Do you want help regarding login to your Asus router? Or maybe you just need to change some settings in your Asus wireless router? Whatever is the reason but we know that you need to access your Asus router in order to perform several functions accordingly.
Let’s move to our main topic without wasting more time.
How to Login to Asus Wireless Router?
In order to log in to your Asus wireless router, you need to connect your computer to the wireless router with the help of an ethernet cable. After you have done this follow the steps which I have mentioned below:
Step – 1: First of all, if you want to login to your Asus wireless router then, you need your default IP address which is commonly known as the default gateway. Many people don’t know about their router’s default IP address. So, the default IP address for Asus wireless router is 192.168.1.1.
Step – 2: Now start your device and open your browser like if you have internet explorer Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox then open any from these.
Step – 3: Left click on the address bar and type 192.1 68.1.1 after that press enter.
Step – 4: Now you see a small box that will ask for username and password.
Step – 5: Type your username and password there. If you don’t know what is the username and password for your Asus wireless router then use the following combinations.
if these combinations don’t work for you then try the following
Step – 6: After you have entered your default username and password then you will see a sign-in button there. Click on that button and then you will be redirected to another page where you can access all of the settings of your router.
In case, if you don’t get access to the router setup page then please reset your Asus wireless router. Once you reset your Asus router it will be e at default factory settings.
How to Setup the Asus Wireless Router?
In order to set up your Asus wireless router follow the steps below:
Step – 1: Please make sure all the cables related to the wireless router are plugged in and firmly inserted. I will recommend you to use a wired connection to set up the QIS.
Step – 2: To log in to the web GUI, open your web browser and navigate to the device configuration page by typing wireless router default IP address that is 192.1 68.1.1 or simply type http://router.asus.com into your address bar.
Step – 3: Type a new password twice and then click next.
Step – 4: Enter the network name SSID and the network key for the wireless router. Make sure to add 5G to the 5Ghz network names.
Step – 5: Now click the ‘Apply‘ button.
Step – 6: Click Next.
Step – 7: If you are performing this setup on your wireless router and you changed your network name and password, you will need to connect to the new network name SSID and enter the password in order to connect to the internet.
How to reset the Asus wireless router?
Resetting Asus wireless router can be a little different from resetting any other wireless router. Many people reset the router when the router doesn’t work or when they face trouble while connecting different devices with the wireless router.
Resetting a router will erase all the settings from the wireless router and it will revert back to factory settings. Follow the steps below if you want to reset your Asus router.
First of all, we will try the soft reset for Asus wireless router. In case, if this method doesn’t work then we will go for the hard reset.
So let’s try the soft reset method first.
- Check your modem if it is already connected with the Asus Router. (Through the yellow cable)
- Now connect your Asus wireless router to your computer using the Ethernet cable. (Through the blue cable).
- Now open any browser on your device and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar or use this link to go there.
- From there you will be asked for your username and password. Please type the following combinations in the required sections.
- After you have logged into your Asus wireless router, please go to the administration and click reset option in order to reset Asus wireless router
- Now once you have reset your router you can set up your Asus router with default settings.
If this method helps to fix your problem with the Asus router then do let me know. But if, in case, it did not work properly try following the hard reset method which is mentioned below in step by step series.
- First of all, find a tiny paper clip or pen at the back of your wireless router.
- Now power on your Asus wireless router.
- Tap on the Reset key at the back of your Asus wireless router.
- Keep holding the Reset key for over 30 seconds. Wait till all the lights on your router start blinking then leave the key and restart your router and modem.
Your Asus router has been reset to the default factory settings. You can now set up your router again.
- After you have done setting up your router, then don’t forget to restart all your devices.
- In case, if you restart the Asus router please change the SSID (Network Name) and password.
- After you have logged in to your Asus router then you can change the settings as per your wish.
Some Other Router Logins:
- Linksys Router Login
- Netgear Router Login
- AT&T Router Login [Settings, Password, IP]
- Sagemcom Router Login [Reset, Settings, IP]
How do I find my Asus router username and password?
Open your web browser and in the address bar, enter https://192.168.1.1, https://192.168.0.1, http://192.168.0.2, or http://10.0.0.1 depending upon the individual configuration. The default username for Asus router is admin and the default password is admin.
The reset button is generally located on the back or on the bottom of the router. Tap and hold the reset button on your router until the power light of the router starts to blink, after that release the reset button. The router will reset all the settings and restart automatically.