Viasat is a well-known satellite broadband communication service which is located in the USA. The company is well-known for making products that can help to make your home network secure.
Besides the broadband services, the company also manufactures networking devices, such as wireless routers, modems, voice adapters, and other such products.
But if you want to modify your router then it is not possible to modify the default settings without accessing the Viasat router’s default user interface. In this article, you will learn, how to login to a Viasat router along with some additional information such as setting up the Viasat router and making modifications to your router’s network.
How to login to a Viasat router?
In this guide, you will need to follow some simple steps which will help you to go through the Viasat router login process. Before we begin the login process take a look at the following things and make sure you have all of these.
- A Viasat router.
- A website browser
- Default login details of the Viasat router.
You can use the following defaults while completing the login process.
Default IP address: 192.168.1.1
Default Username: admin
Default Password: admin
Write down the above-mentioned information somewhere and after that follow the step-by-step login guide below:
- Step – 1: Power on your Viasat router and your device as well.
- Step – 2: Now, establish a wireless or a wired connection between your device and your router.
- Step – 3: Start your device and open your web browser. In the address bar type the default IP address for Viasat router (192.168.1.1) and hit the enter button.
- Step – 4: After some time the login screen will appear. Here you need to enter the default username (admin) and password (admin) for your Viasat router.
- Step – 5: Now, click on the login button and proceed.
After a few seconds, you will be redirected to the default settings dashboard of your Viasat router where you will be able to modify the default settings of your router. You can seek help from the guides mentioned below in case if you don’t know how to modify your Viasat router or how to set it up.
How to set up a Viasat router?
Setting up the Viasat router for the first time sometimes proves to be very difficult for those who are performing the task for the first time. There are chances that you may face several problems while setting up your router. To make the process clear and hassle-free I have mentioned a Viasat router set up guide as well.
Follow the steps below if you want to make the procedure easy.
- Step – 1: First of all choose a safe place for your router where you can place it easily. It is recommended to keep the router in the bottom of the house to get better internet coverage.
- Step – 2: Connect the ethernet cable connect your modem to the internet port of your Viasat router.
- Step – 3: Now turn on the modem and then turn on the Viasat router.
- Step – 4: Now login to your router and configure the settings.
How to change the default login credentials of Viasat router?
It is essential to change the default login details of your Viasat router because this step ensures that your router is protected. When you buy a new router then it is configured with the default settings and it is necessary to change them otherwise anyone can access your router and that is not a good thing. In order to prevent all these, it is recommended to configure the default username and password of your Viasat router.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Step – 1: In order to modify the settings for your Viasat router, you need to login to the settings dashboard of your router.
- Step – 2: After getting access to the control panel of your Viasat router, search for the WiFi settings option and click on it.
- Step – 3: Now you will be redirected to another page where you can easily change the username and password for your Viasat router by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step – 4: After you have finished modifying your Viasat router then don’t forget to click on the save button and test the changes as well.
Viasat Router Port Forwarding
Below is how to forward ports on your Viasat router;
- Assign a static IP to your device.
- Access Viasat router’s web interface through a web browser using its default gateway 192.168.1.1.
- Type into default username (admin) and default password (admin) in the login section of your Viasat router.
- Click on NAT.
- Click on Port Forwarding.
- Click on add new rule.
- Enter the Description of the service.
- Type your device IP address.
- Enter the same port in both the Port Range boxes.
- Pick up a protocol from the Protocol box.
- Click Apply / Save.
Also Check: Best Small Business Routers
How to reset a Viasat router?
In case if you have forgotten the details of your Viasat router or you are facing some kind of serious problems with your router then there is no need to worry about it. You can reset your Viasat router to the factory settings and this will fix each and every problem with your router. But, there is a drawback that all the previously made configurations of your Viasat router will also be reset to defaults.
But that is not a big deal you can configure your router again.
- Step – 1: Firstly check that your Viasat router is powered on.
- Step – 2: Now, search for the reset button of your Viasat router.
- Step – 3: Press and hold the reset button for 20 – 25 seconds by using a thin object such as a paper clip or a pen. Your router will turn off.
- Step – 4: While holding the reset button, turn on the power button of your router again and now wait for 30 seconds.
- Step – 5: After 30 seconds your Viasat router will be reset to its factory settings and you need to configure it again.
After finishing the reset process make sure to log in to the settings dashboard in order to modify the router settings. After the reset process, you have to use the default login details for your Viasat router otherwise you will not be able to get access to the control panel of your router.
- HughesNet Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Time Warner Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Orbi Router [Login, Reset, Setup, Defaults]
- Windstream Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
How do I see the Wifi password on my mobile phone?
To check the Wifi password on your phone, go to the System > Wifi and then open the wpa_supplicant.conf file. Now the file manager will ask you about how to open it then select the built-in HTML or text viewer. When you open the file then you will be able to see the Wifi passwords.
Is Viasat internet good enough?
As compared to other routers, Viasat offers more plans that are of higher speed which helps you to reach an impressive speed of 100 Mbps.