR AC 1200 router comes with an ethernet socket to help connect devices that don’t support WiFi connectivity, is a dual-band router and is an excellent value investment.
The router comes with external antennas to improve WIFI coverage in the whole household as well as one USB 2.0 port that enables the user to access the sharing of USB hard drives.
The device has features like reliable video streaming that allows you to play games, connect smart devices and surf the Internet without zero to minimize interference. It comes with the added advantage of parental controls that help you manage the device’s internet access as well as filter websites. In terms of hardware, it has ethernet ports into which you can plug in gaming consoles, computers or streaming players.
The router comes with a one-year warranty along with a toll-free 24×7 phone technical support. The phone service is efficient as well as dedicated to solving any problems you might be facing with the device.
Aesthetically, the design of the router is minimal and not too overbearing on the interior of the house. The connectivity features are quite reliable and efficient while the price is adequately decided according to its features.
- The router is easy to set up
- The price of the router is quite reasonable
- The router does not need regular reboots
- It supports a non-intrusive design
- The app has minimal features
- Some problems regarding the router can only be configured using the website
Best Home Router Under $150 of 2020
You read it right! You can choose one efficient router for your home usage under $150 among too many options and still keep sane. We are happy to help you with that.
1. Linksys EA7500 Dual Band: Home Router under $150
This router is one of the only two routers released by the company that supports MU MIMO technology. This means that the router can connect up to 12 devices at the same time simultaneously.
The router is built using simple matt black plastic with a slightly curved shape- inconspicuous and not a threat to the interior set up of your house. But the router is quite more massive than the average router. It supports three external antennas that are removable or directed whichever way the user pleases. The router also can be mounted on the wall but can be left sitting on a shelf or desk as well.
Now there are no LED lights or output sockets in the front of the socket. There is also a lack of an easily reachable WPS button. In terms of hardware, the router has four-gigabit ethernet LAN ports alongside two USB ports which are 2.0 and 3.0 respectively.
The router is quite easy to set up since it comes with access to an online portal. The service allows you to access the router from anywhere you please, and you can log into the website using your email address and password instead of having to remember the device’s specific username/password combination. You also have the added advantage of setting up a guest network from your phone.
- The router supports a breakneck WiFi speed
- It has a minimal design and can be mounted on the wall
- The performance is quite unparalleled
- There is only one USB 3.0 port
- It is not quite as fast as the fastest AC1900 routers in the market.
Best Home Routers Under $50 of 2020
Here is the list of the best routers available under $50 so that you don’t hop on different websites searching. You can thanks us later for saving your time and energy. Go buy!
1. TP-Link Archer C1200: Home Router Under $50
The Archer C1200 is one of the routers in the market intended for beginner level use with a surprisingly easy setup system with all the features of a relatively advanced router. The router comes with beamforming technology and three antennas that allow a very efficient coverage of the network area. Both dual bands perform to their fullest capacity even if you are moving from place to place- the antennas ensure that the connection is spread efficiently.
In terms of hardware, the router supports 4-gigabit ethernet ports and 1 USB port. The processor of the router ensures that all the devices connected to the router experience a reliable signal- whether it be for downloading files, watching movies or sharing media.
Apart from the features mentioned above, the router does come with a set of various advanced features. This includes parental controls that allow you to monitor your child’s use of the internet by denying access to some websites. It also comes with a QoS which ensures that the router prioritizes the network according to the tasks for which it is being used. It also allows up to two guest networks per band.
- The router supports and high-speed connection
- It has a good range and comes in a compact size
- The router is relatively easy to set up for beginners
- It also boasts of updated efficient firmware
- The router has only one USB port
- The storage capability is limited
- It allows only two guest networks
Best Gaming Routers 2020
Who hates it when their thrilling gaming experiences is interrupted by low-quality router reception? Everyone! But with our list of best gaming routers, you can play without any glitches. Consider our top most recommended routers for your gaming.
1. Asus RT-AC5300 Triband [Archer C5400X] Gaming Router
This router is designed for large households- perfect for online gaming and streaming. The router comes in a relatively large size and does require a lot of desktop space. Its design falls under the matte black enclosure spectrum, with additional red highlights and eight removable as well as adjustable antennas. The front of the router is dotted with small LED lights that indicate power as well as band connectivity.
The router supports a USB 2.0 port as well as buttons to switch on and off the LED lights as well as four gigabit LAN ports, a WAN port, a US 3.0 ports along with a power button. The router supports beamforming technology and MU MIMO technology that calls for simultaneous rather than sequential streaming. It also has a variety of advanced settings that include access to guest networks, Aiprotection, an adaptive QoS as well as AiCloud 2.0 which allows for a USB attached storage device access from anywhere via the internet. A feature specifically for gamers is the Game Boost feature, which offers a one clicks QoS setting that gives gaming applications network traffic priority.
The router is very easy to set up since it comes with a Setup Wizard. Overall, the router is a bit more on the expensive side and is very bulky when it comes to the average router size- but gives the user value for their money.
- The router has a very reliable speed performance
- It ensures network traffic optimization
- The antennas are removable
- The design of the device is somewhat bulky
- The file transfer speeds are mediocre
- There are routers in the market with the same performance but lower costs
2. Tp-Link AC5400 Wireless Router[Archer C5400]: Best Gaming
This router is specially designed for gaming enthusiasts and comes with many features catering to that particular audience. It is a little bit violently designed with eight red and black external antennas which are removable but not adjustable. In terms of hardware, the router comes with eight gigabit LAN ports, a WAN port, a power button, power jack as well as a reset button.
For advanced settings, the router offers the user the feature of parental controls using the child, pre-teen, teen and adult presets to filter out content regarding gambling, pay to surf or social media. You can also apply these filters to specific connected devices. The router also comes with the QoS feature, which allows network priority to specific applications like gaming, surfing, streaming, chatting, etc.
Apart from these, the router boasts of a very reliable and speedy wireless connection- having the ability to connect 20 devices and still managing to maintain a speed of 300mbps, because of the MU MIMO technology and the tri-band feature. Overall, it is a high-end router with very stable firmware and low maintenance, silent performer.
- The router has excellent WIFI coverage
- It can support many devices at once without compromising on the speed
- There is an antivirus feature included
- There is a strongly felt lack of firmware updates
3. ASUS Dual-Band AC3100 GigaBit Gaming Router [RT-AC88U]
This is one of the company’s best routers too date with a wide variety of features that have never before been seen in home routers. It is one of the only models to support eight LAN ports along with support for dual WAN ports. It has an easy to use web interface along with a variety of network monitoring features and a built-in VPN service. In terms of performance, the router delivers with a long-range and very stable, wireless signal- a top-notch device with little room for compromise. The device also supports MU MIMO technology which handles the WIFI bandwidth with efficiency and prioritizes the network.
The router comes with four detachable antennas and two USB ports- a 2.0 in the back and a 3.0 in the front, which can get a bit inconvenient. The router also includes Aiprotection, which is designed to protect the entire network against viruses and malware. It also has an adaptive QoS as well as a feature for six, additional guest networks and a built-in PPTP VPN service that can host up to 10 remote clients.
Overall, the router is one of the best from the company- to date. It gives an excellent performance and a ton of features.
- The router supports eight LAN ports
- The WIFI is quite high speed
- The web interface is smartly designed and very easy to use
- The router comes with a lot of additional features
- The USB 3.0 ports can cause a lot of inconvenience because of how its placed
- The NAS performance is merely average
- The router is a bit more on the expensive side
4. Net Gear NightHawk AC2600 Pro Gaming Wifi Router [XR500]
This router is perfect for gamers who have a certain set of wants from their router. On the outside, the router has a wide, flat design that is similar to a few of its older models. However, this one comes with a few sharp angles around it. The router sports an array of bright LED lights that can be switched off with a switch in the back. It has four detachable dual-band antennas.
Apart from that, the router comes with two USB 3.0 ports with four LAN ports. One WAN port, a DC port for power, a reset button in addition to the switch mentioned above to turn off the LED lights. The router is quite easy to set up via a web browser, but there is no app to manage and control the settings, which can be a bit of a disadvantage. The browser menu is perfect for hardcore gamers looking to customize their settings.
The router also supports a lot of advanced settings like QoS, bandwidth allocation as well as an entire section directed to traffic prioritization. It does come with MU MIMO technology that ensures the user experiences fast simultaneous connections and beamforming for stronger signal strength on each of the connected devices. The router also comes with smart connect, which automatically comes with the ability to choose the best WIFI band for your device to connect with.
Now there is no anti-malware software that comes with the router, but it does have the feature of content filtering, virtual private network support as well as parental controls. You can block websites by keyword, domain, device or service.
- There are a variety of advanced settings to make gaming a smooth experience
- The menu has an array of pop up screens that explain what each setting does
- You can reduce lag and ensure local connections while playing console games
- The router has a futuristic look
- The geo-filtering works for very few PC games
- There is no usable app for the NET GEAR router
- The 5 GHz band is a little slower than seen in previous models
Best Gaming Router For PS4 & PS4 Pro 2020
If you are a passionate online gamer, you must consider below routers that work best with PS4 and PS4 Pro. They are secured, great built-in and amazing high speeds. These routers are here to support your devices with good connectivity, enhancing your gaming experience.
