The Hitron router’s settings dashboard is the control panel of your router, where you can easily control all of your settings. In order to make changes to your Hitron router, you need to log in to it. In this article, we will discuss how to login to a Hitron router along with some essential security measures.
- 1 How to login to a Hitron router?
- 1.1 How to change the default password for Hitron router?
- 1.2 How can I change the default network name for my Hitron router?
- 1.3 How to reset a Hitron router?
- 1.4 FAQ
How to login to a Hitron router?
Logging in to a Hitron router is an easy and simple procedure. But, before we begin let’s have a look at the requirements which are necessary to login to a Hitron router. All you need is:
- A Hitron router
- Access to your router’s wireless network. This can be done by using an ethernet cable or by merely using a WiFi connection.
- A web browser.
Now follow the steps below in order to log in to your Hitron router.
- Step – 1: First of all, make sure that your device is connected to your Hitron router.
To be able to login to your Hitron router’s settings dashboard you have to connect your device to your router.
Let’s start by connecting the device to the network.
- Step – 2: Open your web browser and left-click on the address bar. Here, type the default IP address for your Hitron router. The default IP address for the Hitron router is 192.168.0.1.
If this default gateway is not working for you then you can search for the default IP address list of your router on the internet just by entering the model number for your router.
- Step – 3: Now, you will be redirected towards a default login page, here you have to enter the default login credentials for your Hitron router. If you are unfamiliar with the username and password then you can use the default login credentials. The default username and password for Hitron router are as follows:
If these do not work for you then you can search for the default username and password on your router. Usually, they are printed on a sticker.
How to change the default password for Hitron router?
After logging in to your Hitron router, the next step is to make your router more safe and secure. This can be performed by changing the default password (network key) for your Hitron router. Follow the steps below in order to change the default security key for your Hitron router.
- Step – 1: First of all, login to your Hitron router by following the above-mentioned steps.
- Step – 2: Search for the tools option. You will see it in the menu bar at the top.
- Step – 3: Now look for the password option located on the left side of the menu bar.
- Step – 4: Enter the new password and click on the Save button to apply the changes.
Make sure to test the changes by connecting your device to your wireless network.
How can I change the default network name for my Hitron router?
Changing the default network name of your router is one of the most effective security steps that you must perform. If you don’t do that then it is easy for everyone to guess the information of your router.
Follow the steps below in order to change the default network name (SSID) of your Hitron router.
- Step – 1: Login to your wireless router and after getting access to your settings dashboard then look for the Wireless option. It is usually located on the top of the Settings homepage.
- Step – 2: Search for the network option (usually located n the left side of the home page). You will find an option there known as the ‘Network Name (SSID)’.
- Step – 3: Enter the name that you want to apply on your network.
- Step – 4: Now, press the apply button to save the changes.
How to reset a Hitron router?
In case, if you accidentally make some changes that break your Hitron router’s home network then you can anytime revert back to the default factory settings by following the 30 30 30 hard reset generic trick. Follow the steps below in order to do so.
Step – 1: Find the reset button on your router (mostly located on the backside).
Step – 2: Press and hold the reset button for almost 10 – 15 seconds by using a paper clip or a pen.
Step – 3: Release the button when the LED light on your router starts blinking.
Once the router has successfully restarted then the LED light will stop blinking which means that your router is successfully reset.
Also Check: Best OPENWRT Routers of the year
This is usually the last option left for you. If you still have access to the Hitron interface then you can always login back in order to try and revert back the settings to default.
Similar Routers Login:
- Ubee Router Login [Reset, Password, IP]
- Cox Router Login [Settings, Reset, Default IP]
- Technicolor Router [Login, Setup, Reset]
- TP-Link Router [Login, Setup, IP]
What is the default password for the Hitron router?
The default username and password for the Hitron router are as follows:
How can I modify the login credentials for the Hitron router?
First of all, open your web browser. Left-click on the address bar. Type 192.168.0.1 there. Enter the username and password. In the settings, dashboard click on wireless settings. After that follow the on-screen instructions in order to modify the wifi username (SSID) or password (network key).
The WPS button is a wireless network security standard that is used to develop connections between a router and wireless devices faster and easier. WPS only works for WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal security protocols. WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup.
The WiFi protected Setup button will simplify the connection process. But, if you press the WPS button on your router to search for the arrival of new devices after that head towards your device and then select network that you want to attach to. The device is connected to the wireless network automatically without entering the network password.
Where is the WPS button on the router?
The WPS button is usually present on the front or back panel of your router. Some Wireless routers may not have a WPS feature.
This was all about the Hitron router. If you think that I have missed something then do let me know in the comments section.