How to login to a Medialink router?
The Medialink router’s control panel is the place where all the important settings regarding your router are stored. You need to get access to this control panel in order to change your router’s default settings.
You can log in to the settings dashboard of your Medialink router easily. But before you get started, make sure to have a look at these requirements mentioned below.
- Medialink router
- Access to the wireless network
- A website browser
Now, follow the steps mentioned below in order to start the login process.
- Step – 1: First of all, turn on your router and connect it to your device. You can perform this task by using a wireless connection or by simply using a wired connection. A wired connection can be established by using an Ethernet cable.
- Step – 2: After connecting your device, start it, and open your web browser.
- Step – 3: Click on the address bar and there type the default IP address for your Medialink router. The default IP address for the Medialink router is 192.168.8.1. If this IP address is not working at your side then you can use 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.10.1. Hit the enter key.
- Step – 4: Now a login page will be displayed on your screen. In this page, you have to enter the default username and password for your Medialink are given below. You can use these:
Default Username: admin
Default Password: admin
- Step – 5: After entering the default username and password click on the login button and proceed.
After a few seconds, you will be redirected to the settings dashboard of your Medialink router, where you can make changes to the wireless network of your Medialink router.
Medialink Router Default Username & Password: How to Change?
Changing the default username and password for Medialink routers is an effective step to secure your Medialink router. The default login details for any router are available on the internet. One can search and find out regarding your login username and password for your Medialink router. Also, there are chances that they may access the network of your Medialink router and change the password.
If you want to prevent all these situations then you should change the default login credentials for your Medialink router. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Step – 1: First of all login to the settings dashboard of your Medialink router.
- Step – 2: After getting access to the settings dashboard, search for the advanced settings option. This option is usually located on the top of the menu bar.
- Step – 3: In the advanced settings, click on the Wireless settings and then click on the Wireless Basic settings.
- Step – 4: In the Wireless Basic settings search for the Network Name (SSID) option. Click on it and fill in the required details to modify the SSID.
- Step – 5: Now, after changing your network name, you need to enable the WPA2-PSK encryption on your Medialink router. Because this is the strongest security standard available for WiFi routers.
- Step – 6: Enter a new pre-shared key for your network. This will be declared as the default password for your Medialink router. Make sure to choose a strong network key with a combination of upper case, lower case, and numerals as well. It is recommended to choose a network key ranging from 16 to 20 characters.
- Step – 7: Click on the Save button to save the settings you have just made.
This is how you can reset the default username and password for your Medialink router. After saving the settings restart your modem and Medialink router. Test your wireless devices by connecting them to the wireless network of your Medialink router in order to check if the change was successful or not.
How to Set up a Medialink Router?
Have you bought a new Medialink Wireless router but don’t have any idea how to use it? If yes then read this section till the end because here, I have compiled a step by step guide which will help you to set up your Medialink router easily.
If you are stuck somewhere in the setup process then you will surely get help from this guide. All you need to do is to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step – 1: Place your modem and router at a safe spot in your house.
- Step – 2: Connect your modem to the power supply.
- Step – 3: Connect your Medialink router with your modem by using an ethernet cable. Plugin one end of the ethernet cable with the modem and the other one with the router.
- Step – 4: Again use an ethernet cable to connect your device with your Medialink router.
- Step – 5: Check the front lights of your modem.
- Step – 6: Now, start your device, and open your web browser.
- Step – 7: Type the default IP address for your Medialink router in the address bar.
- Step – 8: Enter the default network name and password for your Medialink router in the required fields when prompted to the login page.
- Step – 9: Log in to the homepage of your Medialink router.
- Step – 10: Here you will see a welcome message along with a setup wizard command.
- Step – 11: Run the setup wizard, and click on the Next button.
- Step – 12: Follow the on-screen instructions and continue with the setup wizard.
- Step – 13: Configure your router and save the settings.
This is how you can set up your Medialink router just by following a few steps.
Medialink Router Port Forwarding
This guide will assist you in forwarding ports on your Medialink router.
- First and foremost, assign a static IP to your device.
- Put the default gateway of your Medialink router 192.168.0.1 in the browser and hit Enter.
- Type the default username of your Medialink router (admin) and default password (admin) and hit Enter to log in to it.
- Click on the Virtual Server option.
- Click on the Port Range Forwarding link.
- For single port forwarding, type the same port number in Start and End Port boxes.
- In the To IP Address box, type the IP of your device.
- Use the Protocol dropdown list to pick a protocol type.
- Mark the Enabled field box.
- Click on Apply.
- CellSpot Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Midco Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Brighthouse router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Synology router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
How to Reset a Medialink Router?
If you have misplaced the default login details for your Medialink router or if you are facing network issues with your Medialink router then it is recommended to perform a 30 30 30 hard reset on your router.
In a hard reset, your router reverts back to its default settings and all the manual made configurations are lost.
Follow the steps below to reset a Medialink router:
- Step – 1: Locate the reset button on your Medialink router.
- Step – 2: Check if your router is powered on.
- Step – 3: Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds. You can use a pen or a paper clip for this purpose.
- Step – 4: While holding the reset button unplug the router from the power supply and again hold it for 30 seconds.
- Step – 5: While still holding the button, turn on the power of your router and wait for 30 seconds until it reboots.
This is how you can reset your Medialink router.
Q1. How do I update the firmware on my Medialink router?
To update the firmware, download the latest version from the Medialink website and then log in to the router’s web interface. Navigate to the firmware upgrade section and follow the prompts to install the new firmware.
Q2. How many devices can be connected to my Medialink router at once?
The number of devices that can be connected to the router depends on the router model and specifications. However, most Medialink routers can support multiple devices and have a maximum number of simultaneous connections. Check the router’s user manual or specifications for more information.
Q3. Can I set up parental controls on my Medialink router?
Yes, most Medialink routers have parental control settings that allow you to restrict access to certain websites or set schedules for internet usage. Log in to the router’s web interface and navigate to the parental control settings to configure them.
Q4. How do I check the status of my Medialink router?
To check the status of your router, log in to the web interface and navigate to the status page. From there, you can see information about the router’s current connection status, network activity, and more.
Q5. Can I use my Medialink router as a repeater?
Yes, some Medialink routers have a repeater mode that allows them to extend the range of an existing wireless network. Check the router’s specifications or user manual to see if it has this feature and how to set it up.