1. ASUS Gaming Router Tri-band WiFi ( GT-AC5300): Best For PS4
The GT-AC5300 is one of the best tri-band routers in the market. Its stunning external design features eight external antennas.
The two 5GHz and 2.4 GHz frequency bands give a combined speed of 5334 Mbps. It has a powerful quad-core processor with a clock speed of 1.8 GHz.
One of its unique attributes is that it has a feature known as VPN Fusion that enables to run an internet connection and a VPN simultaneously. It has 8 gigabit LAN ports and 2 USB 3.0 ports which only indicate that file or data transfer occurs at incredibly high speeds.
Talking about security, it has a Trend Micro powered Game Intrusion Prevention System that provides concrete security measures and encryption against malware and hackers.
Also, you can connect this router with other routers owing to its AirMesh. Also, the range is appreciably good with its RangeBoost technology.
- The 8 gigabit LAN ports and 2 USB ports ensure the availability of one of the fastest connectivity options.
- Advanced technologies available help you have one of the best security options for your router’s connections.
- It is a tad bit expensive when compared to its rivals.
- It is not easy to be set up or configured.
2. Linksys AC3200 Dual-Band: Best For PS4 Pro Gaming
The Linksys AC3200 Dual-Band WiFi Gaming Router is, without a doubt, one of the best in the market. The “Killer Prioritisation Engine” in its name indicates that it has special provisions to focus all its power on gaming.
Performance results indicate that the ping is reduced by almost five times owing to this feature. Coming with four external antennas, it has one of the best performances in terms of network coverage or range.
Being a dual-band router, it can give a combined speed of 3200 Mbps, at the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz frequency bands. It has a 512 MB RAM and a dual-core processor with a clock speed of 1.8 GHz.
It impresses a lot in terms of the newest technologies available, the most attractive one being, Tri-Stream 160, which triples the number of channels at 80 MHz. It has 4 gigabit Ethernet ports and two USB ports (2.0 and 3.0).
- Comes with the latest advanced technologies in the form of Tri-Stream, Killer Prioritisation Engine, MU-MIMO.
- It is a router that is gaming specialised and can surely let you have the best gaming experience if not anything else.
- The network connection, as reviewed by a lot of users, is unstable, which is a major setback.
3. D-Link DIR-879 AC1900 EXO Wi-Fi Router: Best For PlayStation
The D-Link DIR-879 AC1900 EXO router is one of the most economical gaming routers available for Ps4. The router has a sleek design featuring four removable antennas. The router comes with a dual-core processor with a clock frequency of 1GHz.
The dual-band router gives combined speeds of 1900 Mbps. It has 4 gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 Internet port. However, it has got no USB ports. The setting up of this router is one of the easiest in this category of routers.
Beamforming is one of the advanced features that are available in this router, where the entire bandwidth or in a nutshell, the strength of the connection, is focused on the connected devices only irrespective of where they are located.
Also Quality of Service ensures that you have a hassle-free browsing experience.
- Super economical as compared to its rivals.
- Comes with the latest advanced technologies like beamforming, SU-MIMO, Smart Connect, and QoS.
- Maintenance costs are low, and it is fairly simple and easy to set up or configure the router.
- Range of the router can use some improvement
- Absence of USB ports
Best Gaming Router For Xbox & Xbox One 2020
Own an X-box? Slay while you play with your friends with these routers known for their amazing speed. With the latest technology in trend, these routers surely give you an immense experience.
1. TP-Link Archer AX6000: Gaming Router For Xbox
The TP-Link Archer AX6000 Next-Gen WiFi is a slightly higher priced router that comes with a simple and classy look. It is a dual-band router that provides speeds of up to 5952 Mbps combining the two frequency bands of 5GHz and 2.4 GHz.
It features a quad-core CPU with a clock speed of 1.8 GHz. It has 8 gigabit LAN ports and 2 USB ports ( type A and type C). You can set up the app to control the router that way.
Also, you can control it via Amazon’s Alexa. It has a RAM of 1GB. The security and encryption are fairly good, and provisions for parental control are also available.
- It is simple to configure and comes with a lot of easy access options like its official app and through Alexa.
- The security and safety features against malware and hackers are decent and parental control is also available.
- There is hardly any room for improvement in terms of the features; however, the steep price tag is the major setback, as compared to its rivals.
2. Linksys WRT Gaming WiFi Router: Best For Xbox One
The Linksys WRT Gaming WiFi Router with Killer Prioritisation is one of the absolute best in this category. It is a dual-band router providing amazing speeds as high as 3200 Mbps at the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands.
It is a completely wireless router and hence has got no physical Ethernet ports. It has a dual-core processor with a clock speed of 1.8 GHz. It has a sleek look with four external antennas.
It boasts of a ping reduction as high as 65% in In addition to the standard security provisions it comes with an SPI firewall. It comes with one of the latest technologies like MU-MIMO, Tr-stream 160, and killer prioritization engine.
- The slender look and simple design complement the robust features available in the latest forms of technology.
- The gaming interface and firmware help control network congestion.
- The price is somewhat high.
3. NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro XR700: Best For Xbox Gaming
The NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 router has a reputation for lowering the ping rates to facilitate a better online gaming experience. It has a quad-core processor working with a speed of 1.7 GHz. This tri-band router has a data transfer rate of an astonishing 7133 Mbps.
The elegant and highly efficient software works a long way in ensuring real smooth online gaming. You can also prioritize your gaming options. Talking about security, the router has strong security and safety features.
- The router is probably the best option for online gamers who want to have the best out of a game.
- There is room for improvement in terms of the range of the router.
Best Gaming Routers Under $100 of 2020
A good gaming router is essential for powerful gaming experiences. Obviously, no one would like to lose in the middle of their favorite game due to a poor-quality router. For saving you from these nightmares, we have the best of gaming routers under $100 you can choose from.
1. D Link AC 3150 Wireless Router: Gaming Under 100
This router is a pyramid-shaped, red ordeal with four removable antennas that are also adjustable. It also sports small LED lights on top of the router that indicate power, connectivity, both radio bands as well as USB connectivity. In the back of the router, you will find four gigabit LAN ports, a WAN port, a USB 3.0 port as well as a reset, power and WPS button.
The router supports all of the latest technology braggings of 802.11ac WIFI, including beamforming, band steering and MU MIMO streaming. It is accessible through a web interface as well as a mobile app. The home page has a network map in addition to information regarding IP address, connection types etc. making it quite easy to use and set up.
This router is the perfect choice for those in the market looking for a mid-range router with a speedy throughput. It is, obviously, a little bit more expensive than some of the other routers in the market but that is to be expected since it does have the latest WIFI technologies with a rather nice selection of ports and unique aesthetic. This router is perfect for two-story homes and is certainly proven to give you value for your money.
- The router has a very sleek and smooth design
- It has MU MIMO technology
- The router has a very strong performance and supports open-source firmware
- The router is a little bit on the expensive side
- The file transfer speed is quite average
2. Portal Mesh Wifi Router: Best Gaming Under $100
The Portal Mesh Wi-Fi system is different from most WIFI systems because it employs a dynamic frequency selection mechanism called FastLanes. Now there are a few problems with this router that it does not connect to every device available when the FastLanes are on, but once it is shut off, it is compatible with almost all devices.
Now setting up the Portal is similar to what you would expect of the Google WIFI but without the need of creating an account. The system also does not require you to connect to the vendor to work. There is a Portal mobile app for Android and IOS, but it does glitch. The interface tends to freeze while applying changes or switching from one section to another. But it does take only minutes to set up the system once you’ve gotten the hang of it.
The Portal has a good range since as a single unit it can cover about 2,800 square feet of a residential setting with a strong WIFI signal. Still, if you combine two units, you can easily cover around 5000 square feet or an even larger area.
There are a few disadvantages to the router like, for example, the WIFI won’t automatically switch to the Portal until it is close to the unit. Apart from that, the Portal mobile app is necessary to change a lot of the settings and manage FastLanes. But the mobile device has to be reset if you want to use it with another device.
The Portal has quite powerful hardware and comes at a relatively reasonable price when compared to other WIFI systems.
- The Portal has a reliable and fast speed
- It also comes with far-reaching WIFI coverage
- The system comes with both- a web interface and a mobile app and does not require an account to work
- The web interface lacks a few important features, and the app is quite glitchy
- You can only use the app on a single mobile device
- The system also has a terrible signal handoff
Best Gaming Routers under $150 of 2020
These routers usually prove that the extra money is all worth it. Known for their high performance, smooth streaming, high-speed data transmissions and the simplest configuration and setup, these routers know how to simplify the life of a gamer. Being Multi User-MIMO, it clearly supports the environment in which multiple users receive multiple data streams.
1. D-Link EXO wifi Router: Best Gaming Experience Under $150
It comes with a powerful Dual-Core Processor with four high-performance antennas which can help you to stream an HD video alongside gaming. It uses the wireless technology AC2600 Multi User-MIMO Dual Band Gigabit 4K Streaming and Gaming with USB Ports which can give you speeds up to 2600 Mbps (800 Mbps in 2.4 GHz and 1733 Mbps in 5 GHz) which enables all the wifi connected devices at your home from phones to laptops to stay connected with the router at high speeds.
