The Archer router comes up with a Gigabit Wifi and outstanding network speed of 100 Mbps. The TP-Link archer router is composed of the latest router technologies. If you are using an Archer router then you can experience high-speed gaming and live streaming experiences.
In order to avail the other exciting features of your Archer router then you need to configure your router manually. For the router configuration process, it is important to get access to the settings dashboard of your router.
In this article, we will discuss how you can log in to the admin panel of your Archer router. Also, you will learn about the configuration settings of your Archer router, and router setup as well. So, let’s start.
How to login to an Archer Router?
The admin panel of your Archer router is the web interface where all the settings of your router are stored. So, in order to modify your router, you need to get access to its admin panel. For this purpose, all you need is:
- An Archer router
- Access to the WiFi network of your Archer router
- A website browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc)
Now, follow the steps mentioned below in order to start the login process.
- Step – 1: Firstly, connect your device to your Archer router by using a wireless connection or an Ethernet cable. The connection through an Ethernet cable is much preferred during the login processes.
- Step – 2: Now, start your device and open your website browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc).
- Step – 3: Enter the default IP address for your Archer router in the address bar of your Archer router. The default IP address for your Archer router is 192.168.0.1. After entering the IP address, hit the enter key.
- Step – 4: After that, you will see a login page on the screen of your device. Here, you need to enter the default username and password for your Archer router. The default username and password for Archer router are mentioned below:
Default Username: admin
Default Password: admin
- Step – 5: Now, click on the sign-in button. After a few seconds, you will be prompted to the default settings page of your Archer router where you can easily configure your Archer router.
How to set up an Archer router?
If you want to use your router’s WiFi network then you need to set up your router first. Setting up an Archer router is a difficult process. You may face several issues during the setup process. If you are stuck somewhere in the set up of your Archer router then this guide will help you for sure.
When you buy a new Archer router, the company sends an agent with you officially whose main aim is to help you out with the set up process. But, it does not happen in all cases. Whatever the situation is, you can easily set up your Archer router by yourself.
In this section, I have compiled a step by step guide, which will help you in the set up process of your Archer router. So, if you want to make the process error-free and easy then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step – 1: Connect your router to your modem by using an Ethernet (LAN) cable.
- Step – 2: Connect your modem to the power cord and then plug it in the wall outlet.
- Step – 3: Now, connect your device to your Archer router again by using a LAN cable. Plugin one end of the LAN cable into your router and the other end into your device.
- Step – 4: Start your device and open your web browser. Enter the default IP address for your Archer router in the address bar.
- Step – 5: Enter the default username and password for your Archer router in the login page and click on the sign-in button.
- Step – 6: In the settings homepage, click on the Advanced option and then select the Operation mode from there. In the operation mode select Access Point and click on the Save button.
- Step – 7: Now, go back to the homepage and run the basic setup.
- Step – 8: Configure your router’s settings in the basic setup.
- Step – 9: Click on the Apply button to save the settings.
That was all about setting up your Archer router. If you are facing problems in the set up process then drop down your query in the comments box.
Change the Default Username and Password for Archer Router?
If you want to make your Archer router more secure and safe then changing the default username and password for Archer router is the best option for you. If you change the default username and password for your Archer router then no one can get access to the WiFi network of your router except you.
If you do not change the default username and password then you can’t make your router safe against the attack of invaders. Anyone can get access to the WiFi network of your Archer router just by entering the default login details.
To get rid of future problems, follow the steps below:
- Step – 1: First of all login to the settings dashboard of your Archer router by following the login guide which I have mentioned above.
- Step – 2: After getting access to the settings dashboard, search for the settings option on the homepage and click on it.
- Step – 3: In the settings page, you will see an option named as ‘Wireless’, click on it.
- Step – 4: In the wireless option, search for the wireless settings and click on it.
- Step – 5: A new page will be displayed, here you can easily configure your SSID (network name) and password (network key) for your Archer router. Configure the login credentials for your Archer router here.
- Step – 6: When done, click on the apply button to save the settings you have just made.
After changing the default login credentials make sure to test them on your devices.
- WD Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Engenius Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Router Limits [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- TDS Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
How to Reset an Archer Router?
You can perform a hard reset on your Archer router anytime if in case you have forgotten the login credentials of your router or if you are facing some serious issues with your Archer router.
Resetting an Archer router will wipe out all the previously made configurations and you have to start from zero again. Follow the steps below to perform a hard reset on your Archer router.
- Step – 1: First of all, make sure that your router is turned on.
- Step – 2: Now, in the next step, locate the reset button on your Archer router. Usually, the reset button is located on the backside of an Archer router. You can look for it there.
- Step – 3: After locating the reset button press and hold it for over 30 to 35 seconds. You can use the sharp edge of a paper clip or a pen for this purpose.
- Step – 4: Wait until the LED lights of your Archer router start blinking and then turn into a solid colour.
- Step – 5: Now, release the reset button when your Archer router reboots.
Once your router is reboot then it means that the reset process is completed successfully.
Archer Router Port Forwarding
If you have an Archer router and want to forward ports on to for your devices, the below guide will help you with that.
- First of all, type a static IP to your device you are forwarding ports to.
- Use the default gateway of Archer router to access its settings panel through a web browser. The default gateway of the Archer router is 192.168.1.1.
- Enter the Archer router’s default credentials to log in to it. The default credentials for the Archer router is;
Default username: admin
Default password: admin
- Now click on the NAT option.
- Click on the Virtual Servers option.
- Now click on the Add New option.
- Enter the port number in the Service Port.
- Now in the IP Address box, type the IP address of the device you are forwarding ports to.
- Select the protocol type from the Protocol box.
- From the Status dropdown list, click on the Enabled option.
- Click on the Save option to apply the settings.