If you get access to the control panel of your Comtrend router then you can easily change its default username and password, also you can modify other settings, as per your wish. Getting access to the control panel of a Comtrend router is an easy process but sometimes it is a bit problem causing as well. In this article, I have written a step by step guide that will explain important steps to log in, setup and reset a Comtrend router.
- 1 How to login to a Comtrend router?
- 2 How to Reset a Comtrend Router?
- 3 FAQs
How to login to a Comtrend router?
First of all, if you want to login to your Comtrend router then you must need to fulfill the requirements mentioned below:
- A Comtrend router
- A good internet connection with your router. This can be done by using a wireless connection or a wired connection (Ethernet Cable).
- A website browser.
Now follow the steps mentioned below in order to login to a Comtrend router.
- Step – 1: First of all, connect your device to your Comtrend router by using a wireless or wired connection. You can use an ethernet cable to establish a wired connection.
- Step – 2: Open your web browser and type the default IP address of your Comtrend router in the address bar. The default IP address is 192.168.1.1.
- Step – 3: Now, you will be redirected to the login page of your Comtrend router where you will be asked to enter the default username and password for your Comtrend router. In case if you are unfamiliar with the default username and password of the Comtrend router then you can use the following login credentials.
- Step – 4: After entering the default username and password click on the sign-in button and proceed. After a couple of seconds, you will be prompted towards the settings dashboard of your Comtrend router.
How to Reset a Comtrend Router?
If you are facing some sort of problem with your router, or you have misplaced the login details then you can reset your router back to the factory settings. There are three methods to reset a Comtrend router:
- By using the admin interface of your Comtrend router.
- By performing a 30 30 30 hard reset.
1. By using the admin interface:
If you want to reset your router by using the admin interface then follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below:
- Step – 1: Open your web browser and log in to the settings dashboard of your Comtrend router.
- Step – 2: After successfully logging in to your router, head towards the reset page of your Comtrend router.
- Step – 3: Now go to Settings > Administration > Factory Reset.
- Step – 4: Click on the Factory Reset option and confirm the reset.
- Step – 5: After a few minutes your router will be reset.
2. Performing a 30 30 30 hard reset
If you perform a 30 30 30 hard reset than make sure to write all the previously made configurations somewhere because after the hard reset is done, all the modifications which you have made for your Comtrend router will be gone. Follow the steps below in order to perform a 30 30 30 hard reset.
- Step – 1: First of all, check if your router is powered on.
- Step – 2: After that locate the reset button on your Comtrend router. In most cases, the reset button is located on the backside of the router.
- Step – 3:Press and hold the reset button for over 10 to 15 seconds. You can use a pen or a paper clip for this purpose.
- Step – 4: Release the button when the LED lights of your Comtrend router start blinking.
- Step – 5: Wait for a few minutes until your router reboots itself.
How to set up a Comtrend router?
Setting up your Comtrend router is an easy process but most of the users face several kinds of issues while setting up the Comtrend router for the very first time. If you are facing errors while setting up your Comtrend router for the first time then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step – 1: First of all connect your router to your computer by using an RJ-45 Ethernet cable.
- Step – 2: Now, connect the router to the setup box. Use an RJ-45 Ethernet cable for this purpose.
- Step – 3: Now connect the router to the power supply and make sure that the AC adapters are connected.
- Step – 4: After all the connections are made then press the On/Off button inwards and wait until 10 minutes in front to sync until the router reboots.
Comtrend Router Default Username & Password: How to Change?
Changing the default login details of your router is very helpful. Because, if you update the default username and password for your Comtrend router then no one can access the settings panel of your router. In order to change the default username and password for Comtrend router follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step – 1: Open your web browser and log in to your Comtrend router.
- Step – 2: After logging in to your Comtrend router then click on the Advanced Setup option located on the left side.
- Step – 3: Now, click on the WAN Service link.
- Step – 4: After that click on the Edit button and then change the PPP Username field to the SEI Data provided and then change the PPP Username’s corresponding password and then click on Next.
- Step – 5: Now, click on the Save button.
- Cox Panoramic router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Optimum router [Login, Reset, Setup, Defaults]
- Zyxel router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Trendnet Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
How do I turn on WPS on my Comtrend router?
In order to turn on the WPS button, you need to press and hold the ON/OFF/WPS button located on the front panel or click Start PBC at wireless LAN > WPS if the router is not reachable physically.
Also Check: Best Router for home Office
How can I find the default password of my router?
You can search for the default username and password for your router on the router’s manual. Also, you can search for the default login credentials across the internet simply by typing your query along with your router’s model in the search engine. Nowadays, the default login details are printed on a sticker which is later on attached to the router.
What is the default IP address for the Comtrend router?
When should you replace your router?
It is recommended to upgrade your router after three to four years.