Pace router is amongst the best routers that can do just that if you are looking for the best routers that can provide you with a super-fast, reliable, and secure internet connection. It has the reputation of serving as the best internet router that has the ability to provide high-speed, secure, and stable internet connectivity.
Pace router emerged as one of the top-rated routers featuring DOCSIS 3.0 to support various devices. This router is an advanced networking device that can be easily installed by yourself or your network provider. It includes a modem, router, wireless access points, and a firewall. Moreover, it provides support for ADSL, ADSL2, and ADSL2+ technology. Featuring four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, 802.11 wireless networking, and voice capabilities, this device is a go-to choice that you can have for your home or business.
This article will cover Pace router login, setup, reset, and defaults, and will provide a step-by-step guide to install it by yourself. So without any further explanation, let’s get started;
How to Login to Your Pace Router?
To fix or made any configuration in your router, you interact with it using a web interface. And interacting with it, you must log in to it. Logging in the process provides the security to keep your network safe and prevent an unauthorized person from accessing it.
If you own a Pace router and want to login to it, you will need an IP address, username, and password of your router. You can find this information on your product manual. But if you don’t have the manual of your Pace router or don’t want to read the entire manual to find these details, you can find this information on the back of your Pace router. To log in to your Pace router, you will need;
- A computer with a browser
- An internet connection is either a wireless or LAN network (Ethernet connection is recommended for a smooth login to your Pace router and prevent the sudden logging off while saving your changes)
- Default IP address of your Pace router
- Default Username and Password of your Pace router
Now that you have gathered all the above-stated details, you are ready to log in to your Pace router. To do this, you need to follow these instructions;
- Open the browser from your computer.
- Type the default IP address of your router in the address bar of the browser and press the Enter key from your keyboard to access the Pace router’s web interface. The majority of Pace routers use a default IP address like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254.
- If the IP address is correct, you will be prompted to another window, if not, you can track your Pace router default IP address by viewing the manual or looking at the back of your Pace router, as the majority of routers have this information there.
- Now that you are prompted to the next window, which will ask you a username and password to log in to your Pace router web interface. Type the username and password of your router and press the Enter key from your keyboard. The majority of Pace routers have a default username as admin and default password as the
- If the username and password you have typed are correct, you will be prompted to a new window where you can see all the Pace router settings. If not, then it means you have typed the incorrect username and password. To find the default username and password of your Pace router, you can view its manual or look at the back of your Pace router as the majority of routers have this information there.
How to Change the Default IP Address of Your Pace Router?
The LAN IP address of a router can also be called as the internal IP address. This IP address is used when you want to interact with your router to make configurations. The internal IP address of your Pace router is only useful inside your network and has no use for internet connectivity.
Every router features two IP addresses known as internal IP address and external IP address. One which is assigned to your router by default is the internal IP address. An external IP address is one that is assigned to you by your network provider, which isn’t something that you can change. The Internal IP address, which is set to the factory’s default value, can be changed if you want.
To get started to configure your Pace router, you are required to log in to your Pace router. If you are already signed in, then you can skip this step. To change your Pace router IP address, you need to follow these instructions;
- Log in to your Pace router, and if you are already logged in, then skip this step.
- You will see a page displaying all the settings of your Pace router. Click on the Basic option, which can be found on the right side of the screen in your router’s web interface.
- Click on the Setup option under that. This will carry you to another page where you will see network configuration and IP address options.
- Go to the IP address box and enter the IP address of your choice into the required boxes. It is a good idea to keep the last digit of your IP address as 1 or 0 because it is easy to remember.
- Make sure that the Subnet Mask is set to 255.255.255.0 because it is important to keep it as it is.
- Click on the Apply option to save your settings.
How to Change your Pace Router’s Default Wireless Name and Password?
The security of your network is vital, and with default settings, it can be accessed by any unauthorized person. If you want to save yourself from typing random alphanumeric characters, each time you log in to your network, then it is time to change your default username and password.
The default username and password of your Pace router assigned to you when you purchase a brand new router. It usually printed on the back of the Pace router, so you don’t lose it. You need this information when you log in for the first time to your router to configure your network settings.
A network name can also be known as SSID or Network ID, while the password can be referred to as Network Key or Security Key. If you want to change your Pace router’s default username and password then you can easily do this by following these instructions;
- Launch the web browser from your computer and type the default IP address of your Pace router, which can be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254
- Now you will be prompted to a page that will ask you for username and password. Type the default credentials of your Pace router and hit the Enter key from your keyboard to login to its web interface.
- Now you will be prompted to the web interface of your Pace router. Navigate to the Settings tab
- Click on the LAN tab.
- Select the Wireless option
- You will see a box containing the default SSID of your network. Type the name of your choice for your network in the box.
- Now go to the Custom Wireless Key box and type a new wireless key of your choice in the given box.
- Now click on the Apply button to save your changes.
