D-Link has a variety of routers to fulfill all the needs of its users. DLink is a global network provider for networking hardware such that people can connect with their information from all over the world.
DLink router provides innovative designs, high performance, and extenders for various purposes such as intensive online gaming, video streaming, etc.
Setting up the DLink router is a simple task. In this article, we will discuss how can you login to your DLink router.
Setting up and installing the router for the first time is really very simple. DLink router has a very convenient setup Wizard. So, that its users can set up the router themselves without facing any errors.
How to Login to a DLink Router?
Before we begin make sure that your device is connected to your router via an Ethernet cable or a wireless connection. If it is connected, then follow the steps given below:
- Step – 1: Start your device. After that, open your browser, such as Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
- Step – 2: After you have opened your browser, left-click on the address bar (not in the search bar) and type the default IP address for the DLink router.
- Step – 3: Now, you will be prompt to the login page. Here, you will be asked for the username and password of your DLink router.
If you are unfamiliar with your username and password then you can use the default login credentials that are given below:
- Step – 4: Now, you will be redirected to the settings dashboard of your DLink router. Here you can customize and modify your router as per your wish.
How can I set up my DLink router?
If you want to set up your DLink router for the first time then follow the steps below:
- Step – 1: Unplug the cables and connections related to your router.
- Step – 2: Connect the ethernet cable from any of the LAN ports of your router to your device that you are going to use in order to set up your router.
- Step – 3: Connect the WAN port of the router with a wall socket and then turn it on.
- Step – 4: Start your modem, your router, and your device as well.
- Step – 5: Now follow the login steps mentioned above.
Also Check: Best Budget D-Link Routers
How to upgrade the firmware of your DLink router?
Upgrading your router’s firmware is very essential as it helps you to keep your network safe and secure. It provides the latest features and solutions to many problems as well. The following are the steps that you need to follow while updating the firmware for your DLink router.
- Step – 1: Open any web browser on your device and then go to the DLink Router’s support website. From there download the latest firmware for DLink router’s model.
- Step – 2: After you have downloaded the latest firmware version, open your web browser and left-click on the address bar. Type http://dlinkrouter.local or the default IP address for DLink router there. (Default IP address for DLink router is 192.168.0.1).
- Step – 3: Now you will be redirected to the login window. Here you will be asked about your default username and password.
- Step – 4: Type the default username and password for DLink router and click on the login button. You will be prompt to the router’s dashboard from where you can configure your settings easily.
- Step – 6: Under the firmware upgrade, tap on the browse button and select the file which you have downloaded in the beginning.
- Step – 5: Click on the Tools tab located at the top and then click on the firmware tab. You will find the firmware tab on the left side of your screen.
- Step – 7: Click on the upload button to upgrade your firmware to the latest version. It will take some time (approximately 2 – 3 minutes) to upgrade the firmware for your router.
Note: It will be better for you if you don’t disturb the router while the firmware upgrade. Don’t unplug any switch from your router.
- Step – 8: Left click on the continue button.
After some time, your DLink router will be upgraded and you can start surfing the web again.
How to Reset DLink router?
In case if you forgot the username and password for your DLink router then resetting it to the factory version is the only option left for you. To reset your router, follow the steps given below:
- Step – 1: Find the reset button on your router (mostly located on the backside).
- Step – 2: Press and hold the reset button for almost 10 – 15 seconds by using a paper clip or a pen.
- Step – 3: Release the button when the LED light on your router starts blinking.
Once the router has successfully restarted then the LED light will stop blinking which means that your router is successfully reset.
Note: Resetting your router will revert all the previously configured settings back to the factory version.
D-Link Router Port Forwarding
Below is the most straightforward guide on how to forward ports on D-Link router;
- First of all, give your device a static IP.
- Now access the D-Link router login section using default gateway 192.168.1.1 through a web browser.
- Use the default username (admin) and default password (admin) to login to it.
- Click on Advanced option.
- Click on the Port Forwarding option.
- Click on the Add option.
- Click on the Customs Service radio button.
- In the Custom Service box, give it a name.
- In the Server IP address, put the IP address of your device.
- For single port forwarding, type the same port number in both External and Internal Port Range boxes.
- Select the protocol type.
- Click on the Save/Apply option.
- AT&T Router Login [Settings, Password, IP]
- Sagemcom Router Login [Reset, Settings, IP]
- Hitron Router Login [Settings, Default IP, Password]
- Ubee Router Login [Reset, Password, IP]
Q1. What is the default password for D-Link router?
The default login credentials for the DLink router are as follows:
Password: password (blank by default)
Q2. Why my DLink router is not working?
If your DLink router is not working then you have to reset it by following the steps which I have mentioned above.
Q3. How do I enable WiFi on my DLink router?
Log in to your DLink router and after you redirect to your settings dashboard, click on the main menu and then choose My Network tab. In the drop-down list, click on Enabled. In the IP address field, type the IP address of the WLAN network’s default gateway.
Q4. How do I set up a Wireless WLAN?
- Step – 1: Connect your PC to your Wireless network.
- Step – 2: Choose the Network icon from the notifications area.
- Step – 3: Select the network that you want to connect to, from the network’s list and then tap on the connect button.
- Step – 4: Enter your security key (password)
- Step – 5: Now, follow the on-screen instructions.
Q5. How do I log in to my D-Link router?
Open a web browser and type in the IP address of your D-Link router. Enter your username and password to log in. If you haven’t changed your default credentials, they can be found in your router’s manual.
This was all about the DLink router. I hope that you will find this article helpful. If you have any questions then do let me know in the comments.