Kik is an online platform that offers free messaging services and it is very popular in some areas. This app is simple and easy to download in order to do chatting, video, and sharing media with your friends.
This app is also used to perform various functions like other social media apps. But a drawback of Kik messenger is that even if you cancel your account then it is not permanently closed. You will continue to receive messages which might prove to be irritating. However, in this article, I will tell you the methods which are very effective in deleting Kik account permanently.
Kik provides you with two ways to deactivate your account which proves to be very confusing. But the difference between the temporary and permanent deletion of Kik account is that after deleting it permanently you will stop getting messages from the app and your account will be permanently deleted. To make the whole process smooth for you, this article will clearly explain how to deactivate and delete Kik account permanently.
- 1 How to deactivate Kik account?
- 1.1 How to delete Kik account permanently?
- 1.2 How to permanently delete Kik messages/media history?
- 1.3 FAQs
How to deactivate Kik account?
If you want to deactivate your Kik account then I have provided the step by step guide below. Follow these steps and you will be able to delete your account for a temporary period of time.
- Step – 1: Go to this page http://ws.kik.com/deactivate. Here you need to type in your email address that you have used during the registration of the Kik account.
- Step – 2: Check your mailbox, you will receive an email from the Kik official team in which you will get the deactivation link for your account.
How to delete Kik account permanently?
In case, if you want to delete your Kik account permanently then you will lose access to all of your chat data, friend’s details, and your username as well. Moreover, you will not be able to register your username once you have deleted your account.
In order to delete your Kik account permanently on your device, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step – 1: Open the Kik app on your device.
- Step – 2: Select your account and then opt for log out.
- Step – 3: Now, enter your email address there, Kik will send you an email shortly.
- Step – 4: Open the mailbox and click on the email that you have received from Kik, in that mail give a reason why you are deleting your account and after that click on the Go button.
The other method for the deletion of Kik account is to go the Kik account deletion page and there you will be asked for your email address. After that, you will need to follow the on-screen instructions.
How to permanently delete Kik messages/media history?
It is a difficult task to delete all the data of your Kik account permanently in one click only. If it is urgent to delete all your data then I have figured out some quick ways to perform this task easily.
If you are an iPhone user then dr.fone – Data Eraser is a perfect one-click solution. With a few simple steps, you can easily erase your data such as messages, media like pictures and videos etc, from Kik.
dr.fone – Data Eraser
This app is only available for iOS users and it is capable of permanently removing all the media traces from your Kik account. Other functions of this app include:
- It is capable of removing all the junk files in order to speed up the device.
- It helps to manage large files on your device and free up other unused data in order to manage space.
- It is capable of deleting data of third-party apps, such as Kik, Whatsapp, Viber, etc.
Delete kik Messages using Dr.fone Data Eraser
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to permanently delete Kik messages, media, or any other sort of data/information by using dr.fone – Data Eraser.
- Step – 1: In order to delete your data permanently you need to install dr.fone – Data Eraser. After you have finished installing dr.fone – Data Eraser, launch it in your iOS device.
- Step – 2: In this step, you will need to connect your iOS device to your PC by the help of a USB data cable, then from iOS device screen mark the connection as trusted. Soon dr.fone will recognize your device and it will display several options like erase data or free up space. Here you need to proceed with the Erase Private Data option because we are going to delete your Kik account’s data permanently.
- Step – 3: Now, select the area which you want to scan then after that use the start button to move further and to examine the iOS device accordingly.
- Step – 4: After dr.fone -Date Eraser finishes the scanning, preview the data in the scan result and after that select the type of data which you want to get deleted. It could be messages, images, videos, or any other sort of information after that click on the “Erase” button.
- Step – 5: In order to complete the deletion process, you will need to confirm that you really want your Kik account data to be deleted permanently. For this purpose, type “000000” in the confirmation box, and click the Erase now button.
Note: Sometimes the deletion might take a bit more time and also, your phone will get restarted during the process but there is no need to get worried about it because it is under the process and the restarting will not disconnect it.
Soon you will receive a confirmation message on your phone’s screen that your Kik account is deleted permanently.
- Also Check:
How to delete Credit Karma Account?
- How to delete Dice Account? (All methods)
- How to Delete Your Musical.ly Account Permanently
What happens when I delete my Kik account?
When you delete your Kik account then nothing will happen only you will not receive any message or email from Kik.
Do deactivating means deleting Kik messages?
If you temporarily deactivate your Kik account then you will not receive messages or emails from Kik for a short period of time. Moreover, during this period no one will be able to search your username. Anyone who is in your contacts list will no longer have your name in it. Permanently deleting your account means that you have no option left to recover all these.