It comes along with four 1Gbps LAN ports and 2 USB ports of 2.0 and 3.0 along with high-speed data transmissions. It also comes with a 3-Year Limited Warranty. It also uses an Advanced AC Smart Beam technology which eliminates the dead spots in the house virtually and ensures a consistent speed even behind closed doors. It tracks the devices all over the house for better speed.
With a promising brand name associated with it, the router works best for those who have encountered the problem of dead spots in their house with its 4×4 Dual Band Wireless Internet for Home (DIR-882-US). It also offers quality with optimum traffic control and seamless performance with the applications that you use.
It also comprises an intuitive user interface that enables easy setup from mobile devices and desktops. It uses a WPA/WPA2 Encryption for better home network security, making it a good choice from all the facets. So, if you are looking for a router that doesn’t only enhance your gaming experience but makes your home a holistic wifi field, then this is the perfect option for you.
- It has four spatial streams.
- It is very easy to install.
- It has a good QoS Engine.
- It has a solid close-range throughput and is pervasive.
- It has only 4 Gigabit ports.
- It has a low flash memory.
- There is no wireless bridge mode.
- Customizing settings here can take a little time.
- It has limited parental controls.
- It does not have built-in malware protection.
2. TP-Link wifi 6 AX3000 Smart wifi Router: Best Gaming Under 150
Running on the latest 802.11ax technology with multiple port options. It has 8 gigabit LAN ports, a multi-gigabit WAN port and two USB ports. This has been so consistent that it has won the award for customer satisfaction both 2017 and 2019, making a reliable choice for those who are looking for something cost-effective and worthy.
The technology makes it better at achieving higher speeds and better capacity with lower latency. It also comprises an Intel processor which makes your experience smooth, buffer-free and trustworthy.
This is one of the best options for gaming because of its 4-Stream Dual Band, which makes it fast giving it incredible speeds with three gaps (2402mbps and 574mbps). It also uses the OFDMA which is revolutionary in its nature as it makes the router consistent through connection with multiple devices at the same time and minimizes lag for whatever you wish to do, especially gaming.
It has MU-MIMO and also works with Alexa (Archer AX50) which can help you use voice control with the router alongside 11 standards and all Wifi devices. It is very easy to set up with the help of the app. It also aids the battery life of the devices with optimum consumption.
- It is cost-effective.
- It isn’t heavy and can be easily carried.
- It does not have a multi-gig port.
- Does not have any Link Aggregation (LAG)
3. Linksys EA7300 Dual-Band wifi: Best Router for Home Gaming
This fast wireless router, compatible with multiple OS like Mac OS, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, caters best to the needs of small homes where the requirement is mainly smooth 4k video and game streaming.
It also has the feature of ‘Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output’ (MU-MIMO) data streaming that divides the bandwidth between the devices used, by which it facilitates easy communication between multiple devices. It consists of two bands being a dual-band router:
- 2.4 GHz band- This band is used for moderately less heavy tasks that don’t have a great demand for speed. For example, Internet browsing.
- 5 GHz band- This band is for the activities involving speed, and that has a requirement of smooth streaming. For example: Playing videos and games.
It has three antennas that can be adjusted which are meant for expanding the range and connectivity.
- Simple and less time-consuming setup
- Excellent wifi speed within the house
- Has a limited wifi range and does not apply to larger households and offices.
- Larger size when in comparison to routers of the same category.
- It has a long span of rebooting
Best Gaming Routers Under $200 of 2020
The field of technology has advanced to such a new level which is commendable. Hardware companies these days target their most active buyers, i.e., the gamers. These companies have developed all kinds of gaming hardware for such professional gamers. To attract the buyers to a gaming router, the suppliers show them the basic difference between a normal router and a gaming router, which is the Quality of Service (QoS). A gaming router that supports QoS will prioritize the data traffic related to the game over all other incoming and outgoing data. This will let the users enjoy smooth gameplay.
If one has a router that is being shared by the whole family for streaming videos and other activities, then the gaming gets interrupted and slows down. Hence, it is recommended that you buy a separate router for gaming. These routers are specially made for the purpose of gaming and as advertised, they come with a lot of benefits such as taking charge of the data traffic issues. When it comes to gaming, Gigabit Ethernet ports, is the latest wireless standard and powerful router hardware.
Following are some of the best gaming routers that have been reviewed and recommended for people who are into gaming:
1. ASUS AC2900 Wi-Fi Dual-band (RT-AC86U): Best Gaming Under $200
It is a dual-band (2.4 + 5 GHz) AC2900 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac MU-MIMO technology for achieving data transfer speeds up to 2900 Mbps. The Dual-core processor (1.8 GHz 32-bit) optimizes network connectivity. It has a USB 3.1 Gen1 and 4 x Gigabit LAN ports.
It is designed for lag-free online games and flawless streaming of videos with fast WTFash games. The QoS is said to be adaptive and accelerating. The AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro, provides built-in 24/7 protection from external attacks, neutralizing them before they reach your network or connected devices. The setting up is easy and there is parental control as well. The device also has instant notification and reminder set ups. It is AiMesh supported which also helps in upgrading your software as per requirement.
- The router has great Wi-Fi connectivity and strength
- The modern line plugs into it seamlessly and there are 4 LAN ports to wire in a 5 plug Hub which creates more LAN connections
- There is also a nice user interface which can turn off LEDs
- The unit stands on a narrow base just like any other router, so it must be placed where it won’t get knocked over
- Its functioning ability is very low. It can die within a span of 9 – 18 months of continuous usage
- It has a short life span and once the software is sent for any update, functioning ability immediately reduces further. The hardware expires prematurely
2. Zyxel Armor Z2 AC2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router [NBG6817]: Best Gaming Under 200
It is a 2nd Generation AC2600 Chipset. It has enhanced Mu-MIMO Support. It consists of beamforming for enhanced wireless coverage and stability. This router improves the stream boost for online games and streaming experience. The product is generally preferred for its amazing traffic tackling issues, connectivity and signaling. It has a multiuser facility as well. Even though the features are complicated, but it is advanced to handle any issues.
- Its stream boost feature is great for traffic control of all connected devices. It also lowers ping times in games
- It has amazing connectivity and signaling throughout the house
- It also has a multi-user streaming facility
- It can be quite complicated and has several advanced features that are hard to understand.
- This router is quite expensive
- It is not user friendly
3. TP-Link AC4000 Smart Wi-Fi (Archer A20): Best Gaming Router Under $200
Video streaming and gaming is not an issue for the A20, which has an incredible AC4000 tri-band speed. It has 1.8GHz quad-core 64 Bit processor to smoothly run multiple requests and accelerate the loading times. It resolves the issue of buffering with the latest technology installed, which is MU-MIMO technology. It lets you connect to other devices as well. It has powerful security that protects from harmful and malicious software. The router is a good power range booster. The internet coverage is great, allowing several users to stream simultaneously without any disturbance.
- Great speed and a vast internet coverage
- It can adapt with online video streaming, internet surfing and online games as well.
- File transfer is a faster and an easier process with this router
- The product is very bulky with multiple antenna extensions
- It has a middling 5GHz range performance.
- The router seems to get disturbed if there is a wall built in between the user and router
Best Business Routers 2020
Internet connection is essential to any business activity you are doing – be it small or big. Even small businesses need fast connectivity to connect them to multiple routers and work faster. Over the past years, routers have improved drastically with special features such as dual and triple band. Good network connection is needed to serve the employees as well as the customers. Other features that must be included are the security, establishing a Verified Private Network and how large space the router can cover. Below are some of the best business routers:
1. NETGEAR Orbi Pro Tri-Band Wi-Fi System: Best Business router
This router covers an entire area of up to 5,000 sq. ft. The router, as well as the wall – mount satellite, come with 7 Ethernet ports, which provides a fast connection. It is easily moveable and seamlessly roaming without dropping Wi-Fi signals. The device is safe, secure and loaded with advanced technology. It has incredible internet coverage without any disruption in between. Its tri-band facility, which is rare in routers, allows the speedy connectivity. Unlike some routers, it is not complicated in managing. It can load traffic and balance well.
- It has great internet coverage and there is a tri-band facility which makes the speed faster
- It is easy to set up and manage
- It sets up a network to deal with trafficking issues
- It has set up issues with the process and can get locked up. It is harder to reset the system
- The Ring LED light is broken and can throw a false flag
- The Orbi app can be worse than a hard-wired setup attempt even with the inclusion of the QR code functionality
2. Linksys EA6350-EJ Dual-Band Wi-Fi: Best For Business
It provides internet coverage of 1,000 sq. ft for up to 10 devices at least. It is a dual Wi-Fi band which speeds up to 1.2 Gbps. Gigabit Ethernet ports provide wired transfer speed 10 times faster than fast Ethernet. It works with the existing modem. The setting up of this router is not time-consuming or complicated. It has no streaming issues as it hardly ever buffers, and this router also seems to be cost-effective. It is not difficult for any user to manage the router. The router is also very user friendly and is worth the price with the functions and benefits it features and promises.