Changing your Pace router’s default username and password is a straightforward process once you know where to find these options. You can assign a name and password of your choice to your network, which should be easy to remember but hard to guess.
How to Setup Your Pace Router?
Setting up your Pace router by yourself is an easy process. Setting up your Pace router, you will need the following components;
- A Pace router of course
- Power adapter
- Ethernet cable
How to Set up a Wired Network to Your Pace Router?
Now that you have all the components mentioned above, you are ready to set up your Pace router. Below is a step-by-step guide to set up the Pace router that you need to follow;
Connect the power adapter:
- The power adapter transfers the power to your Pace router. You need to use the power adapter that comes with your package when you buy a new router because it fulfills your router’s power requirements. Connect one point of your power adapter to the power port of your Pace router.
- Plugin the other end of the power adapter to an electric socket.
- Wait until your Pace router turns on and turns the light to steady green.
Connect the broadband interface through the Ethernet port:
- Connect one point of your Ethernet cable to the blue Ethernet port labeled as WAN on your Pace router.
- Connect the other point of your Ethernet cable to the broadband port or Ethernet wall socket.
- After your Pace router recognizes the connection, the broadband light will turn to steady green.
Connect your computer to your Pace router:
You can easily connect your wired devices, such as computers, gaming console, or printers to your Pace router using a LAN Ethernet cable. To do this, you will need to follow these instructions;
- As your Pace router features four LAN Ethernet ports, you can connect your devices through a wired connection to your Pace router. Connect one point of your LAN Ethernet cable to any of the yellow LAN ports on your Pce router.
- Connect the other end of your LAN Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your wired device of which you want to connect to your Pace routers, such as a computer, gaming console, or printer.
- After your Pace router detects the connection, it will blink the Ethernet light to green and then start blinking when your wired device will start communication.
Pace router allows you to connect up to four wired LAN Ethernet devices using its four LAN ports. To connect more wired devices to your Pace router, you can follow this very same process.
How to Reset Your Pace Router?
IF your internet is running slow or you encounter login problems to your Pace router or have forgotten your wireless password, these, and for various other reasons, you have an option to reset your router, which will roll it back to its factory settings. Resetting your router shouldn’t be your priority unless you had tried all the methods to solve your internet issue because it will wipe out all the changes you have made to your router over time.
So, if you are sure about that and want to reset your Pace router to its default factory settings, you can do this in a straightforward way. To reset your Pace router to its default factory settings, you need to follow these instructions;
- Locate the reset button on your Pace router. The reset button usually located at the backside of the router so that you can find it there.
- As the reset button is located inside a tiny hole, you will need a paper clip pin or any other similar object to press it. While the router is on, press and hold the reset button with the help of a paper clip pin or any other object for 10 to 15 seconds.
- While still pressing and holding the reset button of your Pace router, unplug the power cable of your Pace router from the electric socket and wait for five seconds.
- While still pressing and holding the reset button, plug the power cable back into the electric socket and leave the reset button.
- Wait until the lights of your Pace router gets a reboot, and the lights on the router turn on.
- Now you have successfully reset your Pace router to its default factory settings.
Now you need to navigate to your router through typing its default IP address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254 in your web browser and log in to it using its default username as admin and password as a password to make the changes you want to your Pace router and network.
If you are looking for a router to set up a network for your home or business, you should go for Pace router because of its incredible features, including high-speed, reliable, and stable internet connectivity. The router is easy to set up and can be configured easily as well.
If you own a Pace router and in the hunt of a step-by-step guide that can help you with login, set it up by yourself, or reset, then this article is for you. It covers almost all the things you need to establish a network while using a Pace router. If you found this article helpful, you can comment below to share your thoughts with us.
- Vonage Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- 2Wire Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Sonicwall Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Rock Space Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
Below are some most asked questions by multiple users;
Q: Should I buy a Pace router for my home network?
Ans: yes, if you want a high-speed, reliable, and stable network connectivity, then you should buy a Pace router. It is easy to set up and provides safe and secure network connectivity.
Q2. How do I set up my Pace router?
Connect your modem to the router’s WAN port and power it on. Connect your computer or mobile device to the router via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. Open a web browser and follow the setup wizard on the router’s web-based configuration page to configure your network settings.
Q3. How do I reset my Pace router to its default settings?
Locate the reset button on the back of the router. Press and hold the button for 10-15 seconds until the power LED starts flashing. Release the button and wait for the router to reboot. The router will be reset to its default settings, including the default login credentials of “admin” for both the username and password.
Q4. How do I change the Wi-Fi password on my Pace router?
Log in to the router’s configuration page and navigate to the Wi-Fi settings. Look for the “Wireless Security” or “Wi-Fi Password” section and enter a new password. Save your changes and reconnect your devices to the network using the new password.
Q5. What are the default login credentials for my Pace router?
The default username and password for most Pace routers are both “admin”. However, some models may use a different default password. Check your router’s user manual or contact your ISP for more information.