Buffalo router is manufactured by Buffalo Inc. The company is well-known for manufacturing high-quality routers. Buffalo router is considered to be one of the best routers to use for high-speed and lag-free gaming. You can also modify your router’s settings such as setting up the parent controls.
In order to set up the parental controls for your Buffalo router, you need to get access to the control panel of your router. In this article, we will discuss how to login to a Buffalo router without facing any error. Also, you will learn about modifying your router’s settings and much more. So, let’s start the process.
How to login to a Buffalo Router?
Logging in to the control panel of your Buffalo router is a straightforward process. All you need is:
- A Buffalo Router
- Access to the network of your Buffalo router.
- A website browser
During the login process, you will need some information such as the IP address, username, and password for your Buffalo router. If you don’t have any idea about all these then use the following:
IP address: 192.168.11.1
Now follow the step by step guide below in order to get access to the control panel of your Buffalo router.
- Step – 1: Check if your Buffalo router is turned on.
- Step – 2: Establish a connection between your device and your Buffalo router. This task can be done by using a wireless or a wired connection (by using an ethernet cable). While establishing a connection during the login process, a wired connection is highly recommended.
- Step – 3: Open your web browser and in the address bar type the default IP address (192.168.11.1) for your Buffalo router. After typing the IP address, press the enter key.
- Step – 4: Within a few seconds you will be redirected to the default login page for your Buffalo router. Here you need to enter the default username (admin/root) and password (password) for your Buffalo router in the required fields.
- Step – 5: After entering the default username and password, click on the login button.
Now, you will be redirected to the control panel of your Buffalo router. Here you can make necessary changes to your router’s default network.
How to change the default SSID for Buffalo router?
You can change the default network name (SSID) and password of your Buffalo router by accessing the settings dashboard of your Buffalo router. Follow the step by step guide below to do so.
- Step – 1: Connect your PC to your router and then power on both of the devices.
- Step – 2: Now, open your web browser and in the address bar type the IP address of your Buffalo Router and then log in to the settings.
- Step – 3: Search for the wireless option.
- Step – 4: Now, enter the new SSID for your router in the required fields and after that select the Apply button. In order to change the password look for the required fields and after that follow the on-screen instructions. The steps for changing the username and password for Buffalo router are identical.
- Step – 5: When you have finished configuring your settings then log out of your Settings dashboard and close your web browser.
How to set up a Buffalo Router?
Are you facing problems while setting up your Buffalo router? If yes then there is no need to get worried. While setting up the router everyone encounters issues that can be fixed easily if you do all the things in the right manner. Below is a guide that will help you to set up your Buffalo router. If you follow it then you will surely face no error.
Follow the steps below to set up your Buffalo router (AirStation). Before we begin make sure to connect your Buffalo router with your PC (or any other device).
- Step – 1: Log in to the control panel of your Buffalo router.
- Step – 2: After reaching the Settings dashboard click on the Advanced Settings.
- Step – 3: In the advanced settings, look for the Security tab and after that click on the Access Control.
- Step – 4: Now, enable the Access Control and click on the add button.
- Step – 5: In the Target Computer field, enter the MAC address of the device whose internet access you want to limit.
- Step – 6: After that scroll down towards the Register section and select Internet access or No internet access.
- Step – 7: Now set the start time, end time and days for the computer’s permitted access.
- Step – 8: Now, click on the Edit Permitted Time in order to save the settings.
- Step – 9: After saving the settings you will return to the access page of your router’s control panel. Click the Apply button located at the bottom.
- Step – 10: When you have finished then log out of your settings dashboard and close the tab.
How to Reset a Buffalo Router?
Below are some steps that will help you to perform a hard reset on your Buffalo router. If you have forgotten your router’s sensitive information then the only way to make things normal is to perform a hard reset. Remember that after performing a hard reset all the previously made configurations will be lost.
Follow the steps below to perform a hard reset on your Buffalo router.
- Step – 1: Press and hold the reset button of your router for 35 to 40 seconds. The reset button is located on the backside of your buffalo router.
- Step – 2: Still holding the reset button, power off your Buffalo router.
- Step – 3: After a couple of seconds reconnect your router and turn it on.
- Step – 4: Again, press the reset button for at least 30 seconds.
- Step – 5: Now, release the reset button and wait until 2 to 3 minutes in order to make your Buffalo router start in a fresh mode.
This is how you can hard reset your Buffalo router.
- Google Fiber Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Apple Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Comtrend router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Cox Panoramic router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
What is Buffalo Airstation?
Buffalo Airstation is the name given to the wireless LAN equipment provided by Buffalo Technology.
What is meant by AOSS?
AOSS (AirStation One-Touch Secure System) is a system offered by Buffalo Technology. It provides you with a secure wireless connection that is set up with the push of a button.