Zhone Technologies is a leading provider of high-performance network equipment for both residential and commercial applications. Their line of routers is designed to deliver fast and reliable connectivity to homes and businesses. The Zhone router is a popular choice for its ease of use and advanced features that make it an ideal solution for users with varying levels of technical expertise.
The Zhone router control panel is the web interface where all the necessary settings regarding your Zhone router are stored. So in order to modify your router or to make changes to its wireless network, you need to get access to the control panel of your Zhone router.
Following is a set of detailed instructions that will help you to:
- Log in to your Zhone router
- Set up your Zhone router
- Configure your Zhone router
- Reset your Zhone router
So let’s start.
How to login to the Zhone router?
Logging in to the Zhone router’s settings dashboard is an easy process, all you need is:
- A Zhone router
- Access to the wireless network of your Zhone router
- A website browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc)
Now note down the following details because these will help you during the login process:
Default IP Address: 192.168.1.1
Default Username: admin
Default Password: admin
Now follow the steps mentioned below in order to start the login process.
- Step – 1: First of all you need to connect your device with your router. You can use a wireless connection or a wired one. A wired connection is much recommended because if you use it then there are no chances left to get interrupted.
- Step – 2: Now start your device and open your web browser. In the address bar type the default IP address for Zhone router. The default IP address for Zhone router is 192.168.1.1. After that hit the enter button.
- Step – 3: Within a few seconds you will be redirected to the login page where you will be asked to enter the default username (admin) and password (admin) for your Zhone router.
- Step – 4: Click on the login button and proceed.
After a few seconds, you will get access to the settings dashboard of your Zhone router, where you can change and configure your settings as per your wish.
How to set up the Zhone Router?
Setting up a Zhone router is an easy process but sometimes it turns out to be difficult as well. You may face several problems during the setup procedure.
Usually when you buy a brand new Zhone router then the company sends an agent whose main aim is to help you while setting up your router but if that is not the case then you don’t need to get worried as you can perform the setup process by yourself without even facing any sort of error.
In this section, you will learn the complete setup process for Zhone router. Follow the steps mentioned below in order to make the process error-free.
- Step – 1: First of all, connect your modem to the power supply.
- Step – 2: Establish a connection between your modem and your router by using an Ethernet cable.
- Step – 3: Now, check if the front lights of the modem are turned on or not.
- Step – 4: Connect your device (laptop or computer) with your router by using an ethernet cable. Plug one end of the ethernet cable in the router and the other end with the device.
- Step – 5: Check if everything in your equipment is set up or not.
- Step – 6: If you want your Zhone router work properly then make sure to install the mentioned Line Filter for all the devices in your home.
- Step – 7: Open your web browser and enter the default IP address for your Zhone router in the address bar. Hit the enter key.
- Step – 8: Enter the essential details on the login page and proceed.
- Step – 9: After accessing the homepage, run the setup wizard.
- Step – 10: Follow the on-screen instructions and modify your router’s network.
How to change the password for Zhone Router?
If you want your router to work properly, then it is necessary to pay attention to the security of your Zhone router. The Zhone router comes up with good security settings but still, they need to be modified.
Whenever you buy a new router it is by configured by the company on the default login details. The default username and password for any router are available on the internet and one can find out your router’s default password easily. To prevent additional problems, it is recommended to modify your router’s default login details.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to do that.
- Step – 1: Open your web browser and type the login details of your Zhone router in the address bar.
- Step – 2: Log in to the settings dashboard of your router by fulfilling the required fields on the login page.
- Step – 3: After getting access to your wireless router’s settings dashboard go to configuration and then search for the wireless option and click on it.
- Step – 4: In the wireless tab click on the security option.
- Step – 5: Here you will see the default username and password for your Zhone router written in lowercase letters. To change the details simply remove the old ones and type the new ones.
- Step – 6: After modifying the default username and password for Zhone router, click on the Save button to apply the changes.
Zhone Router Port Forwarding
Here is the guide on how to forward ports on your Zhone router.
- Firstly, assign a static IP to your device.
- Type the default gateway of the Zhone router 192.168.1.1 in the browser and press Enter.
- Use the default username of Zhone router (admin) and default password (admin), and press Enter to log in to it.
- Click on the Advanced Setup option.
- Click on the NAT option.
- Click on the Virtual Servers option.
- Click on the Add link.
- Tick the Custom Service radio button.
- In the Custom Service box, enter the name.
- In the Server IP Address, type your device IP address.
- For single port forwarding, type the same port number in both External and Internal Port boxes.
- Pick a protocol from the Protocol dropdown list.
- Click on the Save / Apply link.
- CellSpot Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Allo Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- SmartRG Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Suddenlink Arris router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
How to Reset the Zhone Router?
If in case you have misplaced the login credentials for your Zhone router or if you are facing any network issue which is not solving then the last option that can help you out is to reset your Zhone router to its factory default by using the generic 30 30 30 hard reset method.
Remember that if you perform a hard reset on your Zhone router then all the previously made configurations will be lost and you have to configure them again. Well, that’s not a lengthy process. Follow the steps below in order to perform a hard reset on your Zhone router.
- Step – 1: Locate the reset button on your Zhone router.
- Step – 2: Check if your Zhone router is powered on, if yes then press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds by using a paper clip or a pen.
- Step – 3: Unplug the power cord of your router and wait for another 30 seconds.
- Step – 4: Turn on the power button of your Zhone router and wait until 30 seconds for your router to turn on.