In this article, we will discuss, how you can login to the settings dashboard of your TDS router. There are several reasons why you need to login to the admin panel of your router, and some of the main reasons include router configuration and router setup.
The admin panel for TDS router, is a web interface where all the important settings regarding your TDS router are stored. So, in order to modify the settings of your TDS router you need to get access to your router’s admin control panel. For this purpose I have compiled a step by step guide which will help you throughout the whole login process.
How to Login to a TDS Router?
Logging in to the settings dashboard of a TDS router is a simple and easy process. All you need is:
- A TDS router
- Access to the WiFi network of your router either through a wireless connection or a wired source.
- A website browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc)
Now, follow the steps mentioned below to start the login process:
- Step – 1: First of all, connect your device with your TDS router. You can perform this task by using a wired or a wireless connection.
In my opinion, you should use a wired connection so that you can get rid of network and connectivity errors. A wired connection can be established by using an Ethernet Cable.
- Step – 2: Now, start your device and open your web browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc)
- Step – 3: Enter the default IP address for TDS router in the address bar of your browser. The default IP address for TDS router is 192.168.0.1. After entering the default IP address, hit the enter key and proceed.
- Step – 4: Now a login screen will be displayed on the interface of your device. Here, you will be asked to enter the default username and password for your TDS router. The default username and password for TDS router are as follows. You can use these:
Default Username: admin
Default Password: password/admin
- Step – 5: After submitting the login details click on the sign-in button.
Within a few seconds you will be redirected to the settings dashboard of your TDS router. Here you can easily make changes to your router. After getting access to your TDS router, the next most important step is to setup and configure your router.
How to Setup a TDS router?
Setting up a TDS router for the first time may seem a bit difficult task. If you are doing the setup process for the first time then there are chances that you may face several sorts of issues such as connection stability error and others.
Usually whenever you buy a new TDS router, then the company officially sends an agent with you, whose main aim is to help you with the setup process of your TDS router. But if that is not the case then there is no need to get worried about.
Because, in this article, I have written a step by step guide regarding the TDS router set up process. So if you are facing issues regarding your router set up and if you want to make the process error free then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Plug your modem to the power cord and connect it to the wall outlet.
- Now, connect your router to your modem by using an Ethernet cable. Plug in one end of the Ethernet cable into your TDS router, and the other end of the cable into your modem.
- After that, connect your device to your TDS router again by using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, start your device and open your web browser. After that enter the default IP address for your TDS router in the address bar.
- Enter the necessary details in the login page and click on the sign-in button.
- After a few seconds you will be redirected to the homepage of the settings dashboard of your TDS router. Here, a Basic Setup Screen will appear.
- In the Basic Setup Screen you can easily configure your router. Modify all the settings of your TDS router in the Basic Setup Page.
- Click on the Apply button to save the settings.
This is how you can set up your TDS router just by following a few simple steps. If you are having problem with the setup procedure, then do let me know in the comments section.
How to Change the Password for a TDS router?
If you want to make your router secure and protected then the most essential thing you need to do is to change the default password for your TDS router. Changing the default password will help you to protect your router against the attack of invaders.
If you don’t change the password then anyone can access the WiFi network of your TDS router. If this happens then that person can also change the default login credentials thus leaving you in some serious trouble.
To prevent all these situations, it is recommended to take a step now. Follow the steps mentioned below in order to change the default password for a TDS router.
- Step – 1: Login to the settings dashboard of your TDS router by using the guide, I have mentioned above.
- Step – 2: In the settings dashboard search for the Edit Account option in the menu and click on it.
- Step – 3: In the next page you can easily change your default username and password. Just fill the details in the required fields and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Step – 4: After modifying the default login details, click on the Apply button to save the settings.
- Mikrotik Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- RCN Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- SMC Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Surfboard Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
How to Reset a TDS Router?
If you have forgotten the username and password for your TDS router, then you can reset your router any time in order to configure it again.
If you perform a factory reset on your TDS router then all the previously made configurations will be lost and you need to start from zero.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to start the reset process:
- Locate the reset button on the backside of your TDS router.
- Now, press and hold the reset button for over 30 to 35 seconds. You can use the sharp edge of a paper clip or a pin for this purpose.
- Release the reset button when the LED lights of your TDS router start blinking.
- Wait until the LED lights of your TDS router turn into solid colour.
- After a few seconds your router will reboot which is a sign that the reset is done successfully. Now, you need to configure your router again from the start.
If you have any questions or queries then drop them down in the comments box.