Google Fiber is one of the best routers which provide fast network, month-to-month contracts, high-speed lag-free internet in affordable prices. Google Fiber router is the best one for personal use or for usage at home.
When buying a brand new Google Fiber router you will need some help while logging in to your router’s control panel to make some changes to its settings. So, if you are looking for help while logging in to your Google Fiber router or while setting it up then you are at the right place. In this article, we will discuss how to login to a Google Fiber router. Also, you can get help while setting up your router.
- 1 How to login to a Google Fiber Router?
- 2 FAQs
How to login to a Google Fiber Router?
Before we start the login process take a look at the following defaults for Google Fiber Router:
Default Username: root
Default Password: google
Now, let’s start the login process:
- Step – 1: First of all, open your browser and go to fiber.google.com.
- Step – 2: On the top right corner you will see a sign-in button. Click on the sign-in button.
- Step – 3: Now, choose an account window, will be displayed on your screen. Here click on the email address that you have used while creating your Fiber account and click on the Next button.
- Step – 4: Enter the password for your email address and proceed.
- Step – 5: Now you will be redirected to the home page again but this time, instead of the sign-in button, the name used in the email will be displayed there.
Google Fiber Router Default Username & Password: How to Change?
You can enhance the security of your Google Fiber router by changing the default network name or password of your router. But once the change is made you need to connect all the wireless devices to your Google Fiber router again.
To change the default network name for Google Fiber router follow the steps below:
- Step – 1: Open your web browser and go to https://fiber.google.com/. Here login to your Fiber account.
- Step – 2: After logging in to the control panel of your Fiber router, click on the top navigation menu and select the Network option from there.
- Step – 3: Now, change the default network name (SSID) for your wireless network in the SSID field.
Make sure to type a network name that matches the following requirements:
- It must be 8 to 32 characters long.
- Don’t use space or any other special characters (such as @,#,&,*)
- Step – 4: To change the password, enter your new password in the required fields.
- Step – 5: Click on the Apply button to save the settings.
Make sure to test the changes you have made to the wireless network of your Fiber router.
How to reset or reboot a Google Fiber router?
If you are facing internet problems such as slow speed or if your device is showing no connection even if it is connected to the router’s wireless network then you should restart/reboot your router. This is the quick troubleshooting step that is able to fix small issues.
Follow the steps below to restart your Google Fiber router:
- Step – 1: First of all, unplug the power cord of your Google Fiber router.
- Step – 2: Now, wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Step – 3: Plug in the power cord back into your Google Fiber router.
- Step – 4: Wait for 2 to 3 minutes until the LED lights of your Google Fiber Router turn into solid blue.
But if you are facing any kind of serious issues with your router then resetting your fiber router to its defaults may solve this problem. The following are a few methods that will help you to reset your Google Fiber router.
How to set up a Google Fiber router?
You can easily set up your Google Fiber router by logging in to your Google Fiber account. To make the whole process compatible, I have given a step by step guide that will help you to set up your Google Fiber Router, follow the steps below:
- Step – 1: On your device (it could be a mobile phone or a computer), check the list of available networks.
The default network name for Google Fiber Router is GFiberSetup, which further configured by your street address or your apartment number.
- Step – 2: Select your Wifi network name from the list of networks available.
- Step – 3: Open your web browser and you will be automatically prompted to the welcome screen of your Fiber router.
- Step – 4: Now follow the on-screen instructions to perform the remaining part of the Google Fiber router Set up.
- Apple Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Comtrend router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Cox Panoramic router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Optimum router [Login, Reset, Setup, Defaults]
How much it costs to install Google Fiber?
Google Fiber offers its new customers a monthly rate of $50 for a 100 megabit speed per second service. For a one time installation, you need to pay $300 for 5 megabit speed per second.
How do I pay my Google Fiber bill?
You can pay your Google Fiber bill by installing the Fiber app. Go to the play store and download the Fiber app after that open the app when the installation is finished. Select the menu > account, your due amount will be displayed, select manage your bill > pay early. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
How can I update a payment method?
To update the payment method, open the play store app. Tap on the side menu and select the payment methods. To add another payment option, go to more payment settings. You will be redirected to the settings page. Here, click on the Edit button. Add the payment method from the options available and then click on the Update button.
Does Google Fiber contain a firewall?
Yes, the network box with Google Fiber router contains a built-in gigabit firewall which is for the purpose of protection from several online intrusions.
How can I improve the Google Fiber WiFi?
In order to enhance the Google Fiber WiFi, it is recommended to position your Google Fiber router near the center of your home to get maximum coverage. Try to keep your router off the floor and out of closets and cabinets. This will surely enhance the WiFi speed of your Google Fiber Router.