You may need to login to your Fairpoint router in order to configure its settings or for any other purpose. Logging in to the settings dashboard of your Fairpoint router is an easy and simple process. Once logged in, then you can configure the settings of your router easily without any hassle. Also, you can set up your Fairpoint router.
In this article, we will discuss how you can get access to the settings dashboard of your Fairpoint router. Also, you will learn to set up your Fairpoint router along with the router configuration settings. So let’s start the process.
How to login to a Fairpoint Router?
The control panel for your Fairpoint router is the place where all the settings and configurations regarding your Fairpoint router are stored. Without getting access to this control panel you are unable to configure your router. That is why it is important to log in to the settings dashboard of your Fairpoint router. For the login process, all you need is:
- A Fairpoint router
- Access to the WiFi network of your Fairpoint router.
- A website browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc)
Now, follow the steps mentioned below to start the login procedure:
- Step – 1: First of all, you need to connect your device with your Fairpoint router. For this purpose, you can use a wireless or a wired connection.
A wired connection is highly recommended during a login process because it helps you to prevent the network issues during the procedure. You can establish a wired connection simply by using an Ethernet (LAN) cable.
- Step – 2: Now start your device and open your web browser. In the address bar, enter the default IP address for your Fairpoint router. The default network gateway (IP address) for Fairpoint router is 192.168.1.1. After entering the default IP address press the enter key.
- Step – 3: After a few seconds you will be prompted to the login page of your Fairpoint router. In the login page, you will be asked to enter the default username and password for your Fairpoint router. If you are unfamiliar with the default username and password for your router then you can use the following:
Default Username: root
Default Password: 12345
- Step – 4: Click on the sign-in button.
Within a few seconds, you will be redirected to the settings dashboard of your Fairpoint router where you can easily make changes to your router network.
How to setup a Fairpoint router?
Setting up a Fairpoint router is an easy task. But, there are chances that you may face a lot of hurdles during the setup process. If you are stuck somewhere in the setup process then this guide will surely help you. When you buy a new Fairpoint router then the company sends an official agent with you whose main aim is to set up your Fairpoint router for your use. But if this did not happen at your end then you don’t need to get worried about, as you can do the setup process by yourself easily.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to make the process easier and error-free.
- Connect your Fairpoint router to your modem by using an Ethernet cable.
- After that establish a connection between your modem and your router again by using an Ethernet cable. Plugin one end of the cable into your router and the other end into your device.
- Check if the LED lights of your router turned into a Solid Blue colour or not. If yes then it means that your equipment is set up.
- Now start your device and open your web browser. In the address bar enter the default IP address for your Fairpoint router.
- In the login page enter the default username and password for your Fairpoint router.
- After getting access to the settings dashboard of your Fairpoint router then run the basic settings.
- In the Basic settings configure the settings for your Fairpoint router.
- Click on the Apply button to save the settings.
That was all about the setup process for your Fairpoint router.
How to change the default username and password for your Fairpoint router?
When you change the default password for your router then it becomes more secure. If you don’t change the default login credentials then any third person can get access to the wireless network of your Fairpoint router.
Also, keep in mind that when you change the default password for your Fairpoint router then you need to update the password in all of your devices. Also, choose a strong password so that it will be hard to crack it for another person.
If you want to get rid of the future problems then it is recommended to change the password for your Fairpoint router. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Step – 1: First of all, login to the settings dashboard of your Fairpoint router.
- Step – 2: In the settings homepage, search for the wireless option and click on it.
- Step – 3: In the wireless section click on the security button.
- Step – 4: In the security page you will see an option named as WPA/WPAI Paraphrase. This is where you can change the default password for your router. Follow the on-screen instructions and change your default password.
- Step – 5: When you have finished changing your password then make sure to click on the Apply button, this will help you to save the settings for your Fairpoint router.
After changing the default password for your Fairpoint router, test the change on your devices.
Fairpoint Router Port Forwarding
Here is how you can forward ports on your Fairpoint router;
- Give your device a static IP address.
- Access your Fairpoint router web interface through a web browser using default gateway 192.168.1.1.
- Sign in to it using default username (root) and default password (12345).
- Click on the Advanced Setup option.
- Click on NAT.
- Click on Virtual Servers.
- Click on Add link.
- Tick the Custom Services radion button.
- Enter your device IP address in the Server IP Address field.
- Type the same port number in both External and Internal Port boxes.
- Choose a protocol type.
- Click on Save / Apply.
- Archer Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- WD Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Engenius Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Router Limits [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
How to Reset a Fairpoint Router?
If you have misplaced the default login details for your Fairpoint router then you can hard reset your router any time in order to fix this issue. When you perform a hard reset on your Fairpoint router then all the previously made configurations on your router will be wiped out. In order to perform a hard reset on your Fairpoint router, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step – 1: First of all, you need to locate the reset button on your Fairpoint router. The reset button is usually located on the backside of a Fairpoint router.
- Step – 2: Now, after locating the reset button, press and hold it for over 30 seconds. You can use a paper clip or a pin for this purpose.
- Step – 3: Wait until your Fairpoint router’s LED lights turn into a solid colour. When it happens then release the reset button.
After a few seconds your Fairpoint router will be reset to the factory defaults and you have to configure it again.