Orbi router is another awesome product which is presented by the famous, Netgear. Orbi router contains a tri-band WiFi technology that delivers the best wireless connectivity. You can play games, do live streaming without facing any sort of lag. The latest mesh technology presented by the router will enhance your wireless home network. Orbi router is fast, reliable, and it presents the best coverage for home and office uses.
In this article, we will discuss, how to login to the Orbi router. Sometimes, logging in to your routers default settings dashboard can prove very helpful in terms of making your router more protected. Now, let’s move forward to our main topic.
- 1 How to login to the Orbi Router?
- 2 FAQs
How to login to the Orbi Router?
In order to login to an Orbi router, you will need some things which are mentioned as follows:
- An Orbi Router.
- A good connection with your router either by an Ethernet cable, or a wireless connection. Ethernet cable is much preferred.
- A website browser.
Now if you have all the things which are mentioned above then you can easily log in to your Orbi Router just by following the step by step guide given as follows:
- Step – 1: First of all, connect your device to your Orbi Router by using a wireless or wired connection (through ethernet cable). A wired connection is good while logging in to a router.
- Step – 2: Now open your device (mobile phone or a desktop computer). After that open your browser and left-click on the address bar.
- Step – 3: In the address bar, type https://www.orbilogin.net. You can also use the default IP address of your Orbi router by typing http://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.1 in your address bar.
If the default network gateways (IP Address) mentioned above did not work for you then you can search for your IP address on the internet or you can check your router’s manual.
- Step – 4: Now, you will be redirected to the login page of Orbi Router, here you will be asked to enter the default login details regarding your router. The default username and password for Orbi router are as follows:
Make sure to type the above-mentioned information correctly as it is case sensitive. If these login credentials did not work for you then you can search for your router’s default username and password throughout the internet simply by typing in your routers model number in the search bar. Usually, the default username and password of a router are printed on a sticker which is later on attached to the router. You can search for the default login credentials there.
- Step – 5: Click on the sign-in button and then you will get access to the settings dashboard of your Orbi router. Here you can easily modify your router’s settings.
How to Set up an Orbi router?
You can set up your Orbi router by following these instructions:
- Step – 1: Plug your modem from your router and remove the backup battery after that again connect it to your Orbi router by using an Ethernet cable.
- Step – 2: Connect your Orbi router to the power supply and wait until the ring light of the Orbi router turns into solid white and then pulse white.
- Step – 3: Now place your Orbi router at a safe place.
- Step – 4: Connect the Orbi Satellite to the power source and wait until the LED ring light of the Orbi Satellite turns to be white.
- Step – 5: Now connect your computer to your Orbi router by using a wireless connection or an ethernet cable.
The Orbi router’s ring LED light will turn off when the router set up is completed.
Changing Orbi Router Default Password:
In order to change the default password for your Orbi router follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step – 1: First of all, get access to your Orbi router. To do this, follow the Orbi router login guide mentioned above.
- Step – 2: After successfully logging in to your Orbi router, you will see a Homepage interface on your device’s screen. Here search for the Advanced option and then left-click on it.
- Step – 3: In the Advanced section select administration and then proceed towards Set Password. The Set Password page will be displayed on your screen.
- Step – 4: Now fill all the required fields correctly and after that hit the save button. Don’t forget to test the changes you have made.
Changing Orbi Router Default Username:
To change the default network name (SSID) for your Orbi router follow the steps below:
- Step – 1: Download and install the Orbi app on your mobile phone. Make sure that your mobile phone is connected to your Orbi router.
- Step – 2: When you have finished downloading the app then open it. There you will see a login page, enter the default login credentials here for Orbi router. The default username and password for Orbi router are as follows:
- Step – 3: After signing in, the settings dashboard of the Orbi router will be displayed on your mobile screen. Now, search for the Wifi Settings.
- Step – 4: In the WiFi, settings type your new network name (SSID) in the WiFi Network Name (SSID) field.
- Step – 5: Tap on the Save option. Make sure to test the changes you have made.
How to reset an Orbi router?
Follow the steps below if you want to perform a 30 30 30 hard reset on your Orbi router.
- Step – 1: Check if your Orbi router is powered on.
- Step – 2: Locate the reset button on your Orbi router.
- Step – 3: Press and hold the reset button for over 10 to 15 seconds.
- Step – 4: Release the reset button when the LED lights of the Orbi router start blinking.
After a few seconds, your Orbi router will reboot which is a sign that your router is reset successfully.
- Windstream Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- FIOS Router [Login, Setup, IP]
- Mediacom Router [Login, Setup, Settings]
- CenturyLink Router [Login, Setup, IP]
What is the default admin password and username for the Orbi router?
The default username and password for Orbi router are as follows:
How do I reset my Orbi router?
- Unplug the power button of the router.
- Press and hold the reset button for over 15 – 30 seconds. Use a paper clip or a pen for this purpose.
- While holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and then hold it for further 30 seconds.
Your Orbi router should now be reset, back to the factory settings.
How do I sync my Orbi router?
- First of all, confirm if the router and satellite are receiving enough power.
- Click on the Sync button on the router.
- After two minutes, press the Sync button on the satellite.
This is how you can sync your Orbi router and Satellite. I hope it helps.
If you have any questions or queries then do let me know in the comments section. Moreover, share your reviews about this post in the comments as well.