- It is easy to set up and manage
- It has a fast streaming speed which means it doesn’t have buffering issues
- It is affordable
- The router breaks down very often within 1 month of usage
- The software of this router sees devices of the same company as one device hence it starts functioning slow
- After having the software updates, it usually has configuration issues
3. Billion BIPAC 8900AX-2400 Tri-band: Business Router
It is a wireless router product which can be used to distribute an ADSL2+ connection, or even fiber or mobile broadband. It’s a small unit that is easy to install and use. It is a vertical unit with internal antennas rather than external. The antennae are detachable as well. This router can easily connect from one device to another without any disturbance. There is strict security, firewall, and configuration system. There is high parental control and performing ability in this router. The router is cost-effective and promises to be efficient as per its features.
- It is versatile which means that it can connect from source to another without detaching.
- The parental control system is advanced in this router
- It is easily affordable with all its functions
- The router isn’t user friendly
- The device is very slow in functioning
- It is not a refined router for the inexperienced user and configuration
4. Asus ROG Rapture, tri-band router black bis 180m² (Business):
It includes Airprotection – security package installed in the router. It has strong hardware with 1.7 GHz Dual Core Processor and 512 MB RAM. The router facilitates comfortable guest access with Authentication. 8 Gigabit LAN ports with 802.3ad and static link aggregation function are also included. It has strong security, firewall and configuration system. This product has a high performing ability. The router is completely safe from any viruses or malfunctions. The updates of this router only make it more advanced and friendly with the user.
- It has a great security package
- Has amazing hardware updates
- It is user friendly
- After the software update, it usually crashes
- Not worth the purchase amount
- Wireless charging is not available with this product
5. Linksys Business Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router (LRT224)
It has an open VPN server support. The router comes with a Dual Van Load Balancing as well as an integrated firewall. The setup procedure is easy and there is superior IP security. It is very flexible when it comes to connectivity related issues. There is a strong security system and firewall protection from various harmful viruses and malware. It is user-friendly and cost-effective as well. High performing ability makes the internet speed faster and increases the coverage area for the benefit of the business. It also has some advanced features for the benefit of the business employees and guests.
- Flexible VPN solutions for IPsec, SSL, and PPTP
- Integrated with OpenVPN for SSL
- Great security and firewall protection
- Low SSL VPN Client to Gateway throughput
- Protocol binding configurations can be confusing
- It has issues with the software update
Best Wireless Routers For Small Businesses 2020
A wireless router is very essential for small businesses these days. In a small business, the customers are given a powerful and secure network. This is one of the essential keys since getting viruses from a public network is very easy. There will be multiple users on this network. Hence, it is very essential for the modem to work fast and it must cover a large space. In a small business, knowing that there will be a lot of customers who will connect, the router should balance load and traffic in a systematic manner such that their speed also doesn’t get affected. Below are some of the best routers for small business:
1. Synology RT2600ac: Best Small Business Router
It is a dual-core 1.7 GHz processor for faster performance. It has a powerful radio ware with MU-MIMO ad up to 2.53 Gbps wireless speeds. To smoothen the transition between range and maximize the speed it has a smart connect installed. There is a hardware acceleration layer and traffic control tracking as well as Dual WAN capable of loading balance and switching support. Since it is not complicated, it will be easy for the customers to use. It has strong parenting control and high performing ability. It has several advanced features as well to attract its buyers.
- It is a very well functioned router and easy to use
- It has multiple useful features and faster functioning
- It had good traffic and parental control
- Synology has difficulties with connection
- The mobile app to control the router has very few features
- It is a bit tricky to use
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 Smart Wi-Fi Router (R9000): Best Small Business
It has an 802.11 ac Quad-Stream wave2 Wi-Fi Plus Wi-Fi 802.11 AD, wireless speed up to 4600+1733+800 Mbps. It has faster Wi-Fi technology for instant downloading and backup. The router contains a powerful quad processor. It has a high performing ability with active and advanced antenna features. Strong internet connectivity and large coverage make it one of the best for business use. It can serve as a media entertainment. To attract its users, it has increased and commendable internet speed and a strong security system. It is also cost-effective.
- It has high-performance active antennas
- It has better Wi-Fi coverage and faster speed
- Also, it serves a plex media: it has all movie, tv, music video and photo in one device and at your fingertip
- The Wi-Fi speed constantly drops
- The firmware system doesn’t keep up
- The product isn’t as promising as it claims to be
3. Norton by Symantec Granite Gray Norton Core Secure Wi-Fi Router[Small Business]
It is a high-performance Wi-Fi router with multi-layer protection. The router lets you stream all your favorite movies in 4K, play online games or download content fast. It protects the device from any malware, viruses and phishing tactics and bonnets. The router is easily manageable and easy to set for the users. It is user friendly with all types of devices. The parenting, security as well as firewall protection of the router are commendable. It protects all its connected devices as well and is affordable at normal rates.
- It is easy to set up – Bluetooth enabled iOS and Android devices with a mobile data plan.
- It protects all connected device up to 1 year
- It has smart parental controls as well
- It does not live up to its promises on connectivity
- If you buy another Norton product, the devices can only connect to one device at a point of time
- It is not very user friendly and is complex to use
Best CISCO Small Business Router 2020
One must find the best router to connect his or her small business to the outside world. Cisco company routers are private networking routers that will connect to the workers easily through a secure internet pathway. The promising features of this router include a highly secure VPN access, comprehensive security, and easy installation procedure. The Cisco routers are promising as well as affordable and they keep on developing their features. They have excellent network coverage and promise to secure all their users and block the virus and other malware. Below are some of the recommended routers of Cisco:
1. Cisco Systems Gigabit VPN Router (RV320K9NA): Cisco Small Business
It has great network connectivity, secure access, firewall protection, and high performance. With the intuitive user interface, it enables the user to work quickly. It proves to be reliable, highly secured access and connectivity for the employees and the owner as well, since it is transparent. It is cost-effective. The advanced feature in this router allows it to transfer large files without any disturbance and this has high performing capacity. It has strong security and firewall protection. It is user friendly and not complicated like other routers.
- It is affordable
- High-performance Gigabit Ethernet ports enable easy transfer of large files
- It has a Stateful packet inspection firewall and hardware encryption which provides strong security
- It is an easy to use router which has a user-friendly configuration tool
- It has a bulky SSL VPN
- More minor bugs than there should be
- The functioning of this product is not as simple as it claims to be
2. Cisco RV325-WB-K9-NA Rv325 VPN Router Web Filter: Small Business
It has secure access, firewall protection, and high performance. It has interactive user interfaces that will run in mere minutes. These routers are reliable, highly secured connectivity for the business employees and also secures your work. It does not cause much disturbance and has good control over data traffic and loading balance. This router also has a good internet coverage area and hence speeds up the connection. The router can easily transfer files in bulk due to the advanced features installed within. The parenting security of this router is very strong as well.
- It has a good load balancing capability
- It has a good performing ability which enables it to transfer large files in bulk
- It has Dual USB ports for storage and 3G/4G modem failover
- It has some issues with bugs
- It has a balky SSL VPN
- Functioning is quite complex
3. Cisco WRP500-A-K9 Wireless Router for Small Businesses
It is a cost-effective solution that can combine telephone, wired and 802.11 wireless network capabilities. This router has a perfect design for running small businesses. It has two voice ports to support voice over IP and four Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired Ethernet connections. It is one of the advanced Cisco routers for small businesses. It provides great service for video and audio communication. It has features to protect and secure the data. It also consists of a strong firewall system to protect the router from malware and viruses.
- It offers an advanced quality of service and reliable voice and video communications
- It helps to keep your data secure as it has adequate software for it
- It has good administration benefits as well which will eliminate the lengthy process
- There are no installation instructions enclosed
- This model has been discontinued so it is hard to find its repair services
- It has issues with its hardware update
Best Large Business Routers 2020
Choosing a router for one’s office is a tedious job. While choosing a router for your home and small business is comparatively an easy job, choosing a router for a large business can be tedious since it is required to handle more security and internet trafficking. Picking a router is a tough task as multiple features must be considered before it is bought. In large business routers, there will be a heavy load of trafficking and balancing of this load. So, the router must be designed in a way to handle such load and intensity. These routers which are used in business must also ensure that they are secure for people to connect and there will be no virus in them because half the viruses pass through such routers. Below are some of the routers suggested for the readers who have large businesses:
1. Cisco Systems Gigabit Dual WAN VPN 14 Port Router (RV325K9NA): Lage Business
It is the perfect router for businesses. It has all the advanced features and has an impressive system. It can connect its dual Gigabit Ethernet WAN ports to one service provider for high-performance networking and load balancing. The router is commendable in handling big business as it can balance multiple loads. The performing ability of this router is very high and it has a very strong and advanced security package for parental control. The router doesn’t take much time to set up and it is also easy to manage.
- It has a high-performance capability
- It has a strong security system with proven stateful packet inspection firewall and hardware encryption
- Intuitive, browser-based device manager. Easy to set up as well
- It is not promising when it comes to balancing load
- It has been blacklisted by many VOIP users
- It has some firmware and bandwidth issues
2. Cisco RV260W Wireless-AC VPN Router: Best large Business
It is the most powerful and secure 200 series model. It is ideal for small and medium-sized businesses. The model has built-in 3×3 802.11 ac Wave 2 wireless. The dual-core CPU feature of the router attracts buyers. It has a high performing ability and strong security and firewall protection. It is affordable and worth buying. The functioning of this router through complex, but is advanced and good for the upcoming usage in a generation.
