Apple router is famous for the fast internet speed they deliver and the best networking performance. Apple Airport Extreme is a famous router model provided by the company. Apple routers use the OS X version which is compatible with the latest technology devices. Whenever you buy an Apple router it comes with the default settings which can be altered easily by logging in to the web interface of your Apple Router.
The web interface for the Apple router is the control panel of your router where all the information regarding your router is stored. This is the place where you can make changes to your Apple router. In order to make necessary changes to your Apple router, you need to get access to the control panel of your router. In this post, I have written a step-by-step guide which will help you to log in to your Apple Router
How to login to an Apple Router?
While going through the login process you will need the following:
- An Apple Router
- A good internet connection with your router’s network.
- A web browser
Also, note down the defaults for Apple router before starting the login process:
Default IP: 10.0.1.1
Default Username: (None)
Default Password: public
Now, follow the steps below to login to your Apple router:
- Step – 1: First of all connect your device with your router by using a wireless or a wired connection.
- Step – 2: Open your web browser and in the address bar type the default IP address (10.0.1.1) for Apple router. After typing, hit the enter button.
- Step – 3: Now, you will be prompted to the login page of your Apple router where you will be asked to enter the default username and password for your router. The Apple router does not use a default username but you can enter ‘public’ as the default password.
- Step – 4: After entering the default login details press the sign-in button and proceed.
Now you will be redirected to the settings dashboard of your Apple router where you can make necessary changes to your router’s network.
If you are still stuck at the login page then try searching for the default login credentials for your Apple router in the manual or simply enter your query in the search engine. After finding the relevant username and password, you will get access to the settings dashboard. If the problem still continues then do let me know in the comments section.
How to set up an Apple router?
Setting up your Apple router for the first time may cause several problems. If you are facing any hurdle while setting up your router then you can follow the setup guide to avoid all the problems. In this section, I have mentioned a detailed guide on setting up your Apple router. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Step – 1: First of all plug in your router into a power outlet.
- Step – 2: Now, connect your modem to your router by using an ethernet cable.
- Step – 3: On your Mac, launch the Airport Utility.
- Step – 4: Click on the Other Wifi Devices option located on the upper right corner.
- Step – 5: The other options include setting up your router. Select the ‘Create a new network‘ option.
- Step – 6: Now click on the Next button.
- Step – 7: Enter a network and a Base Station name in the required fields.
- Step – 8: Now enter your password. You can choose to have one password for your wifi and your router as well but it is recommended to have a separate password for additional security.
- Step – 9: Now click on the Next button.
- Step – 10: If you want to add a guest network then on this page you can add it as well. Otherwise, if you don’t want to do so then click on the Done button to finish the setup process.
This is how you can set up your Apple router without any problem.
How to reset an Apple router?
If you have forgotten the username or password of your Apple router then you don’t need to get worried about it because you can reset your Apple router to its default settings by performing a factory reset.
Follow the steps below in order to reset an Apple router:
- Step – 1: Make sure that your Apple router is turned on.
- Step – 2: Now, locate the reset button on your Apple router.
- Step – 3: Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- Step – 4: While still holding the recent button unplug the power button of the router and again hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Step – 5: While holding the recent button turn on the power button again and wait until a minute.
Your Apple router will be reset to the factory version now.
Apple Router Default Username & Password: How to change?
In order to make your Apple router secure it is necessary to change the default login details of your Apple router. Follow the step by step guide mentioned below to reset your Apple Router.
- Step – 1: First of all go to the Applications and then head towards the Airport Utility.
- Step – 2: Now you will see your system screen on your device. Search for the Edit button and click on it.
- Step – 3: Now tap on the wireless option. After that inspect all the WiFi settings you have made previously.
- Step – 4: In this step click on the Wireless password box and enter your new password in it.
- Step – 5: Also, make sure to confirm the password. Here you can also change your default SSID.
- Step – 6: When you have finished changing the wireless settings then click on the update button to save the settings accordingly.
Apple Router Port Forwarding
The below guide will assist you on how to forward ports on your Apple Router.
- Firstly, give a new static IP to your device.
- Log in to your Apple router through a web browser using its default gateway 10.0.1.1.
- In the login section, leave the username field blank, and in the password field, type the default password of the Apple router (public).
- Click on the Port Mapping link.
- Click on Add.
- In both the Public and Private boxes, type the same port number.
- In the Private Address, type your device IP address.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- Click on Update.
- Comtrend router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Cox Panoramic router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Optimum router [Login, Reset, Setup, Defaults]
- Zyxel router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
Q1. Does Apple make routers?
A1. The company a few months ago officially announced that it will no longer make routers.
Q2. What is Apple router IP?
A2. The default IP address for Apple router is 10.0.1.1.
Q3. How can I find my Apple Airport IP address?
A3. Type ‘ipconfig‘ in command prompt while using Microsoft Windows and while using the Mac OS X type ‘router’. The IP address will be listed under the gateways.
Q4. What is the range of an Apple router?
A4. The range of an Apple router varies depending on the model and the environment it is used in. However, most Apple routers have a range of up to 150 feet indoors and up to 300 feet outdoors.
Q5. Can I use an Apple router with a modem from my internet service provider?
A5. Yes, you can use an Apple router with a modem from your internet service provider. Simply connect the modem to the WAN port on the back of the router using an Ethernet cable, and then configure the router using the AirPort Utility app.
If you have any questions or queries then do let me know in the comments section.