If you’re encountering the Bluestacks stuck on initializing error, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue. Firstly, try closing and reopening Bluestacks, as sometimes the error is caused by a temporary glitch. If that doesn’t work, you can try restarting your computer and then relaunching Bluestacks. If the problem persists, you may need to try some more advanced troubleshooting steps.
One option is to clear the Bluestacks app cache and data. To do this, go to your computer’s Settings, then to Apps, find Bluestacks and select Storage. Then, click on Clear cache and Clear data. Another possible solution is to disable any antivirus or firewall software that may be blocking Bluestacks from running. If all else fails, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Bluestacks. Remember to backup any important data before uninstalling the software to avoid losing it.
How to Fix Bluestacks stuck on initializing error?
Bluestacks is an Android emulator which is famous among Windows users. If you want to run any android game or application in your PC then bluestacks will be your first choice. Bluestacks claims to run 96% of the total apps available on play store. No other android emulators have the same compatibility percentage. Everyone prefers bluestacks to play android games on the computer. Meanwhile, bluestacks is highly recommended for this purpose but many users have reported some flaws in it.
What might be causing the error?
There are multiple reasons that cause this error. I have listed some of them below:
- The version of bluestacks you are handling is outdated.
- You have too many programs running at once.
- This error will also occur if you have an outdated computer.
- You don’t have administrator permissions for your account.
- You have installed an outdated version of the .NET framework.
- In Windows XP and Windows 8, bluestacks stuck on initializing screen error is very common. If you are facing one of these OS, you may face this error.
Possible Solutions to Fix Bluestacks stuck on Initializing Error:
Bluestacks stuck on initializing screen error may occur in any operating systems like Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Mac. You need to know some effective methods to fix bluestacks stuck on initializing screen error.
1. Run Only Bluestacks
Close everything in your PC and run only bluestack. If you are a laptop user, plug in your charger. It may fix bluestacks stuck on initializing error.
2. Restart your PC
You can fix this error by normally restarting your PC or by restarting Bluestacks app player may fix this solution.
3. Update Bluestacks to the latest version
This error also occurs due to an outdated version of bluestacks. So always update it to the latest version. If you still face bluestacks stuck on initializing error then remove the current version of bluestacks from your PC and download the latest version of bluestacks. Make sure that the latest .NET framework is installed on your PC.
4. Check for Administrator Privileges
If these two methods don’t work then you can follow this method.
Sometimes bluestacks stuck on initializing error may occur due to lack of administrator privileges. So make sure that you have given the administrator privileges to bluestacks. Follow the steps below to perform this method:
- Go to C:\Program Files\Bluestacks
- Now find HD-StartLauncher and go to its properties. Click on compatibility tab and mark Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Choose Windows 7 and click on Apply.
- Then click on Security Tab. Then choose user and click on Edit.
- Then mark on Allow of full control. Now click on apply and OK.
- Then check if you are still facing that problem or not.
5. Close all additional applications
Third-party applications can sometimes interfere with bluestacks and cause bluestacks to get stuck on initializing. Since many of these applications start automatically with Windows, it’s advised that you perform a Clean boot and disable all startup applications and services. This is quite simple, you can do it by following these steps.
1. Press Windows Key + R and enter misconfig. Now press Enter or click OK.
2. System Configuration window will now open. Navigate to Services tab and click Hide all Microsoft Services. Now click Disable all button.
3. Proceed to Startup tab and open Task Manager.
4. List of startup applications will now appear in Task Manager. Right-click the first entry on the list and choose Disable from the menu. Repeat this step for all startup applications on the list.
5. Close Task Manager. Now go back to the System Configuration window and click Apply and OK to save changes. Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Once your PC restarts check the problem with bluestacks appears or not. If not, then it means that one of the starts up application was causing it. To find the cause you need to enable startup applications and services until you find the problematic app. Once you find it then remove it from PC and check if it helps or not.
6. Completely remove all files associated with Bluestacks
Completely remove all files, folders and registry keys associated with bluestacks. If you don’t know how to do that then follow these steps:
1. Uninstall Bluestacks. To uninstall it go to Settings > App > System and Features. Locate bluestacks and press the uninstall button.
2. Locate and remove the following file folders:
- C:\Program Files\Bluestacks
3. Press Windows Key + R, enter %temp% and press Enter or click OK.
4. Delete all BST files and folders. You can find these files through the search bar located in the top right corner.
5. Download the removal tool and use it to remove bluestacks.
6. After doing that you can also use CCleaner to remove and registry entries left after the removal of bluestacks.
If this process seems a bit complicated then you can also remove bluestacks by using the uninstaller software. Uninstaller software is a special application that will completely remove the selected software/application along with its files and registry entries. By using software such as Revo Uninstaller you will be ensured that the bluestacks is removed from your system. Once you remove bluestacks using this tool, install it again to check that whether the issue is resolved or not.
If bluestacks get stuck in the Initialization screen, then you should try uninstalling it. Deleting all its data by going to the C drive >> Program files and then delete the bluestacks folder. Then install bluestacks again.
In the end, the problem may also lie with your hardware. If your computer or graphics driver is very old, it might not work with bluestacks. If you have any questions then do let me know in the comments section.
- BlueMail for PC: Install on Windows 10/8/7
- How to Fix Requested Operation Requires Elevation Error
- How to fix GWXUX Has Stopped Working Error?
Q1. What causes the “Initializing” error in Bluestacks?
A1. The most common causes of the “Initializing” error in Bluestacks include outdated software, corrupted installation files, antivirus software blocking Bluestacks, and lack of administrative privileges.
Q2. How can I fix the “Initializing” error in Bluestacks?
A2. Some common solutions to fix the “Initializing” error in Bluestacks include restarting your computer, disabling antivirus software temporarily, running Bluestacks as an administrator, updating to the latest version of Bluestacks, and reinstalling Bluestacks.
Q3. Why does Bluestacks get stuck on “Initializing” at 99%?
A3. Bluestacks may get stuck on “Initializing” at 99% due to various reasons such as insufficient system resources, outdated graphics drivers, corrupted installation files, or an outdated version of Bluestacks.
Q4. How do I update my graphics drivers for Bluestacks?
A4. To update your graphics drivers for Bluestacks, you can visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer and download the latest driver for your graphics card model. Alternatively, you can use a driver update software tool to automatically update your graphics drivers.
Q5. Can I run Bluestacks on a Mac computer?
A5. Yes, you can run Bluestacks on a Mac computer by using an Android emulator such as Bluestacks or Nox Player. You can download and install Bluestacks for Mac from the official Bluestacks website, and then install and run Android apps on your Mac using Bluestacks.