- It has a dual-core CPU
- It has a high-performance capability
- It also has proper security system
- It has a poor wireless connection. It has very little coverage
- Device configuration is not intuitive
- It has complex functioning which isn’t suited for all users
3. Cisco RV340 VPN: Best Router For Large Business Network
It has 4 integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports that let you connect the wired devices. Has Dual WAN Ethernet allowing multiple internet connections. It also allows highly secure wireless guest access networking. The security system, parental controlling and firewall protection of this router is incredible. The router is user friendly as well. The router can handle multiple traffic loads and can balance it in a good manner.
- It had a good high load balancing
- The security system and interconnectivity are very strong
- It is user friendly
- It has some issues with functioning because if one buys this product, they also must buy several other additional things to make the functioning better
- The licensing process is very tedious
- The product isn’t affordable to all users
CISCO Large Business Routers 2020
Cisco’s routers are well designed for all businesses and sizes. They are highly reliable with great internet coverage and good security control. Cisco routers are usually preferred by large businesses since they are found to be promising and have amazing features that match up to the requirements for usage by large businesses. Following are some of the large business routers by Cisco that are used by the company:
1. Cisco Systems Cisco RV345 VPN Router: Cisco Large Business Solution
It is perfect for business routers. It has a high-speed ethernet connectivity up to 900 Mbps. It has a secure VPN connectivity. For higher performance and to resolve connectivity issues and make the functioning of the router faster it has around 16 LAN ports. Its Dual WAN connectivity allows multiple internet connections. This router has a good network and a balancing load. It is very flexible when it comes to supporting and switching from 3G/4G network related issues. The coverage of this router is vast and stronger than most routers.
- It has a good load balancing and failover
- It has good flexibility – 2 USB ports to support a 3G/4G modem or flash drive
- It has good connectivity
- The web interface continually hands and therefore the product is difficult to configure.
- The firmware when updated stops working properly
- It is more expensive than most other routers and is yet not promising
2. Cisco ISR4331/K9 4331 Router: Best For Large Business
It provides a scalable, flexible foundation in order to integrate leading IT initiatives like SD-WAN and edge compute, while meeting the explosive network performance need driven by cloud-based application adoption. It has strong and advanced features such as internet connectivity, firewall protection from viruses, parental control and a good coverage area for the internet. It is also easy to configure and manage this router. The setting up of this router is easier.
- It has good networking services
- It has a good and strong security management
- It also had a good and simplified management – configuration
- It cannot connect to VOIP
- It has web interface issues
- It is not affordable
3. Cisco ISR4321/K9 4321 Router: Cisco Solution For Enterprise
This model features modular network interfaces with diverse connection options. It has modular interfaces with online removal and insertion for module upgrades without network disruptions. The router has excellent network connectivity with which it promises never to get disrupted. It is affordable and not costly like many routers. It has good firewall protection and loading balance as well.
- It can balance load and trafficking signals
- It has a good network resiliency
- It is cost effective
- It has a lot of network disruptions
- It isn’t user friendly
- The update software crashes
4. Cisco SG350-10 10-Port Gigabit Managed Switch, SG35010K9NA: Big Business
The 350 series switches are the next generation managed switches that offer excellent performance, rich features and easy to use. It has a strong foundation and the product seems to be promising for usage in the present and the upcoming generations as well. it has a strong security and antivirus system installed to protect the firewall. This router has a unique system to save energy in power mode. It can perfectly traffic signals and load balance as well.
- It has advanced security and routing
- It also has an energy-saving technology
- It can load balance
- They do not have a Power over Ethernet though it is promised that they have
- It is not easy to use as a support system is not user friendly
- The product is not promising to buy
Best Mesh Routers 2020
The latest upgrade in technology for Wifi network is the mesh routers. These mesh routers are the best for using at home. Mesh networks have been popular for many years now and they are used in areas where having a secure network is very important. Deal zones can be eliminated by using mesh routers. They have multiple access points. These types of routers can be used in military, business and at homes. Here are some of the best mesh routers available:
1. Samsung Electronics ET-WV525KWEGUS: Best Mesh Router, White (3 pack)
This is a great mesh router and also a home hub. So, you get two things in a single product. This router will let you control multiple things. All you need is the SmartThings app on your phone. You can control more than a hundred cameras, speakers, lights, doorbells and many other devices using the router and the app together.
It comes in a pack of three. One single router in this pack can provide a Wifi coverage to a 1500 sq. ft. area. When the three routers are combined the coverage is up to 4500 sq. Ft. In case more coverage is required a set of 32 such routers can be used in combination. This Wifi Router is adapted to the homely environment. The router learns the environment and accordingly the performance is optimized so that users can have a great experience.
The router is able to switch from channel to channel, choosing whichever is the fastest and has less congestion. It provides access to guest users, there are parental controls, schedules can be set up and many more can be done using the mobile application.
- Pack of three for wider coverage
- Adaptive channel hopping
- Easy to set up and use
- High dependency on cloud
- Features become non functional when internet is unavailable
- Doesn’t provide home security system
2. Linksys Velop WiFi 6 Mesh Router: Best Mesh Router (2-pack, White)
This mesh router combines the latest wireless technologies and the Wifi dead zones are eliminated with this router. This product is slightly expensive but the features it provides are worth every penny. It is a tri-band kit.
The coverage provided by this mesh router is as large as 6000 sq ft of area. This large coverage is obtained by using a dynamic backhaul and two massive nodes, each providing individual coverage up to 3000 sq ft.
There are two nodes having dimensions of 9.6 x 4.5 x 4.6 inches. Each of the two nodes has four Gigabit LAN ports, one USB 3.0 port and one Gigabit WAN port. There are LED indicators on each of these and they change the color of their light for different modes which are, “Connected”, “Loss of internet connection”, “out of range” and “setup”.
Maximum speed attainable is 1147 Mbps on a 2.4 GHz band. It includes a quad core processor, 1 GB RAM, flash memory of 512 MB, 8 antennas and a 802.11 ax circuitry.
- Installation is easy
- Great performance
- USB port
- 4 gigabet ethernet ports
- Components are bulky
- No protection against virus and malware
3. Synology MR2200ac Mesh Wi-Fi Router: Top in Mesh Technology
This mesh router comes with built-in protection. For users who want advanced controls, this mesh router is perfect for them. The router can be controlled remotely using a mobile application. The router also includes a fast USB 3.0 port.
It contains an advanced firmware which offers great features. The performance of this router is exceptional and it comes with a 2.4 GHz Wifi band. There are 3 LED lights on the router. Two of them signal the status of the Wifi and the other one signals the status of the MR2200ac. Three should be lit up for the router to work properly. The processor is a quad-core Qualcomm Dakota IPQ4019. The RAM is 256 MB and the storage space is 4 GB large. It supports 2 x 2 MU-MIMO wireless transfers and 802.11 ac wave standard.
- USB 3.0 port included
- Comes with great Help documentation
- Great security
- Parental controls available
- 1 Gbps internet connections are not fully utilized
- Sold in individual units and the mesh needs to be created
4. TRENDnet AC2200 WiFi: Best Mesh Router System
This router is a tri-band system. It uses 802.11ac technology that supports wireless networking. The router provides coverage of up to 4000 sq ft. It is very easy to install and use as it comes with a mobile app and two low profile nodes. It has a single LED that changes colors based on the status of the nodes.
External peripherals can be connected using the USB 3.0 port available. It also contains a power jack and also 2 gigabit LAN ports. Includes a quad core processor and a flash memory of 128 MB. The maximum speed can reach up to 400 Mbps on 2.4 Ghz band and 867 Mbps on the 5 GHz band. The LAN port can be used for wired backhaul, which helps to free up some transmissions on the wireless network. The router can be controlled using the mobile app.
- Close range throughput is great
- It is easy to install
- The mobile app is user friendly
- There are parental controls built in
- There is no malware protection
- Long range performance is not that good
5. Amazon eero Router: Best Mesh System
This router has a stylish design as compared to other mesh routers. There is a mobile app that makes the installation and use easier. It provides coverage up to 5000 sq ft. There are reliable parental controls on this router.
It provides strong protection against a virus and malware. It comes with 3 nodes having dimensions of 2.4 by 3.9 by 3.9 inches. There are two gigabit LAN ports, a power port, one status LED and a reset button. There is a dual-band system supported by 802.11ac Wifi technology and MU-MIMO technology. There is a 700 MHz quad-core processor, RAM of 512 MB and 4 GB flash storage. On 2.4 GHz band, the maximum speed is 400Mbps and on 5 GHz the maximum speed is 866 Mbps.
The Eero system also works with the Alexa and you can give voice commands to Alexa and control the router from a distance.
