DirecTV is a popular satellite television provider in the United States, offering a wide range of channels and programming options for its subscribers. In addition to its traditional television services, DirecTV also offers an online streaming service called DirecTV Now, which allows subscribers to stream live television and on-demand content from their computers, smartphones, and other devices.
If you are a DirecTV subscriber, you may need to access your account online to manage your services, update your billing information, or troubleshoot any issues you may be experiencing. This can be done through the DirecTV login portal, which allows you to access your account information and make changes to your services as needed. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions about DirecTV login, setup, reset, and default settings, and provide answers to help you get the most out of your service.
How to set up your DirecTV account?
An online account for your Directv is useful. Through your online Directv account, you can view your statements, pay your bills, request to upgrade your service, and much more in a matter of few clicks.
If you want to create your Directv account, then you have to follow these easy steps;
- Navigate to the Directv website
- Click on the Create Account tab.
- Validate your DirecTV account by using your DirecTV account number or your contact number, as well as validating the last four digits of your credit card on file.
- Type your last name
- Click on Continue option
- Create your password and then again confirm it by retyping it in confirm password tab
- Choose a security question
- Type your answer in security question answer box
It is important to remember the security question and the answer you just typed in case you forget your password. This will help you to restore your account.
- Click on Create Account.
- Congratulation you have successfully created your DirecTV account
How to Login to DirecTV?
Now that you have successfully created your DirecTV account and managing it at “att.com,” your DirecTV account credentials will become at&t credentials. You can sign in to your account you have created earlier by following these simple steps;
- Navigate to the att.com website
- Click on Sign-in option
- Go to User ID box
- Enter your current DirecTV account email address
- Go to the password box.
- Type your DirecTV account password
- Click on Sign-in option
- Check the box to accept AT&T user ID terms and conditions
How to connect your Directv to your HDTV?
You can connect your DirecTV receiver to an HDTV. For this purpose, you can join it through two ways that include through HDMI cable and through GBR cable.
Connecting through an HDMI cable is recommended because it supports HD videos and Dolby Digital audio.
To connect through an HDMI cable, you need to follow these simple steps;
- Plug one point of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port situated on the back of your DirecTV receiver
- Plug the other part of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port situated on the back of your TV
- Ensure that you have correctly selected the input source—for instance, HDMI 1 and HMDI 2.
- Set your TV resolution to 720p or 1080i.
To connect through an RCA cable, firstly you will require two separate RCA-type cables;
- For high definition video, plug the green, red, and blue ends of the first cable into the matching green, red, and blue and red output ports located at the back of the receiver.
- Plug the other end of an RCA cable into the corresponds input ports on the TV
- For audio connection, plug the white a red end of the second cable into the matching white and red output ports situated at the back of the receiver
- Plug other white and red ends of the RCA cable into the remaining input ports on your TV.
Note: You can not use the Yellow end.
- Ensure that you have selected the right input source of your TV
- Set the resolution of your TV to 720p or 1080i.
How to Reset DirecTV Receiver?
You can reset your DirecTV receiver in three ways.
- Every lates model of DirecTV router contains a red reset button
- If you have hr43 and hr44 models, then you can find it inside the access card door.
- Press the panel, and the button will be pop-out
- Press the button to begin the reset process
- It can take up to six minutes
If you have hr54, which is the latest model, then you can find the reset button to the right side at the front of the receiver.
- Plug out the power cord from the back
- Wait for at least ten seconds
- Plug it back in
This process is also referred to as a hard reset and reboots the receiver as well.
- Press and hold the blue DirecTV button located at the front of the receiver
- Hold the power button for at least twenty seconds
This process will reset your DirecTV router to its factory settings. You can use this process if you are ready to lose your customized settings, such as favorites, playlists, parental locks, screen preferences, etc.
How to set record defaults for DirecTV?
If you own a pre-Genie DVR, then the feature you are searching for is called Record Defaults. You can find it by performing the below steps;
- Press the Menu option
- Press the down arrow option
- Press Select
- Press the down arrow option to Record Defaults
- Press Select
A screen will appear, and you can how many programs you want to record, and you don’t want them to delete automatically unless you run out of space.
- Set it as per your preferences
- Press Exit
If you operate Genie with new menus, then they will be a bit different, but the idea is the same.
- Press List option
- Press Arrow up to manage recordings
- Press Select
- Arrow to Typical Recording Preferences
- Press Select
A screen will open with the same option as we did earlier. Set that as per your requirements.
- Press Exit option
DirecTV Port Forwarding
Sometimes when you want to access a device, it isn’t being displayed on the list. Below is a guide that will help you to add devices you want to access through port forwarding.
- Access the gateway setting page using the default gateway address, which is 192.168.1.254.
- Now locate the Settings tab.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Click on the Firewall option.
- Click on the Applications Pinholes DMZ tab. If you get a warning notification, navigate to the AT&T port forwarding tool, which will enable you to enable the port forwarding tool on your account.
- Click on the Add a new user-defined application option.
- Assign a name in the Application Profile Name.
- Click on the Protocol.
- Enter the port number you wish to open.
- In the Map to Host field, enter the default port as you entered above.
- In the Application Type box, choose an option from the dropdown list appropriate to your application.
- Click on Add to List option.
- For access code, type the Device Access Code from your gateway.
- Click on the Submit.
If you have a DirecTV router and don’t know how to operate, connect, reset it, then you can read this article to get help. This will help you from setting up your router to connecting it to your TV to reset it to default.
- Realtek Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Atlantic Broadband Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Fairpoint Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Archer Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
Below are some most asked questions by multiple users;
Q: Is DirecTV now is free for its customers?
Ans: DirecTV Now offers a free trial and doesn’t need a contract. It is recommended to check it out first. If it fulfills your requirements, you could save a whole lot of money; if not, you have a choice to cancel it anytime and switch over to the full satellite subscription.
Q2. How do I set up my DirecTV receiver?
To set up your DirecTV receiver, you will need to connect it to your television and to your home’s satellite dish. The receiver will walk you through the setup process, which includes activating your account and selecting your programming package.
Q3. How do I reset my DirecTV receiver?
If you need to reset your DirecTV receiver, you can do so by pressing and holding the red reset button on the front panel of the receiver for 10 seconds. This will reset the receiver to its default settings.
Q4. What are the default settings for DirecTV receivers?
The default settings for DirecTV receivers can vary depending on the model, but typically include things like the receiver’s audio and video output settings, parental controls, and guide display options.
Q5. How do I troubleshoot issues with my DirecTV service?
If you are experiencing issues with your DirecTV service, such as signal loss or a frozen screen, you can try troubleshooting the issue by resetting your receiver, checking your cables and connections, and ensuring that your satellite dish is properly aligned. If you are still experiencing issues, you can contact DirecTV customer support for further assistance.