Vonage is a private business cloud communication provider. The headquarter of the company is in New Jersey and initially started as a residential telecommunication service based on VoIP, which is stands for Voice over Internet Protocol.
Among its other services, the Vonage router is one of the best router available in the market. The router has the ability to connect up to two lines using high-speed DSL cable internet connections. In return, customers can make phone calls on the web and save a few bucks on international phone calls.
Vonage router kit package includes a Vonage Linksys RT31P2 router with three switched Ethernet ports and two phone ports. Moreover, it also includes;
- Network cable
- Power adapter
- Registration card
- Instant installation card
- User guide along with a setup CD
- Vonage phone plan and support details
Vonage router users will require to provide a high-speed internet connection (DSL or cable) and a touch-tone phone. Linksys offers a three-year warranty for the router.
Vonage router enables users to connect up to three computers and two fax or telephone machines. It can function with any touch-tone phone, which can be cordless or corded. All of these internet telecommunications share a single internet connection through which users can also make backups, share a printer, and perform other personal activities.
If you have a Vonage router and want to set it up, then this article is for you. We will guide you step-by-step of how to log in, setup, reset, and defaults.
- 1 How to login to your Vonage router?
- 2 How to connect your Vonage router to an existing modem?
- 3 How to connect your Vonage router to a pre-existed router?
- 4 How to apply basic settings to your Vonage router?
- 5 How to reset your Vonage router?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQ
How to login to your Vonage router?
If you want to log in to your Vonage router, then the first thing you need to know is your Vonage router IP address. The default IP address of the majority of Vonage routers is 192.168.15.1 and 192.168.0.100. The IP address is required to access your Vonage router web interface to make configuration.
To access the Vonage router web interface through logging in to the router, you will need the following components;
- Vonage router
- Access to the internet through a wireless or a LAN connection. (Lan connection is recommended for a smooth login process)
- Any web browser
After having your Vonage router IP address now, you are ready to log in to your Vonage router. To log in to your router, you have to follow these easy steps;
- In order to reach the setup section of your Vonage router, you are required to connect to its network. So get connected to its network through a wireless or LAN Ethernet cable.
- Launch any web browser from your computer and enter your Vonage router’s IP address in the address bar of your Vonage router and press Enter. The majority of Vonage router use a default IP address 192.168.15.1. If it doesn’t work, you can search your IP address through searching your router model.
- It will carry you to another window asking you for a username and password. The majority of Vonage router uses a default username as “router” and default password as “router.” Type these credentials into the given field and press Enter.
- That’s it, now you are login to your Vonage router web interface, and you can configure anything you want on your device.
How to connect your Vonage router to an existing modem?
If you want to connect your Vonage router to a pre-existed modem, then you have to follow these simple instructions;
- Turn off the pre-existed modem by unplugging the power cable.
- Keep your pre-existed modem connected to the DSL line that connects you to an internet connection.
- Unplug the pre-existed Ethernet cord, which connects your modem to your system or router and plug into the yellow port on the Vonage router phone adapter.
- Take the Ethernet cable supplied by Vonage router package and connect its one end to the blue port on your Vonage router and the other port of the Ethernet cable to the modem’s LAN port.
- Plugin the power of your modem to turn it on
- Wait about 15 to 20 seconds and then connect the Vonage router power supply to the orange port and connect the plug point to a socket.
- Wait until the telephone LED on the top of the Vonage router turns into blue.
- Connect your phone cable to the green phone one port on the V-Portal phone adapter.
How to connect your Vonage router to a pre-existed router?
If you want to connect your Vonage router to a pre-existed router, then you have to follow these instructions;
- Connect and Ethernet cord to your router
If the port is available on the router then;
Connect one end of the Vonage-supplied Ethernet cord into the blue internet port on the Vonage router phone adapter. Connect the other point of the wire into an unused port on your pre-existed router.
If the port is not available on the router then;
You can select to connect to your pre-existed modem or can follow below steps to free up a port;
Method 1: Disconnect a pre-existed Ethernet cord from the router connecting to your system and connect that point to the yellow LAN port on the back of your Vonage router.
Method 2: Connect the one point of the Vonage-supplied LAN cable to an unused port on a pre-existed router and plug the other point into the blue LAN port on your Vonage router.
- Connect your Vonage router’s power supply to the orange port and connect the plug point into a power socket.
- Wait until the telephone LED on the top of your Vonage router turns into blue.
- Connect your phone cable to the Green phone 1 point on your Vonage router phone adapter.
How to apply basic settings to your Vonage router?
If you want to apply basic settings to your Vonage router, then below are some easy steps that you can follow;
- First of all, log in to your Vonage router web interface.
- You should see an option of Basic Settings. Specify the internet connection type between DHCP, Static IP, and PPPoE.
- Click on the Connect to Internet option.
- DHCP is the default connection type and used by the majority of cable providers. With DHCP, the dynamic IP address is designated to a user by their cable provider, so no further configuration is required.
- Some cable suppliers use static IP addresses. In this case, a static IP address is designated to a user, and they are required to update this setting to provide the IP address, default gateway, subnet mask, and DNS addresses.
- Configure your LAN settings as per your preferences
- Change the default password for your network.
- Click on the Save and Import Configuration to save your settings.
How to reset your Vonage router?
If you are facing any issue to access the router web interface by IP address; the username and password are not matching; you want to remove all the previously stored settings; or the performance fo your router isn’t as good as you are expecting, then maybe it is time to reset your Vonage router to its default settings. Resetting your router will resolve all the problems you are facing and roll back all the settings to its factory settings. If you want to reset your Vonage router, then you are required to follow these steps;
- Locate the reset button of your Vonage router. Generally, the reset button of the majority of Vonage routers is located at the back of the router.
- Now that you have located the reset button, you need a paperclip or any other similar object to push the reset button.
- Now you are required to press and hold the reset button using a paperclip or any other similar object for up to 20 to 30 seconds until the reset process is completed.
After the reset is completed, all the settings applied to the network and the connection must be reconfigured. Upon the resetting, your Vonage router will restart and will be disconnected from the connection when the factory settings are reloaded. You can then log in to the web interface using its default IP address and credentials to reconfigure the network.
Vonage is one of the well-recognized brands, and the Vonage router is among the best routers for a reliable, superfast, and consistent network connection. If you have a Vonage router or Vonage box and want to set it up by yourself, then you can see the above stated step-by-step guide that will help you to set up your Vonage router comfortably.
- 2Wire Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Sonicwall Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Rock Space Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Realtek Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
Below are some most asked questions by multiple users;
Q: What do you mean by the Vonage adapter?
Ans: A Vonage adapter is an ATA that connects traditional phones to a Vonage VoIP service, and you can use a high-speed internet and existing phones for Vonage phone service.