- Design is sleek
- Setting up as well as management is very easy
- Throughput performance is commendable
- There are no QoS settings
- Subscription is required to avail some features
- There are no USB ports to connect peripheral devices
Best Mesh Routers for MAC 2020
You need to make sure that the routers you get for the Apple devices support the activities you do on this network. So, here is a list of the best routers for your MAC:
1. Linksys WHW0102 Velop Home Mesh WIFI System: Best For Mac
This router provides a fast and reliable Wifi connection so you can stream videos in 4K and play games without any buffering. The router can be managed using the Linksys app. You can customize and manage your Wifi using this app. This is a self-organizing and self-optimizing router which adapts to the Wifi needs, providing a smooth connection without any interruption.
The router has a sleek design and is compact in size, making it look really stylish. The router gives access to guests, contains parental controls, prioritizes the devices and also includes a speed test. It can also be controlled using voice commands and works well with a MAC. The coverage provided is up to 1500 sq ft by each node, in this pack of two. Good enough to cover the entire home building a great mesh network.
- Mobile app is user friendly
- Easy to install and set up
- Enabled with MU-MIMO
- Design is stylish
- Performance not as expected
- There is no protection against virus or malware
2. Linksys WHW0303 Velop: Best Mesh Router For Mac
This product comes in a pack of three nodes and provides 100 percent internet speed. It is a tri-band system providing three different speeds of 400 Mbps, 867 Mbps and 867 Mbps on each node.
The router provides great Wifi coverage and lets you stream videos in 4K and play games. It is equipped with a 716 MHz quad-core processor. The coverage provided is up to 6000 sq ft which is enough to cover a 5 bedroom building. It is compatible with the Apple Homekit.
The router works perfectly with any service provider and with existing modems. The design is suitable for placing anywhere in the house and it is a whole-home mesh network. The network is secured with Linksys Shield keeping you away from threats like malware or viruses. The router can be controlled using the Linksys app which allows guest access, parental controls, device prioritization and speed testing.
- Tri-band system
- Coverage up to 6000 sq ft enough to cover the whole house
- 6 LAN ports
- Some features are available on paid subscriptions only
- There is no built-in protection against malware
3. ASUS RT-AC66U B1 AC1750: Best AiMesh Router For Mac
This router by Assu comes with three non-detachable antennae. The product dimensions are 1.7 by 8.5 by 5.8 inches of height, width, and depth respectively. On the front panel, there is a USB 2.0 port and 8 activity LEDs for internet, power, two radio bands and four LAN ports. The rear panel contains four gigabit LAN ports, one USB 2.0 port, one power jack, and the WPS, power and reset buttons.
In the general menu, there are features like USB application, Traffic analyzer, and Guest networking. The traffic analyzer helps to keep track of network usage and time. The AiProtection settings can be used to configure the network protection utilities which are powered by Trend Micro. Unlike many other routers, this router comes with adaptive QoS settings to enhance gaming, media streaming and other activities over the network.
In the advanced setting you have options for MAC filtering and other professional settings. This dual band router is very easy to install and use and is also poket friendly. The throughput performance is also great.
- Two USB ports
- MAC filtering available
- Three Antennae
- Provides secured network for home
- No cloud platform
- No USB 3.0 ports
- Design not very attractive
Best Mesh Routers For Home 2020
Mesh routers are perfect for providing Wifi connection at home. They provide coverage for the entire house and have high security. One of the best mesh routers which can be used at home is as follows:
1. Tenda Nova: Best Mesh Router For Home
This Wifi system is a great replacement for the gigabit AC Wifi routers and extenders. This is a dual-band router that provides coverage of up to 3500 sq ft. The maximum speed on the 2.4 GHz band is 300 Mbps and on the 5 GHz band, the link rate is as high as 867 Mbps.
This product contains three nodes each is a cube of 3 inches. It is equipped with a quad-core processor having Realtek chips which makes it compatible with iOS as well as Android applications. The router can be easily set up and managed using the apps. Each node has three ports, two of which are gigabit Ethernet ports and one is a power port. So combined this Wifi system provides 6 Ethernet ports.
The router has a RAM of 128 MB and a flash memory of 16 MB. This is an inexpensive Wifi system which works well for the home environment.
- Setup and management is easy
- There are three nodes
- 6 LAN ports
- No device prioritization
- QoS not available
- Apps to control the router are not reliable
Best Mesh Wifi for Thick Walls 2020
Many routers are unable to pass through thick walls to provide connectivity. One of the best routers which provide connectivity even through thick walls is as follows:
1. TP-Link Deco Whole Home Powerline Hybrid Mesh WiFi System: Best For Thick Walls
If you are using a Wifi router, extender or repeater, then you can replace them with this Wifi system. The router can send signals through thick walls and it provides coverage of up to 6000 sq ft. Deco P7 uses the powerline technology which enables data transmission between nodes. This ensures that every client gets a larger bandwidth and also avoids congestion on the network. The working is similar to Ethernet backhaul.
There is a single LED light that changes color based on the status of the router. It comes with a quad-core Atheros chip processor. The RAM is of 256 MB and the flash memory is 32 MB. It is also equipped with a 4.2 Bluetooth chip.
This is a dual-band system providing link rates up to 400 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz radio band and 867 Mbps on the 5GHz radio band. The nodes interconnect and ensure seamless roaming as the client moves around the house.
- Hybrid mesh technology (Wifi + PLC)
- Wireless performance is good
- Compatible with Alexa
- Ethernet backhaul
- Lacks web-based interface
- Limited configuration with the User Interface
Best Mesh Routers for Streaming 2020
We all desire to have uninterrupted media streaming and in good quality. So to fulfill this requirement one needs to have a router that provides smooth and fast internet connectivity. Here is one of the best products which let you stream media without buffering issues:
1. NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK852): Best Mesh Streaming
It is a two-node system designed for whole-house coverage. The internode communication works on a dedicated 5 GHz radio band. Each node has a dimension of 10 by 7.5 by 2.8 inches (HWD). Each has a LED on the base. They provide coverage up to 5000 sq ft. The LED light changes color based on the status of the router.
The router consists of 4 gigabit LAN ports and a single WAN port of 2.5 Gbps. There are 8 antennae on the inside. The processor is a 2.2 GHz quad-core one with a RAM of 1 GB and a flash memory of 512 B.
It is a tri band system that supports Wifi 6 technology and is WPA3 encrypted. 4 x 4 MU-MIMO is supported which allows data streaming and signal beamforming to work simultaneously. On the 2.4 GHz band the maximum speed attainable is 1200 Mbps and on each of the two 5 GHz bands the maximum speed is 2400 Mbps. There are parental controls on this router supported by Disney Circle and using Netgear Armor it can be protected from malware attacks.
- Multi-gigabit WAN port available
- 4 LAN ports
- Easy to install and manage
- Throughput is great
- No built-in malware protection
- No USB ports
Best Mesh Routers for Gaming 2020
Gaming requires a fast and stable internet connection. One such router which can work as a great gaming router is as follows:
NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XRM570: Best Mesh Router For Gaming
This system is a two-piece configuration of a NightHawk Pro Gaming router and a Nighthawk Mesh Extender. The router dimensions are 2.2 inches height, 12.7 inches width and 9.6 inches depth. On the front edge, there are 11 LEDs for indicating the status of the router, one for power, one for internet, two for the Wifi bands, one for the guest Wifi, two for USB ports and 4 for the LAN ports.
The rear panel contains the 4 gigabit LAN ports, 1 WAN port, power jack and power and reset buttons. The two USB 3.0 ports are located on the left side of the router. This router is powered by a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor along with 512 MB RAM and flask memory of size 256 MB. It also contains 4 antennae which can be adjusted and detached from the router. 800 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 1733 Mbps on the 5 GHz band are the maximum attainable speeds, which supports gaming very well.
- Throughput performance is fast
- Very easy to install
- Multiple LAN and USB ports
- No protection against malware
Best AC Routers 2020
AC routers are those which support the latest 802.11ac networking standard. These routers are known to provide the fastest Wifi connection on a 5 GHz frequency. AC is usually followed by a number that represents the maximum bandwidth that the router can achieve. Here are reviews of some of the best ac routers available:
1. Medialink AC1200 Wireless Gigabit: Best AC Router Under $100
This router provides high-speed internet and comes at an affordable price. It has a wired speed of 1000 Mbps and an AC of 1200 Mbps, combined with wireless speed. This router is equipped with Gigabit ports instead of the commonly found Ethernet ports on other routers. Gigabit ports are much faster as compared to the Ethernet ones.
Two antennas on this router further enhance the speed of the connection. You can easily play games or stream HD quality videos using this router. The router allows 20 devices to connect together which lets multiple people to work simultaneously. The LED lights can be turned off or on as per need. The router comes with parental controls and you can also restrict internet access when you want to. Also allows guest access and comes with a firewall and wireless security to protect against malware.
- Two powerful antennas for greater speeds
- 20 devices can be connected
- Works as an extender too
- Does not come with an instruction manual
- Firewall and wireless security are mediocre
2. iNet GL-AR750S-Ext Gigabit Travel: Best AC Router For The Money
This is one of the best travel routers as it is compact in size and combines all the features which are needed for a travel router. It is compatible with 25 VPN providers as it contains OpenVPN. It comes with a pre-installed OpenWRT/LEDE which makes programming very easy.
