Medialink routers are manufactured by the famous and well-known company Medialink. The router is a dual-band wireless router that provides its customers with the best speed and internet settings. The owner of the Medialink router is allowed to make changes to the router settings. Modifying the settings will help you to get better internet speed along with good network coverage.
In case if you are unfamiliar regarding how to perform the settings for your Medialink router then you are absolutely at the right place. In this article, we will talk about how to login to a Medialink router.
The Medialink router’s control panel is the place where all the important settings regarding your router are stored. You need to get access to this control panel in order to change your router’s default settings.
You can log in to the settings dashboard of your Medialink router easily. But before you get started, make sure to have a look at these requirements mentioned below.
- Medialink router
- Access to the wireless network
- A website browser
Now, follow the steps mentioned below in order to start the login process.
- Step – 1: First of all, turn on your router and connect it to your device. You can perform this task by using a wireless connection or by simply using a wired connection. A wired connection can be established by using an Ethernet cable.
- Step – 2: After connecting your device, start it, and open your web browser.
- Step – 3: Click on the address bar and there type the default IP address for your Medialink router. The default IP address for the Medialink router is 192.168.8.1. If this IP address is not working at your side then you can use 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.10.1. Hit the enter key.
- Step – 4: Now a login page will be displayed on your screen. In this page, you have to enter the default username and password for your Medialink are given below. You can use these:
Default Username: admin
Default Password: admin
- Step – 5: After entering the default username and password click on the login button and proceed.
After a few seconds, you will be redirected to the settings dashboard of your Medialink router, where you can make changes to the wireless network of your Medialink router.
Changing the default username and password for Medialink routers is an effective step to secure your Medialink router. The default login details for any router are available on the internet. One can search and find out regarding your login username and password for your Medialink router. Also, there are chances that they may access the network of your Medialink router and change the password.
If you want to prevent all these situations then you should change the default login credentials for your Medialink router. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Step – 1: First of all login to the settings dashboard of your Medialink router.
- Step – 2: After getting access to the settings dashboard, search for the advanced settings option. This option is usually located on the top of the menu bar.
- Step – 3: In the advanced settings, click on the Wireless settings and then click on the Wireless Basic settings.
- Step – 4: In the Wireless Basic settings search for the Network Name (SSID) option. Click on it and fill in the required details to modify the SSID.
- Step – 5: Now, after changing your network name, you need to enable the WPA2-PSK encryption on your Medialink router. Because this is the strongest security standard available for WiFi routers.
- Step – 6: Enter a new pre-shared key for your network. This will be declared as the default password for your Medialink router. Make sure to choose a strong network key with a combination of upper case, lower case, and numerals as well. It is recommended to choose a network key ranging from 16 to 20 characters.
- Step – 7: Click on the Save button to save the settings you have just made.
This is how you can reset the default username and password for your Medialink router. After saving the settings restart your modem and Medialink router. Test your wireless devices by connecting them to the wireless network of your Medialink router in order to check if the change was successful or not.
Have you bought a new Medialink Wireless router but don’t have any idea how to use it? If yes then read this section till the end because here, I have compiled a step by step guide which will help you to set up your Medialink router easily.
If you are stuck somewhere in the setup process then you will surely get help from this guide. All you need to do is to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step – 1: Place your modem and router at a safe spot in your house.
- Step – 2: Connect your modem to the power supply.
- Step – 3: Connect your Medialink router with your modem by using an ethernet cable. Plugin one end of the ethernet cable with the modem and the other one with the router.
- Step – 4: Again use an ethernet cable to connect your device with your Medialink router.
- Step – 5: Check the front lights of your modem.
- Step – 6: Now, start your device, and open your web browser.
- Step – 7: Type the default IP address for your Medialink router in the address bar.
- Step – 8: Enter the default network name and password for your Medialink router in the required fields when prompted to the login page.
- Step – 9: Log in to the homepage of your Medialink router.
- Step – 10: Here you will see a welcome message along with a setup wizard command.
- Step – 11: Run the setup wizard, and click on the Next button.
- Step – 12: Follow the on-screen instructions and continue with the setup wizard.
- Step – 13: Configure your router and save the settings.
This is how you can set up your Medialink router just by following a few steps.
- CellSpot Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Midco Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Brighthouse router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Synology router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
If you have misplaced the default login details for your Medialink router or if you are facing network issues with your Medialink router then it is recommended to perform a 30 30 30 hard reset on your router.
In a hard reset, your router reverts back to its default settings and all the manual made configurations are lost.
Follow the steps below to reset a Medialink router:
- Step – 1: Locate the reset button on your Medialink router.
- Step – 2: Check if your router is powered on.
- Step – 3: Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds. You can use a pen or a paper clip for this purpose.
- Step – 4: While holding the reset button unplug the router from the power supply and again hold it for 30 seconds.
- Step – 5: While still holding the button, turn on the power of your router and wait for 30 seconds until it reboots.
This is how you can reset your Medialink router.