The SmartRG router provides high performance and good flexibility for broadband and IPTV subscribers. The router is designed with the ease of deployment in mind. In order to attain a good speed from your SmartRG router, it is recommended to configure your router manually. For that purpose, logging in to the settings dashboard of your router is necessary.
The login process is quite easy and straightforward. In this article, you will learn how to login to the settings dashboard of a SmartRG router just by following a few simple steps. Also, you will get to know about the settings configuration and the setup process for the SmartRG router.
How to login to the SmartRG router?
The control panel for the SmartRG router is the place where all the necessary information regarding your router is stored. In order to configure your router, you need to get access to the control panel of your SmartRG router. And, for this purpose, all you need is:
- SmartRG router
- Access to the default network of your router
- A website browser
Following are the instructions that you need to follow in order to login to your SmartRG router.
- Step – 1: Connect your device to your router by using an ethernet cable. You can also use a wireless connection but an Ethernet cable is much preferred because in this way your connection is not interrupted.
- Step – 2: After connecting your device, start it, and open the web browser.
- Step – 3: Enter the default IP address for SmartRG router in the address bar and hit the enter key. The default IP address for SmartRG router is 192.168.1.1.
- Step – 4: A login page will be displayed on the screen of your device, where you will be asked to enter the default username and password for your SmartRG router. If you do not have any idea regarding the login credentials of your router, then use these.
Default Username: admin
Default Password: admin
- Step – 5: Now, click on the login button and proceed.
After a few seconds, you will be redirected to the default settings page of your SmartRG router.
SmartRG Router SetUp
If you are facing errors while setting up your SmartRG router, then follow this guide till the end. In this section, you will learn how to set up your SmartRG router without facing errors. So if in case you are stuck somewhere in the setup process then by following these instructions you can overcome the problem easily.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to set up your SmartRG router:
- Step – 1: Place your SmartRG router at a safe spot in your home.
- Step – 2: After that connect your router with your modem by using an Ethernet cable.
- Step – 3: Now, when you have finished establishing a connection between your modem and router then again use an ethernet cable and plug it into your device and your SmartRG router.
- Step – 4: Open your web browser and then enter the default IP address for your SmartRG router in the address bar.
- Step – 5: Log in to the settings dashboard of your SmartRG router.
- Step – 6: In the settings homepage, click on the Advanced Setup. And after that click on WAN Services.
- Step – 7: In the WAN Services section you will see an Edit option. Click on it.
- Step – 8: Now, enter your username and password in the PPP username and PPP password section. You will receive your password and username at your email address that you have used during the modem installation.
- Step – 9: Scroll down and check the following:
- Retry PPP password on authentication error
- Enable Firewall
- Enable NAT
- Step – 10: After that click on the Next button.
- Step – 11: Leave the DNS Server Configurations as it is and click on the Next button.
- Step – 12: Now, click on the save/apply button to save these settings.
This is how you can set up your SmartRG router just by following a few simple steps.
SmartRG Router Reset
If in case you have forgotten the default login credentials for your SmartRG router or if you have mistakenly broken the SmartRG home network then the only solution left for you is to reset your SmartRG router back to the factory defaults.
To start your router from zero you need to perform a 30 30 30 hard reset. Before starting the reset process remember that all the previously made configurations will be wiped out.
Follow the steps below to reset your SmartRG router.
- Step – 1: First of all, you need to locate the reset button on your SmartRG router. The reset button is located on the backside of your SmartRG router. In some cases, the reset button is labelled with a mark.
- Step – 2: Now check if your router is powered on.
- Step – 3: If your router is turned on then press and hold the reset button for over 30 seconds.
- Step – 4: While holding the reset button, unplug the power cord of your router and wait again for 30 seconds.
- Step – 5: While still holding the reset button turn on the power button and wait again for 30 seconds.
After that, your router will reboot automatically.
- Suddenlink Arris router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Medialink Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- CellSpot Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Midco Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
How to change the password for SmartRG Router?
Changing the default password for your SmartRG router is quite helpful. This is because, if you modify the password for your router then the router’s WiFi network becomes more stable and protective.
If you don’t change the default password then anyone out there can access your router’s network by simply searching for the default username and password over the internet. Imagine if your employee uses your WiFi without your permission? Sounds weird right? To prevent all these situations, follow the step by step guide mentioned below so that you can make your SmartRG router secure.
- Step – 1: First of all, login to the settings dashboard of your SmartRG router by following the instructions which I have mentioned above.
- Step – 2: After getting access to the settings homepage, click on the Quick Setup button and proceed.
- Step – 3: In the quick setup option, you will see the landing page.
- Step – 4: Now, in the next page you can change the default username and password for your SmartRG router by typing the relevant information in the required fields.
- Step – 5: Make sure to save the settings when you are done changing your default login details.
This is how you guys can reset the default login credentials for your SmartRG router. If you have any questions or queries then do let me know in the comments.