Today is the age of social media trends. People follow trends if we talk about the trend that has grabbed the attention of a lot of teenagers and youngsters that is is going to be none other than “musical.ly”. There will be a very few youngsters around you who haven’t got an addiction to it. But as we all know, trends are short living. They come and go. There comes a time when you want to delete your social account or hide your personal information from the people around you. If you want to delete musical.ly account permanently, just follow these simple steps.
To begin with, Musical.ly is a trending app related to social media which has successfully grabbed the attention of nearly 100 million people around the globe. It is a social media app which freely allows you to create, watch and share videos just with a click of your phone. There is yet a lot more to come of it. Musical.ly gives a feeling of relief in the busy schedule of your daily life.
In this age of social media, privacy has been a major issue, from Facebook to Snapchat, you are pretty much concerned with your privacy and you should be. The same is with musical.ly, you might consider your privacy an issue to consider, as your every information can be accessible to people. It is not only popular among adults but among the kids too, due to which parents are worried about their children and the reason is the videos that are being shared on the musical.ly arent properly censored and not appropriate for their kids.
So, if you have finally decided that you are going to delete your musical.ly account. I should tell you that you can handle your privacy concerns by hiding your information on your musical.lly account.
How Can You Hide your Musical.ly Account
You don’t need to delete your musical.ly account to protected. You can hide your personal information of your account simply by following these step which I am going to tell you below :
Step1. Open the musical.ly app on your phone.
Step2.Now go to setting of musical.ly.
Step3. Make your account invisible simply by changing the settings.
Now there will be 3 options available depending on you how you want to hide your account.
Instead of permanently deleting your musical.ly account you can hide your personal information of your account by following the steps given below:
Step1. Open your musical.ly app on your android phone.
Step2. Tap or select the gear icon ie, choose “settings”.
Step3. Now, hide your account by making it invisible and unrecognizable.
You will be provided with 3 criteria to hide your account:
- Only your friends can direct.ly you (Select it by making it Green)
- Don’t want to tell people about location, Select the hide option.
- Just an account which relates only to you, Make it Private by selecting the private option.
Step4.In this case, my suggestion to you is to change your username to something random that is not recognizable, Just Go to “Edit Profile” section of the settings.
Step 5. So, you just made your account, you can uninstall or delete the musical.ly app from your device now.
And in this way, you hide your account on the musically, instead of permanently deleting it.
Want To Delete Your Musical.ly account Permanently?
When you go to the delete account section in the settings of the musical.ly , it shows you a screen that prompts a message “We are in the process of adding a feature that allows users to delete their accounts.” , but you can still delete your account.
There are two ways to delete your musical.ly account, the best way is to delete your musical.ly account by using a website which I am going to mention below. Just follow these steps.
Step 1. Open your browser on your PC or mobile phone and go to this given URL.
Step2.Now, a screen “how we can help ” shows up, select “product feedback”, just below the heading how we can help.
Step3. Choose between the platform you are using, iOS or platform.
How to delete your musical.ly account by sending a mail
This is the second method where you can delete your account through sending an email to the musical.ly customer care service.
Follow these simple steps.
Step1.Open the email account which is registered with your musical.ly account.
Step2.Draft an email and send it to the email address [email protected]
Step3. In the subject of the email, write “REQUEST TO REMOVE MY ACCOUNT”
Step4.Now in the writing section, write the reason due to which you want your musical.ly account deleted and deactivated, and send it.
This is the way to tell the musical.ly customer care service to delete your account, you will receive a reply from them within a short time stating that your account has successfully been deleted.
Do you want to know how the musical.ly collects your information and keeps your privacy?
If not, then let me tell you how they maintain your data.
These are the types of information musical.ly collects :
- Personal Information: The information is collected by the musical.ly like your email address, if you are using Google, Twitter or Facebook credentials to log in to musical.ly account, they access the information available on the public record.
- They can also access your profile pictures, usernames, likes, comment, videos, and shares.
- It also gathers all the content that you post of the musical.ly app.
- Musical.ly app collects your sent, received and composed messages.
- The messages which you have sent to various users, how these users use these messages is not the responsibility of the musical.ly app.
- Location Information: By allowing the musical.ly app, it collects your location as well. You can also hide your location in the settings available with the apps.
- Cookies and automatic data collection: Musical.ly stores the information generated automatically while you use it, including your preferences and data statistics.
Musical.ly collects your information and uses it in the following ways:
- Internal and service-related usage: The service collects your information and provides it to the third party apps so they improve their services.
- Communications: They can also use your email address and may send you emails regarding their latest updates and the customer support service including promotions and other services.
- Aggregate data: They may also use the information related to you and use to for a lawful purpose.
The steps I mentioned above was the best solution to your problem or delete musical.ly account permanently from iPhone, Android, and computer also. I tried my best to cover all the method and information that you need while deleting your account.
Still, have questions or queries about deleting musical.ly account, just comment your question and I will reply you as soon as possible.
- How to Quickly Delete Kik Account Permanently? [All Methods]
- How to delete Dice Account? (All methods)
- How to delete Credit Karma Account?
How do I delete old musical ly without password 2019?
On the top right corner of the page, tap on the Privacy and Settings option . Click on “Manage My Account”. Then, click on “Thinking about removing your account?” . Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to delete your musically account completely.