It is equipped with 3 Ethernet, one which can be used as a LAN or WAN port. This router is very easy to use. It is lightweight and comes with a one year warranty. It is a dual-band router. On the 2.4 GHz band, the data transfer rate is 300 Mbps and on the 5 GHz band the data transfer rate is 433 Mbps. There is a USB 2.0 port that works with 3G and 4G modems. It also contains an SD card reader.
This router works as an access point, Wifi extender and WDS and has great performance, features and small size which makes it perfect for carrying around during travel.
- Versatile device
- OpenWRT and OpenVPN are pre-installed
- Connectivity is good
- Quality control not as expected
3. TP-Link AC1900: Best AC Router For Large Home
This router supports MU-MIMO which provides high speed on a wireless network. It is a dual-band router that comes with a 1 GHz dual-core processor along with 3 antennas that can be removed. AC1900 implies the router can attain data transfer speed up to 1900 Mbps. The maximum speed on the 2.4 GHz band is 600 Mbps and on the 5 GHz ban, it is 1300 Mbps.
On the rear panel, there are 4 gigabit Ethernet ports, one WAN port, one USB 2.0 port, and the reset button and power button. One USB 3.0 port is also available which is located on the front side. It is equipped with VPN, beamforming. The router is compatible with Alexa and can be controlled usinf voice commands. Also, there are parental controls, facilitates guest access, and there is an option for quick setup. This is one of the best AC routers under a hundred dollars.
- User-friendly controls
- 3 detachable antennas
- Two USB ports, both 2.0 and 3.0
- File transfer performance not as expected
- The touch screen may not work well all the time
Best AC Routers for Home 2020
Following are some of the best AC routers that work well in the home environment:
1. Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router: Best AC For Home Use
This router supports the 802.11ac network standard providing high-speed Wifi connectivity. It operates on dual bandwidths of frequency 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. It delivers a speed of up to 1200 Mbps on both bands combined. The router is easy to control and the setup process is really simple.
It facilitates guest sharing which can be used by guests when they visit and is also a great office wireless router. It doesn’t compromise with the security even with the guest access. It is equipped with a 900 MHz processor and 4 detachable antennas that are high powered. The router provides coverage up to 2500 sq ft. There are 4 LAN ports and also supports MU-MIMO technology. The router can be controlled by using the Tenda app on your mobile device. You can set up parental controls, blacklist some devices and control the guest network using the application.
- 4 detachable antennas
- Dual band router
- Tenda app controls the network
- Technical support not very good
2. AC 5GHz Wireless Router for Home Office Internet Gaming Compatible with Alexa
This is a long-range router which works best with wireless internet. It is suitable for home, office and restaurants. This is a dual-band router with high powered 4 antennas. It has a maximum speed of 867 Mbps on a 5 GHz band and a speed of 300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band. The internet speed is great for media streaming and gaming. This router can also be used as a Wifi repeater.
It comes with a 2 years warranty. It has a high-security performance with WPA2 , WPA, WEP security and firewall which provides wireless security.
- Compatible with Alexa
- Great security performance
- No support by mobile app
- Performance not as expected
3. TRENDnet AC2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Gigabit Router: Best AC Router For Large Home
This router comes with 4 antennas which are extra long, adjustable and can also be removed. The dimensions are 1.8 by 9.8 by 7.1 inches. There are blue LEDs on the front edge of the router for power, internet, the two bands, wired port connectivity and USB connectivity. There are 2 bands with a speed of 800 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 1733 Mbps speed on the 5 GHz band. It is powered with a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor. On the rear panel, there are 4 gigabit Ethernet ports, one WAN port, two ports for USB 3.0 and buttons for WPS, Wifi and power. The router can support MU-MIMO streaming which enables multiple clients to send data simultaneously. It also has beamforming which enables wireless signal sending. There are some other basic settings like parental control, guest access and Qualcomm’s StreamBoost.
- 4 antennas
- 2 USB ports
- 4 LAN ports
- 2600 Mbps of speed attainable
- Performance not as expected
- No malware protection
Best DD-WRT Router 2020
DD-WRT is a Linux based firmware. It is used in access points and wireless routers. These routers enhance the features and the performance of a usual router. Some of the best DD WRt routers are as follows:
1.ASUS AC1200 Wireless RT-AC56U Gigabit: Best DD-WRT Router Under $100
This router is a dual-band system. The maximum speed is 1167 Mbps. It is equipped with an 800 MHz processor. Also contains 256 MB DDR3 RAM memory and 128 MB flash memory. On the 2.4 GHz band, the speed attainable is 300 Mbps and on the 5 GHz band, the speed is 867 Mbps.
It has 4 LAN ports, one WAN port, the WPS button, the Wifi on/off button and also two USB ports, one is the USB 2.0 and the other is USB 3.0. the ASUS AiCloud app is also included for controlling the router settings. With this app you can stream, share, sync the files easily. Consists of a radar which optimizes the strength of the signal and provides up to 150 percentage of coverage. The ASUSWRT dashboard user interface lets you do a quick setup in 30 seconds. It also allows network monitoring and control. The USB ports let you share files, connect to 3G and 4G modems and printer sharing is also available.
- Two USB ports
- ASUS AiCloud app to control the router
- Easy set up
- No protection against malware
- Internet connectivity not reliable
2. Linksys WRT AC1200 Dual-Band: Best dd-wrt Router for Client Bridge (WRT1200AC)
This is a dual-band system with a great throughput on the 5 GHz band. The dimensions of this router are 2.1 by 9.6 by 7.6 inches. The rear edge of this router contains 4 gigabit Ethernet ports, a WAN port, a USB 3.0 port and a USB 2.0 port. There are also buttons for power, reset and WPS.
The speed is 300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 867 Mbps on the 5 GHz band. The processor is a 1.3 GHz dual-core and also supports 802.11ac wireless network standard. This router can be controlled using iOS and Android mobile applications. IPv4 and IPv6 firewalls can be configured, guest networks can be set up and you can also set up parental controls to limit the internet access of your kids.
There is facility of USB sharing which lets you send files to specific users and you can also configute FTP and functions of media-server.
- Easy to set up and manage
- USB file transferring can be done
- Performance on the 5 GHz band is impressive
- Footprint is large
- Performance is not very good on the 2.4 GHz.
3. ASUS Dual-Band 2×2 AC1300: Best DD-WRT Under $50
This is a dual-band system with AC1300 which implies the highest data transfer speed is 1300 Mbps. It supports 2 x 2 MU-MIMO technology for attaining high speeds. It is equipped with 4 5 dbi antennas that provide greater Wifi range. It also supports multi-device performance.
On the 2.4 GHz band, the maximum speed is 400 Mbps and on the 5 GHz band the speed is 867 Mbps. ASUS Router app helps you to monitor and manage the router network. Router set up is an easy process with the assistance of the ASUSWRT web interface. It is integrated with a USB 3.0 port which allows fast sharing of files. Operates in wireless router mode and also as an access point. There are six LEDs for power, dual bands, WAN, USB and LAN.
It is equipped with a 717 MHz quad core Qualcomm Atheros processor and 128 MB each of RAM and Flash memory.
- Supports MU-MIMO technology
- Affordable price
- Design is attractive
- User interface is simple and easy to use
- Storage performance is avaerage
- Some custom firmwares lack support
4. Asus AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router: Best DD-WRT For Open VPN (RT-AC68U)
This router is known for providing great throughput and coverage. It is a dual-band wifi system with provision wireless connection and it meets the 802.11ac network standard. The router weighs 1.4 pounds and has the dimensions of 6.0 inches height, 8.0 inches width and 6.3 inches depth. The router contains 10 LEDs for showing the status of LAN and WAN ports, the dual bands, power and the USB devices connected.
On the rear panel, there are 4 Gigabit LAN ports and a WAN port along with two USB ports, both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. the USB supports external devices, printers and also 3G or 4G broadband connections.
The router provides link rates up to 600 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band. The setup is easy and can be done using the Quick Start guide. This router has a very stylish management interface. You can access parental controls, QoS, firewall and network security using this interface.
- Great speed and range
- There are advanced features available which makes it suitable for small businesses
- Simple and interactive management interface
- Stand is non-removable
- No automated notifications for new firmware
- Not much different from older models with 802.11ac network standard
5. Linksys WRT AC3200 Open Source: Best DD-WRT For VPN (WRT3200ACM-RM2)
Another dual-band wifi system which provides wireless router mode. This device is equipped with 4 gigabit LAN ports, one gigabit WAN port and one USB port which is used to for file transfer and sharing. One is a USB 3.0 port and the other is a combined eSATA and USB 2.0 port.
The highlight fo this router is the wireless feature. On the 2.4 GHz band, the performance is up to 600 Mbps and on the 5 GHz band, it is as high as 2600 Mbps. It can deliver speeds which are double of the 5 GHz band, and this is made possible with the Tri-Stream 160 technology that this router features. Use of the 160 MHz bandwidth also contributes to these high speeds. The stream can be directed towards wireless devices using the beamforming technology and the MU-MIMO ensures a good connection among all the connected devices.
The router can be fully managed using the Linksys application.
