The Ubiquiti router comes up with the advanced features that can be used to run several programs online without facing any issues and errors. The router provides eight-gigabit ports so that you can connect your devices to your Ubiquiti router easily.
In order to enhance the security of your router, it is necessary to modify the default settings of your router manually and for that purpose you need to login to the settings dashboard of your Ubiquiti router.
In this article you will learn about the following:
- Ubiquiti router Login
- Ubiquiti router Setup
- Ubiquiti router Reset
- Ubiquiti router Configuration
So, let’s start.
How to login to a Ubiquiti router?
The settings dashboard for Ubiquiti router is the control panel where all the settings and configurations regarding your Ubiquiti router are stored. So in order to make modifications in the settings of your Ubiquiti router, it is necessary to
The login process for Ubiquiti router is easy and straightforward. All you need is:
- Ubiquiti router
- Access to the WiFi network of your Ubiquiti router.
- A website browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc
Also, make sure to note down the following information as you will need it during the login process.
Default IP address: 192.168.1.1
Default Username: ubnt
Default Password: ubnt
Now follow the steps mentioned below in order to start the login process:
- Step – 1: First of all, you need to connect your device with your Ubiquiti router. You can perform this task by using a wired connection or a wireless connection.
A wired connection is recommended during a login process as compared to a wired one because you will not face any error regarding your network if you use a wired connection. It can be established easily by using an Ethernet Cable.
- Step – 2: Start your device and open your web browser. In the address bar enter the default IP address for Ubiquiti router. The default IP address for Ubiquiti router is 192.168.1.1. Hit the enter key.
- Step – 3: Now a login screen will be displayed, here you need to enter the default username (ubnt) and password (ubnt) for your Ubiquiti router.
- Step – 4: Click on the sign-in button and wait for a few seconds. Now, you will be prompted to the settings dashboard of your Ubiquiti router where you can modify, and configure the WiFi network of your router.
After logging in to the control panel of your router, don’t forget to modify your router’s network.
How to set up a Ubiquiti router?
In order to use the WiFi network of your Ubiquiti router, you must complete the setup procedure. Setting up the Ubiquiti router is a difficult task and a noob is more likely to face errors during the whole process. Well, if you have encountered errors regarding the Ubiquiti router setup then do not worry as in this section I have compiled a complete guide that will help you during the setup procedure.
All you need to do is to follow the steps which I have mentioned below:
- Step – 1: Place your Ubiquiti router and modem at a safe spot in your house.
- Step – 2: Connect your modem to your Ubiquiti router by using an ethernet cable.
- Step – 3: Check if the LED lights of your modem are turned on or not.
- Step – 4: Connect your router with your device. Use a LAN (ethernet) cable for this purpose.
- Step – 5: Start your device and open your web browser. In the address bar enter the default IP address for Ubiquiti router and proceed.
- Step – 6: Add the necessary details in the login page and you will be prompted to the settings dashboard of your Ubiquiti router.
- Step – 7: In the settings homepage you will see a welcome message along with the Basic Setup wizard. Run the Basic Setup wizard.
- Step – 8: In the Basic Setup Wizard you will find all the necessary tasks such as connecting to the internet, enabling of firewall, setting up a local area network and much more. Configure these settings.
- Step – 9: After configuring the settings make sure to Apply the changes.
- Step – 10: When you have done the settings configuration then reboot your Ubiquiti router.
This is how you can set up your router just by following a few simple steps.
Ubiquiti Router Password Change
If you change the default password for your Ubiquiti router then no one will be able to get access to the WiFi network of your Ubiquiti router. This measure will help you to make your Ubiquiti router more secure and protected from the attack of invaders.
The default usernames and passwords for almost every router are available on the internet. If you don’t change your default login credentials then anyone can do it by simply accessing your router Ubiquiti router’s WiFi network using the default login details.
To prevent such situations it is recommended to take an on-time action. Follow the steps below to change the password for your Ubiquiti router:
- Step – 1: Log in to your Ubiquiti router’s settings dashboard by using the login guide mentioned above.
- Step – 2: After accessing the control panel, search for the settings option and click on it.
- Step – 3: In the Settings tab you will see an option named Wireless Networks. Click on it.
- Step – 4: In the next page, the default username and password for your Ubiquiti router will be displayed. Click on the edit button to modify them.
- Step – 5: When you have finished modifying the default username and password then click on the apply button to save the settings.
Ubiquiti Router Port Forwarding
The Below guide will help you to forward ports on your Ubiquiti router in some easy steps.
- Firstly, assign a new IP to your device.
- Use the Ubiquiti default gateway 192.168.1.1 in a browser and press Enter to go to the login page.
- In the login section, type default username of Ubiquiti router (ubnt) and default password (ubnt) and press Enter.
- Click on the Firewall / NAT link.
- Click on the Port Forwarding link.
- Click on the Add Rule link.
- Enter the same port number in both Original and Forward-to Ports fields.
- Select the protocol type by clicking on the Protocol dropdown list.
- In the Forward-to Address field, type your device IP address.
- Type a name in the Description box.
- Click on Apply to save modifications.
- Cable One Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Zhone router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Allo Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- SmartRG Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
How to Reset the Ubiquiti Router?
Resetting your router reverts all the settings of your Ubiquiti router back to the defaults. Sometimes, the reset process is effective to solve many problems regarding the router network, etc. But if in case if you have forgotten the login credentials of your Ubiquiti router then you can perform a reset on your router in order to start from zero.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to do that.
- Step – 1: Locate the reset button on your Ubiquiti router. The reset button is tiny in size and it is located on the rear side of the Ubiquiti router.
- Step – 2: Press and hold the reset button for 20 to 30 seconds. Use the sharp edge of a paper clip or a pin for this purpose.
- Step – 3: Release the reset button when the LED lights of your Ubiquiti router start blinking.
After a few seconds, your Ubiquiti router will be reset successfully. Make sure to configure the settings of your router from the start so that it can work properly.