The Engenius router is a dual-band whole-home mesh router which provides its customers with a WiFi System that is extremely fast, reliable, and secure as well. The Engenius router provides whole-home wireless connectivity that eliminates all the dead spots within a simple solution. If you are using an Engenius router then you can achieve the wall to wall wireless coverage that will ultimately minimize the dead network spots in your house.
The Engenius router comes up with many exciting features. If you want to avail them all then it is necessary to login to the settings dashboard of your Engenius router. In this article, we will discuss how you can log in to the settings dashboard of your Engenius router. Also, you will get a detailed guide regarding your router’s set up and modification procedures. So let’s start.
How to login to an Engenius router?
The settings dashboard of an Engenius router is the web interface where all the necessary data regarding your Engenius router is stored. All the important configurations are stored there as well. So, if you want to make changes to the settings of your Engenius router then it is important to get access to your router’s settings dashboard first.
The login process is quite easy and straightforward. All you need is:
- An Engenius router.
- Access to the network connection of your Engenius router either by a wired connection or a wireless connection.
- A website browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc)
After fulfilling all the above-mentioned requirements, follow the steps below to login to the settings dashboard of your Engenius router.
- Step – 1: First of all connect your device with your Engenius router. You can perform this task by using a wired or a wireless connection. A wired connection is much preferred during the login processes as there are no chances left for network disturbance. You can establish a wired connection easily by using an Ethernet cable.
- Step – 2: Start your device and open your web browser. In the address bar, you need to type the default IP address for your Engenius router. The default IP address for Engenius router is 192.168.0.1. After entering the default IP address press the enter key and proceed.
- Step – 3: Now, a login screen will be displayed on your device interface where you will be asked to enter the default username and password for your Engenius router. If you are unfamiliar with the default username and password of your Engenius router then you can use the following login credentials.
Default Username: admin
Default Password: admin
- Step – 4: After you have entered the default login details, click on the sign-in button and wait for a few seconds until you are redirected towards the settings dashboard of your Engenius router.
In the settings dashboard, you can make necessary changes to your Engenius router settings and network as well.
How to set up an Engenius router?
Setting up an Engenius router is a simple and easy process. But there are chances that you may face several issues during the setup process. In this section, you will get a detailed guide regarding the setup process of your Engenius router.
In most cases, whenever you buy a new Engenius router, the company officially sends its agent so that he can perform the setup process for your newly bought Engenius router. But if that is not the case at your end then there is no need to get worried as you can easily set up your Engenius router manually all by yourself.
Now, follow the steps mentioned below in order to set up your Engenius router.
- First of all place your router and modem at a safe spot in your house or office.
- Now connect your modem to the power cord and connect the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Connect your modem with your Engenius router by using an Ethernet cable.
- Check your modem lights if they are blinking or not.
- Connect your device with your Engenius router again by using an Ethernet cable. Plugin one end of the Ethernet cable into your device and the other end into your Engenius router.
- Turn on your device and open the web browser. Enter the default IP address for your Engenius router there.
- In the login screen enter the default username and password for your Engenius router and click on the sign-in button.
- After getting access to the settings dashboard, click on the wizard button to start the setup wizard.
- Click on the Next button to continue within the setup procedure.
- In the next tab set up your internet connection. Click on the auto-detect button so that the Setup Wizard automatically settles the Internet connection.
- Click on the Manual setup for the configuration of the properties of your Engenius router.
- Click the next button to go forward.
- In the manual connection define your internet connection type and click on the Next button.
- After that click on the Apply button to save the settings accordingly.
This is how you can setup your Engenius router. Now, lets move towards the router configuration steps.
Configuring the login credentials for Engenius router:
Within the setup wizard you can also configure the login credentials for your Engenius router. Changing the default login details for your Engenius router helps you to make your router more secure and protected. In this way, no one can access your router’s WiFi network except you. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Step – 1: In the wireless security tab, encrypt the wireless signals for your Engenius router.
- Step – 2: In the Wireless Name (SSID) text, enter your router’s name or any other name of your choice.
- Step – 3: Now, select the security level of encryption from the dropdown menu.
It is important to secure your network that is why I will recommend you to use the high level for security encryption.
- Step – 4: Now, enter a new password in the encryption key text.
- Step – 5: Click on the Next button to continue and the previous button to go back towards the previous screen.
- Router Limits [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- TDS Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Mikrotik Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- RCN Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
How to Reset an Engenius Router?
If in case you have misplaced the default login details for your Engenius router if in case you have forgotten the default login details of your router. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Step – 1: First of all check if your device is powered on.
- Step – 2: When your device is turned on, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Use a paper clip or a pin for this purpose.
The reset button is located on the left side of your LAN port on the back panel of the Engenius router.
- Step – 3: Release the reset button when the router is turned on.
When your router is reboot then it means that it is successfully reset.
WD Router Port Forwarding
If you wish to forward ports for your device on your WD router, below is a guide that will help you with all the necessary steps to do so.
- Give a static IP address to your computer or any other device you want to forward ports to.
- Type the default gateway address of the WD router 192.168.1.1 in the browser to access its login page.
- Upon reaching on the login page, enter the default login credentials of the WD router in the given fields. The default WD router login details are;
Default Username: admin
Default Password: password
- After logging in the WD router’s settings panel, locate the Advanced Settings option.
- Now click on the Additional Features option.
- Now click on the Port Forwarding option.
- Check the Enabled box.
- In the Name box field, type a name for your service.
- In the IP Address box, type the IP address of your device you are forwarding ports to.
- For single port forwarding, type the same port number in Internal and External Port Range boxes.
- Choose the protocol from the Protocol box.
- Click the Save button to save the settings.