ExpressVPN is a famous and well-known company that provides VPN software for different devices such as Windows, Mac, Android, etc. Moreover, ExpressVPN also provides an app for routers, within this app you can set up a VPN router in order to share VPN services with the connected devices.
The Expressvpn router comes up with good speed and customer support. The good thing about Expressvpn router is that you can use a VPN service on your devices easily.
If you are using an Expressvpn router and still you are unable to use the VPN service then there are chances that you have not configured your router properly. In order to utilize your Expressvpn router’s features properly, you need to configure your router.
The configuration is only possible if you have access to the control panel of your Expressvpn router, and this can be done by logging in to your Expressvpn router’s web interface.
- 1 How to login to an Expressvpn router?
- 2 ExpressVPN Router Port Forwarding
- 3 FAQs
How to login to an Expressvpn router?
In this section, you will learn, ho to get access to the settings dashboard of your Expressvpn router, by following a few simple steps. You can easily connect your devices to the Expressvpn router and then you can surf through the internet securely. Follow the steps below to login to the control panel of Expressvpn router.
- Step – 1: Connect your device (computer or laptop) to your Expressvpn router’s WiFi network.
- Step – 2: Now, open your website browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc) and in the address bar type http://www.expressvpnrouter.com. After that press the enter key.
- Step – 3: You will be redirected towards the login page, here enter the default username and password for your Expressvpn router. The default username is admin while the default password is written on the bottom of your router which is composed of 8 digits.
- Step – 4: Now click on the sign-in button.
This is how you can log in to the settings dashboard of your Expressvpn router.
How to set up an Expressvpn router?
If you are facing problems while setting up your Expressvpn router then this guide will surely help you. In this section, I have compiled a step by step guide that will help you while setting up your Expressvpn router for the very first time. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Step – 1: First of all find the login credentials for your Expressvpn router. You can check the welcome mail, the username and password will be displayed there.
- Step – 2: Now, open your web browser and log in to the settings dashboard of your Expressvpn router.
- Step – 3: After getting access to the control panel, click on the Setup on More devices option.
- Step – 4: Now, click on the Manual Config option located on the left side of your screen.
- Step – 5: In the Manual Config option, select the PPTP & L2TP/IPsec from the right menu.
- Step – 6: Now go to the admin panel and then click on the advanced tab.
- Step – 7: In the advanced tab select Network > Internet.
- Step – 8: Here set your connection type to L2TP and enter the required details there.
- Step – 9: Set the connection mode to manually and the max idle time to 0 minutes.
- Step – 10: Now click on the connect button.
- Step – 11: After that click on the save button to save the settings.
How to change the password for Expressvpn router?
Changing the default password for your Expressvpn router is a good step to enhance the security of your router. If you don’t do so then there are chances that the router’s wireless network may get attacked by invaders. The default username and password for almost every router are available on the internet. That is why it is recommended to change the default login details so that your router remains safe. Follow the steps mentioned below in order to change the default password for your Expressvpn router.
- Step – 1: First of all sign in to your Expressvpn account
- Step – 2: After getting access to the settings page, click on the Change Password option located on the left-hand menu.
- Step – 3: Now, change your password by entering the details required.
- Step- 4: Confirm your password.
- Step – 5: Click on the Apply button to save the settings.
This is how you can change the default password of your Expressvpn router just by following a few simple steps.
How to Reset an Expressvpn Router?
If you are facing issues with the default network of your router or if you have forgotten the login details of your Expressvpn router then resetting the router to its factory defaults is the only option left. In this guide, you will learn how to perform a factory reset for Expressvpn router.
Remember that after the reset is completed successfully then all the previously made configurations will be lost. That is why it is recommended to note down the essential details regarding your Expressvpn router somewhere so that you will not face issues in the upcoming time.
Before we start the reset process make sure that your router has the original firmware. Now follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step – 1: First of all, locate the reset button on your Expressvpn router. Search for the button on the rear side of your router.
- Step – 2: After locating the reset button, press and hold it for at least 10 seconds.
- Step – 3: After a few minutes your router will reboot which means that the reset was successfully done.
If the network error is not resolved then try performing a soft reset. Follow the steps below in order to perform a soft reset on your Expressvpn router:
- Step – 1: Login to the settings dashboard of your Expressvpn router.
- Step – 2: After accessing the settings dashboard of your router, click on the reboot router button in the left sidebar to perform a reboot.
- Step – 3: After the soft reset completes your internet issue will be resolved. If the error continues then try contacting the support.
ExpressVPN Router Port Forwarding
Below is the guide that will help you to forward ports on your ExpressVPN router;
- Firstly, assign a new static IP to your device.
- Open any of the browsers and enter the default address of ExpressVPN router https://expressvpnrouter.com and press Enter.
- In the login section, type the default username (admin) of your ExpressVPN router and see the password on the back of your router. Press Enter.
- Click on the Advanced Settings link.
- Click on the Port Forwarding link.
- Click on the Add New Rule link.
- Type the name of the rule in the Description box.
- In the Device box, type your device’s IP address.
- In the Internal and External Port boxes, type the same port number.
- Select the protocol type from the Protocol box.
- Click on Save to add the rule.
- Exede Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Wow Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- T Mobile router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Westell Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
Can I connect to my home network from anywhere?
Yes, if you have a portable router then you can access your home network easily, in this way all of your electronic devices can connect to the internet.
How can I find the IP address of my modem?
To find the IP address click on the start button and in the search bar type cmd and press the enter key. Run the command prompt, and type ipconfig there and hit the enter key. Scroll towards the top of the page and you will see the default IP address of your router displayed there.