- Hardware is really powerful
- Advanced technologies like Tri-Stream 160, MU-MIMO and beamforming
- USB ports of both type 2.0 and 3.0 for file sharing
- User interface is friendly to use
- Great speed and performance
- You may have to upgrade older devices to make them compatible with this router
Best OpenWRT Router 2020
OpenWRT or open wireless router is an open-source project. It is made for the open-source operating systems like Linux. The main purpose of these routers is to route the traffic on the network in embedded devices. Following are two of the best OpenWRT routers available:
1. Turris Omnia 2 GB open-source & WiFi router: Best Budget OpenWRT
A great Open WRT router by Turris Omnia. This is equipped with a dual-core 1.6 GHz processor. The DDR memory or RAM is as large as 1 GB which makes this product stand out among other OpenWRT routers in the market. It consists of 5 gigabit LAN ports and 1 gigabit WAN port which provides reliable and fast connections. This router is packed with numerous useful features that are loved by the buyers. It provides great Wifi connectivity. Also, the security provided is commendable with this router.
It gets updated regularly and the updates happen automatically. This device works great for the people who need an internet connection for doing activities that are much more than the daily tasks. Also, the buyers looking for strong security can opt for this router. It provides great coverage. Both firmware and hardware are open source and powerful. If you are not very familiar with routers or setting up process, then the configuration if this router should be done with someone who is tech-savvy.
- 5 LAN ports
- Simple to use
- Highly secured network
- Does not include the MU-MIMO technology
- Should be handled with lots of care
- Not suitable for people who need internet for basic tasks
2. Linksys WRT AC1900: Best OpenWRT Router (WRT1900ACS)
This is a dual-band OpenWRT router. It provides a speedy performance of the Wifi and over long ranges. The transfer speed is efficient for external devices with this router. This has a 1.6 GHz dual-core processor and it also contains 512 DDR3 memory.
It comes with OpenVPN. This feature is useful as it provides protection when the router is accessed remotely. There is a setting for customizing the wifi to a mixed-mode. The channel width can be selected by the user instead of using auto select. It also lets you drag and drop clients on the priority lists. There are a series of LEDs to show the status of the router. It comes with a single WAN port, 4 gigabit LAN ports. There are two USB ports, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 where USB 2.0 can also be used as eSATA port.
There are great parental controls which lets you keep a watch on what your kid accesses on the internet. The mobile app lets you manage the router remotely. The dual bands are 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The RAM is 256 MB and the flash memory is 128 MB.
- Fastest router
- Speedy transfer of files
- Long-range performance is good
- Two USB ports
- Controls in firmware are very limited
- Performance over 2.4 GHz band is not very good
Best Dual-band Routers 2020
Dual-band routers are ones that support two bandwidths. Other than supporting the 2.4 GHz wireless N-standard, dual-band routers support 5 GHz band. The two bands together can provide data transfer speeds up to 2167 Mbps or more than that. There are many dual-band routers available and choosing the best may be tough. So here is a list of the best dual-band routers you can buy:
1. D-Link WiFi Router AC1200: Best Dual Band Router For Home With parental Control
This router provides great coverage and a fast Wifi in the entire home. It is integrated with MU-MIMO technology which enhances the data transfer speeds. The total speed achievable on this router is 1200 Mbps. On the 2.4 GHz band, the speed is 300 Mbps and on the 5 GHz band, the speed is 867 Mbps. It also includes an intelligent Quality of Service (QoS). This is equipped with traffic priority.
There are 4 high powered internal antennas on the router which is the region behind the high coverage this router provides. It has an user interface which makes configuration easy. The router is easy to use and has a great performance. Consists of LAN and WAN ports.
- It is cost effective
- Great performance
- Dual band wifi
- There are numerous management configurations
- Antennas are not detachable
- Lacks USB ports
2. GRYPHON Guardian: Best Dual Band Router For Home
This router is easy to install and use. Just like other mesh wifi systems, it provides seamless wireless coverage. The coverage provided by the router is up to 1800 sq ft. On this dual ban wifi system, the maximum attainable speed is 1200 Mbps. It is equipped with quad-core processor, 512 MB RAM and 4 GB flash memory. It contains 2 x 2 MU-MIMO technology and antenna beamforming, which allows fast and easy transfer of files, stream media contents and play games.
The best part of this router is the security it provides. There is 24/7 security even when the router is not in use. There are regular updates of security which helps to protect from threats. ESET technology enables intelligent intrusion detection and malware filtering. Another great feature is the parental control which can be managed using the mobile app. The feature is free for the first three months. It lets you view the browsing history, filter the content, limit the screen time, set schedules for the kids and even suspend the internet whenever you want.
- Great throughput performance
- Parental controls are excellent
- Highly secured
- The app is user friendly
- There is no wired backhaul
3. TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Router – Best Dual Band Under $100(Archer A5)
The Archer A5 router by TP-Link supports the 802.11 ac wireless network standard. Dual bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are available. The speed on the 2.4 GHz is 300 Mbps and on the 5 GHz it is 87 Mbps. It comes with four external antennas. These antennas do a good job in providing a stable Wifi connection and coverage which is optimal.
Using the TP-Link tether you can easily manage the network. The router supports access point mode which can be used to create a new Wifi access point. With this router, you can achieve seamless streaming of media in high quality and can also play games online. Allows guest access on the network and there is easy authentication of guest via Facebook. There are parental controls that are easy to use. Overall the router is easy to install and use.
- Dual bands with speeds of 300 Mbps and 867 Mbps
- Beamforming technology to ensure better connectivity
- Parental controls are good
- Connected devices should support 5 GHz to achieve high speeds
- No malware protection
4. Netgear Nighthawk AC2100: Best Dual Band Router For Gaming And Streaming
With this router by Netgear, you will experience a great speed of the Wifi connection. Gaming, video streaming and surfing becomes great with this lag-free wifi connection. Coverage is great and is enough to cover every corner of the house without the signal weakening.
The dual bands work simultaneously and can reduce the interference for better connections. The router comes with advanced QoS. There is both upstream and downstream QoS which can recognize and prioritize the streaming and gaming activities automatically.
The router can be personalized based on your needs. It is easy to install and use. It is also equipped with Gigabit ports for faster wired connections and there is one USB port that lets you transfer files to external devices.
- Great speeds achievable
- Gigabit ports for wired connections
- Powered antennas for high coverage
- Security is not very good
- Antennas not detachable
5. Cudy AC1200 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router: Best Budget
Another one of the best dual-band routers with a maximum attainable speed of 1200 Mbps. 300 Mbps can be achieved on the 2.4 GHz band and on the 5 GHz band the maximum speed is 867 Mbps. There are two external antennas that improve the sensitivity of the router. It also ensures the distant devices are connected to the Wifi and it penetrates through thick walls too.
Gaming and 4K streaming can be done seamlessly on the 5 GHz band and normal browsing activities work fine on the 2 GHz band. The router can also work as a range extender. The router’s firewall provides security against threats. Protects the privacy of the data on the network very well. Also, there are great parental controls that helps you monitor and restrict the internet activities of the children. There are two LAN ports and one WAN port for wired connections.
- External antennas for greater coverage
- Dual bands
- Seamless online gaming and media streaming
- Signal can penetrate through thick walls
- No USB port
- Performance on 2.4 GHz is not very good
MOTOROLA AC1700: Best Dual Band Router For Xfinity
This is a powerful router with great coverage. There are 6 external and adjustable antennas on this router.4 out of these 6 are for the 2.4 GHz frequency band and the remaining two are for the 5 GHz frequency band. Multiple devices can be connected through wires using the 4-gigabit Ethernet LAN ports on this device. The highlight is the speed attainable which is 1700 Mbps, 800 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 867 on 5 GHz.
It is equipped with a powerful dual-core processor. Other key features are parental control and guest access which are easy to setup. The product comes with a detailed user manual which makes installation and set up easy for the user. It also uses the latest 802.11 ac network standard but is also compatible with the older standards.
- QoS feature to manage multiple connected devices
- Warranty of 2 years
- User manual
- Range and coverage is good on 2.4 GHz band
- 6 antennas
- No USB ports
- Coverage not very good on 5 GHz
Best Wireless Router Buying Guide 2020
When you are buying a new home network or upgrading an existing one, the way you do it can make all the difference. Here are some things you should keep in mind before buying a new router:
Lifespan Of The Router:
Networking hardware is not liable to last forever- the standards change pretty often, and the hardware is put under a lot of pressure since multiple people use it daily. If you live in a household that employs a large number of devices, your router will likely begin to work much slower than it used to when you originally bought it.
Price Of The Router:
A router can go from a mere $15 to an easy $1000- all depending on the features it employs. While a router in the mid-range can be much more affordable for a larger or middle-sized household- you could be compromising on the speed. For the most part, an average daily user should not go above $150, unless you’re specifically looking for a faster router.
Range Of The Router:
If you and your family reside in a large house with many rooms and more than one floor, you are more likely to need a router with long-range and strong data. On the contrary, if you live in a small apartment, the distance won’t play such a big role, but you should still go for a midrange throughput for a comfortable network system.
Other Important Considerations
Frequency of House Guests:
There are different routers available in the market to meet different requirements of the customers, be it gaming or business. All these routers have their own special features. While buying a router you need to identify your needs very well and accordingly choose the router which has all the desired features. Make sure the amount you pay is worth the features of the router. Hopefully, the reviews above will help you make a wise choice.
Leave a Comment