If you ever faced the error “This video is not available in your country” on your screen then you must wonder about the possible ways to fix it. This error is mainly seen by users while watching and exploring videos on some popular sites like Youtube, etc.
Half of the population in every country depends on YouTube in order to watch videos, but what if the country’s government blocks some videos? In major parts of the world, the government blocks some videos on popular sites due to some valid security reasons.
Those videos are either prohibited by the country’s government or either by the owner himself. They block videos by simply blocking the IP address of the corresponding country. Sometimes, Youtube may also choose to prohibit videos in some regions in order to follow the laws or policies.
Fix “This video is not available in your country” Error
YouTube has the option to block videos in your region. But it is possible to watch those videos even if they are not available in your country. The following are some ways which are very helpful to fix the area restriction error on YouTube
1. By Using Proxy (VPN Extensions / Web Proxy)
Proxy Service is one of the best and most used solutions for the error “This video is not available in your country”. By using a proxy you can unblock websites as well. When your computer requests for a particular video while using the proxy server, then the server receives your request and bypasses the restriction by mapping your IP address with other non-restricted country’s IP addresses.
Then you become able to access the video and receive data as well. Following are the two possible ways to unblock Youtube videos by using the proxy sites:
- VPN Extensions for browser
- Web Proxy or Proxy Servers
2. VPN Extensions for browsers
VPN Extensions for browsers always proved to be very helpful in unblocking the blocked content such as specific youtube videos, websites, and other such things. You can use the extensions mentioned below in order to watch restricted youtube videos in your area.
Hole is a well-known extension that is capable of changing your IP location and hence, you can access the restricted videos. One of the best things about this extension is that you can use it for free without even paying extra bucks. Now let’s take a look at the important steps for using Hola.
- First of all, download the Hola extension for your browser (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox)
- Now, if you face the error “This video is not available in your country” then simply open the URL of the video in which you are facing trouble.
- Now, click on the Hola extension icon, you can easily find it near the bookmarks bar.
- After clicking the extension, you will see flags of different countries there. You can select any of these countries such as the United States or any other of your choice.
- After that, reload the page on which you encountered the error and you will see that it is fixed now.
3. By using VPN apps
Youtube can easily track your IP address and thus, it blocks the video by identifying the IP address of your country. In order, to see the blocked videos you need to hide your IP address, doing this will fool the Youtube server and thus the site will not be able to view your videos. In this way, you can explore the internet easily and also, you can access your favorite videos as much as you can.
You can use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) app but it must be installed on your device. You can download the best VPN app from the play store. Following is a checklist of some of the best VPN apps that you can use for your device.
- Express VPN
- Fast Secure VPN
- Finch VPN
- Hotspot Shield VPN
- Flash VPN
- OpenVPN Connect
- OpenVPN for Android
- VPN Viatun
4. Access by using Proxies
Difference between a proxy server and a VPN is that VPN requires downloading while in case of a proxy server, you don’t need to download any app or additional packs. You can get access to blocked videos and websites by using a proxy server. Following is a list of some proxy server sites which are free of cost even though VPN services are paid.
- Just Unblock It
- Canada Proxy
- England Proxy
- US Proxy Server
- Free Singapore Proxy – Remove Web Filters
- Fast School Proxy Site Server
4. Other Methods
Another simple trick for unblocking Youtube videos is to modify the URL of the video. If you want to perform this simple method then follow the steps below:
- Step – 1: Open a video that is unblocked in your country.
- Step – 2: After opening the video, copy the URL of the blocked video and replace the /watch?v= with /v/.
- Step – 3: By performing this simple trick, you can access the video without any errors and interruptions.
Q1.Why are some Youtube videos not available in my country?
Some youtube videos are area restricted because video owners or the government of that area has chosen to make the video content available in some specific areas only. They may block the video due to several security reasons.
Q2. How can I download an unavailable video?
- Open the Youtube app/website in your device.
- Look for the video which is restricted in your area.
- Click on the share icon and copy the link for the video
- Go to ytcutter.com and paste the link there, after that click on the download button.
Q3. What is ProxFree?
Proxfree is a free proxy site that helps you to bypass internet restrictions such as censorship and blocked content. You can access blocked websites by Proxfree as well.
Q4. How can I change the country on Youtube?
- Sign in to your account and after that open youtube on your device.
- Now, click on My channel and then head towards the Video Manager screen.
- Select Advanced and after that select channel.
- Now in the area selection type United States.
Q5.nIs it legal to use a VPN to bypass regional restrictions?
It depends on your location and the laws governing VPN usage. In most countries, using a VPN to access content that is not available in your region is legal, but it is always recommended to check the laws in your area.