The RCN router provides internet in selected areas, predominantly RCN offers services in the eastern United States. The limit coverage area gets excellent customer service and high-speed internet which is provided by the RCN router.
There are several reasons why you need to get access to the settings dashboard of your RCN router, some of the basic reasons include router configuration and router setup. So if you want to configure your RCN router then you need to login to the settings dashboard of your router where you can make necessary changes to the WiFi network of your RCN router.
In this article, you will get a step by step login guide which will help you throughout the whole procedure. Also, you will learn how to set up and configure your RCN router.
So, let’s start.
How to login to an RCN Router?
To log in to an RCN router, all you need is:
- RCN router
- Access to the WiFi network of your RCN router
- A web browser
Now follow the steps mentioned below in order to start the login process:
- Step – 1: First of all connect your device with your RCN router by using a wireless connection or a wired connection. In my opinion, you should use a wired connection to prevent network problems. In order to establish a wired connection, you can use a LAN Cable.
- Step – 2: Now open your web browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safar, etc) and go to https://my.rcn.com/login.
- Step – 3: You will be redirected to the login page of your RCN router. Here, you will be asked to enter the login credentials for your RCN router. Enter the details that you have used while creating your RCN account.
- Step – 4: Now click on the sign-in button and proceed.
After a few seconds, you will be redirected to the settings dashboard of your RCN router. Here you can make essential changes to your router’s network.
How to set up an RCN router?
When you purchase an RCN router for the first time then you have two options, either you can self install and set up your router or in the other case, you can call a technician to perform the setup task for you. Many people prefer to set up their router by themselves, there are many reasons why they choose this option.
But, 90% of them fail to perform the set up at home. If you are one of them and you are having problems with the setup of your RCN router then you are at the right place.
In this section, you will get a complete setup guide for your RCN router. Follow the steps mentioned below in order to make the process easy and error-free:
- Step – 1: First of all, find a safe spot in your house where you can place your equipment safely.
- Step – 2: Now, connect your modem to the power cord and then plug the power cord to the wall socket.
- Step – 3: Connect your RCN router with your modem by using an Ethernet cable and check the modem lights.
- Step – 4: After that connect your device with your RCN router. Again, use an Ethernet cable for this connection.
- Step – 5: Turn on your computer and check if the LED lights of your router are giving a steady colour or not.
- Step – 6: Now, activate your RCN account by logging in to it.
How to configure an RCN router?
Configuring your RCN router will help you to make your router more secure and protected. You can perform the configuration process by changing the default login details for your RCN router.
If you change the default username and password then no one else can get access to your router’s network except you. If you don’t do so then there are chances that the WiFi network of your router may get attacked by invaders. Other people can also access the wireless network of your router and they might change the default login details thus leaving no chance behind for you.
In order to prevent all such problems in future, it is recommended to take a step.
Follow the guides below to do so.
Changing the default password of RCN Router:
To change the default password for your RCN router, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step – 1: Firstly, log in to the settings dashboard of your RCN router.
- Step – 2: After getting access to the settings homepage, search for the Accounts and Passwords option and click on it. This option is located in the right nav bar under the RCN Webmail.
- Step – 3: Here you will see a Reset Password option, click on it.
- Step – 4: In the next page enter your new password in the required fields.
- Step – 5: Confirm your password.
- Step – 6: Click on the Apply button to save the changes which you have just made.
Changing the default username of RCN Router:
For this purpose, follow the guide mentioned below:
- Step – 1: To change the username go to http://usertools.rcn.com/.
- Step – 2: Here you can easily change your default username (Webmail) for RCN router. Just click on the old username and remove it. Enter the new username there.
- Step – 3: Again enter your username in order to confirm the change.
- Step – 4: Click on the Apply button to save the changes accordingly.
This is how you can configure your RCN router just by following a few simple steps. If you are facing issues while changing your default username then do mention your problem in the comments. I will try to find a working solution.
RCN Router Port Forwarding
Below is a guide on how to forward ports on your RCN router;
- First and foremost, assign a static IP to your device.
- Access the RCN web interface using its default gateway 192.168.0.1a through a web browser and press Enter.
- In the login section, type RCN router’s default username (admin) and default password (password) and press Enter.
- On the main settings interface, click on the Firewall option.
- Click on the Add option.
- Type a name in the Description field.
- Fort single port, type the same port number in both Inbound Port boxes.
- Pick a protocol in the Format box.
- Enter your device IP in the Local IP address box.
- In the Local Port, type the same port you have typed in the Inbound Port box.
- Click on the add Virtual Server option.
- Click on Save.
- SMC Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Surfboard Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Ubiquiti Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Cable One Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Zhone router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
How to Reset an RCN Router?
If you have forgotten your username and password for RCN router then you can reset your RCN router and start from zero. Resetting an RCN router also proves helpful to solve the network issues as well. Follow the steps mentioned below to perform a hard reset on your RCN router.
- Step – 1: Check if your RCN router is turned on or not.
- Step – 2: Now, locate the reset button on your RCN router. It is usually located on the rear side of your RCN router.
- Step – 3: After locating the reset button, press and hold it for over 15 to 20 seconds. You can use a paper clip or a pen for this purpose.
- Step – 4: Release the reset button when your router starts to reboot.
Once your router is reboot then it means that your RCN router is reset successfully.
Q1. What is RCN Router?
RCN Router is a networking device that allows you to connect multiple devices to the internet through a wired or wireless connection.
Q2. How do I set up my RCN Router?
Setting up your RCN Router is easy. Simply follow the instructions provided by your RCN service provider, which typically involve connecting the router to your modem and configuring the network settings.
Q3. What kind of security features does RCN Router have?
RCN Router typically has basic security features such as WPA2 encryption and a firewall, but it is always recommended to use additional security measures such as strong passwords and regular firmware updates.
Q4. Can I customize my RCN Router settings?
Yes, you can customize your RCN Router settings to some extent such as changing the network name and password, setting up port forwarding, and prioritizing bandwidth for certain devices.
Q5. What should I do if I experience connection issues with my RCN Router?
If you experience connection issues with your RCN Router, try resetting the router, checking your network settings, and contacting your RCN service provider for further assistance