Synology router is declared as one of the best routers in terms of speed and security. If you are using a Synology router, then it is important to configure the default settings of your Synology router. If you configure the default settings then your router will become more protected and secure.
Moreover, you will be safe from the attack of invaders. To configure the default settings for a Synology router you must log in to the settings dashboard of your Synology router.
In this article, we will discuss, how you can get access to your Synology router along with the router’s configuration and set up.
How to login to a Synology router?
Logging in to the default settings dashboard of a Synology router is an easy task. All you need is:
- Synology router
- Access to the wireless network of your router
- A web browser
Also, note down the following information because this will be needed during the login steps.
Default IP address: 192.168.1.1
Default username: admin
Default Password: none
Now, let’s start the login process.
- Step – 1: First of all connect your device to your Synology router. You can establish a connection by using a wired or a wireless connection. A wired connection is much preferred during the login processes. You can use an Ethernet cable for that purpose.
- Step – 2: Now start your device and open your web browser. In the address bar type the default IP address (192.168.1.1) for Synology router. After that hit the enter button.
- Step – 3: A login screen will be displayed on your device interface. Here you need to enter the default username (admin) in the required fields, leave the password field blank as no password is required for a Synology Router.
- Step -4: Click on the sign-in button and within a few seconds, you will get access to your router’s settings dashboard.
This is how you can log in to the settings dashboard of your Synology router.
How to set up a Synology Router?
Setting up a Synology router for the very first time can prove to be a difficult process. There are chances that you may face several types of errors while the setup process. But if you want to make the process easy and error-free then follow the Synology Router set up guide mentioned below:
- Step – 1: First of all install the Antennas for your Synology router.
- Step – 2: Place your modem and router at a safe place. Make sure to select a good position so that you can get good coverage all over your house.
- Step – 3: Now connect your Synology router with your modem with the help of an Ethernet Cable.
- Step – 4: Connect your router to your device and turn on your device
- Step – 5: Open the web browser and type the default IP address for the Synology router in the address bar.
- Step – 6: In the login page fill up the essential information and click on the sign-in button.
- Step – 7: Now, on the homepage of your Synology router’s settings dashboard you will see an SRM Setup Wizard.
- Step – 8: Run the Setup Wizard by clicking on the Next button.
- Step – 9: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process. Step – 10: In the end, click on the Save button to save the settings.
How to change the default password for Synology Router?
Changing the default login credentials for your Synology router is an effective step to enhance the security of your router. If you do not change the default login credentials then there are chances that anyone can get access to your router’s wireless network.
It sounds a bit weird but it is possible because all the default details regarding any router are available on the internet. And that is how people misuse the information. But to prevent all these situations, I have a quick solution for you that mainly includes changing the default username and password.
Follow the steps below to do so:
- Step – 1: First of all login to the settings dashboard of your Synology router.
- Step – 2:In the top right corner click on the account icon and then go to the options page.
- Step – 3: On the next page you can change the default username and password for your Synology router without facing any error. Type the new password in the required blank.
- Step – 4: Confirm your password by typing it again.
- Step – 5: Now, click on the Save button.
This was all about resetting the default password for your Synology router. If you want to change the username then repeat the same process.
Synology Router Factory Reset
In case if you have forgotten the login details of your Synology router or if the home network of your Synology router becomes unreachable then resetting your router may fix all of these errors. There are two types of reset:
- Hard Reset
- Soft Reset
If you are facing any network issue then it is recommended to perform a Soft Reset on your Synology router. Follow the steps below to perform a soft reset.
- Step – 1: Remove the power supply of your modem.
- Step – 2: Unplug the Ethernet cable that connects your router with your modem.
- Step – 3: Plug in the cable again, after a few minutes.
- Step – 4: Now connect your router with your device.
- Step – 5: Turn on your device and check if the issue is resolved or not.
If you are still facing the network issue then try performing a hard reset. Sometimes, a hard reset solves the errors that are not corrected by a soft reset. Follow the steps below in order to perform a hard reset:
- Step – 1: Locate the reset button on your Synology router.
- Step – 2: Press and hold the reset button for over 10 – 20 seconds. You can use the sharp edge of a paper clip or a pen for this purpose.
- Step – 3: Release the reset button when your Synology router restarts.
- Expressvpn router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Exede Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Wow Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Westell Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
This is how you can perform a hard reset on your Synology router. If the error still continues then try contacting the Customer Support.
Make sure to configure your Synology Router again because after the reset is finished then all the previously made configurations will be lost.