Arris TM1602A is one of the most used and most popular router available out there. If you have one and want to set it up at your home or workplace, then this article is for you. Through reading this article and a step-by-step guide, you will be able to log in comfortably, set it up, reset, and use defaults setting of your Arris TM1602A router.
Arris TM1602A router is one of the best routers out there, and some of its features include;
- It is cost-efficient and will save you more than a few bucks.
- It also provides you better quality than the device supplied by your internet provider.
- The design of the router is also nice, and its black color makes it so sleek.
- Arris TM1602A router itself is so compact and can fit in your set up so well.
- It is compatible with all the mainstream internet service providers, and your equipment should be compatible with your service provider, or else it will not work.
- Arris TM1602A has a simple setup, and you haven’t required to spend any money to install it.
How to log in to your Arris TM1602A router?
To log in to your Arris TM1602A router, you need to have an IP address of your device, as well as a username and password. If you have just bought your device, then you can find these details in the manual of your device. If you don’t have the manual, often, these details are also mentioned on a label sticking at the back of your Arris TM1602A router.
Getting access to the Arris TM1602A router login page, it is required that you are connected to the router through a Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable connection.
To login to your Arris TM1602A router, you will need the following components;
- Ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi connection to connect to your Arris TM1602A router
- A web browser to get access through entering the IP address of your device
- And of course, an Arris TM1602A router.
Now that, you have all the above-stated components, you are ready to log in to your router by following these easy steps;
- Launch your web browser from your computer or laptop
Generally, the default IP address of a majority of the Arris TM1602A routers is 192.168.100.1.
- Write 192.168.100.1 in the browser’s address bar to get access to the login page.
- If the default IP is correct, you will be redirected to a window asking you for a username and password. If not, then you should check the IP address from your device manual or the label sticking at the back of your Arris TM1602A router.
- The default username for Arris TM1602A routers is “admin,” and the default password is “password.” Type username as admin in the username box and password as the password in the password box.
- Hit enter. If the credentials are validated, then you will be redirected to the user-interface, where you can make changes as per your preferences. If the credentials are not correct, then you should check the manual of your Arris TM1602A router, or find these details on the back of your router.
- Congratulation, now you have successfully logged in to your Arris TM1602A router’s user interface.
How to change Arris TM1602A router default password?
If you want to change the default password of your Arris TM1602A router, then you can do this by following these steps;
- Launch a web browser
- Write 192.168.100.1 in the address bar of your web browser.
- Hit enter, and you will be redirected to the login page of your Arris TM1602A router.
- Type username and password
- Hit enter, and you will be entered in the user setting page
- Go to the Security Settings option and look for preshared key
- Change the password as per your preferences
- Remember to note down the new password on a page and keep it somewhere safe.
- Reboot your router by shutting down your system and unplug the router cable from the socket.
- Plug it back and turn on your computer
How to reset your Arris TM1602A router?
If your internet is running slow than usual, it may be time to factory reset your Arris TM1602A router. Going back to factory settings of your Arris TM1602A router can make a significant difference in your network performance. Arris makes it straightforward to reset its devices in two separate ways.
Method 1: Reset using the reset button
The majority of the Arris router can be reset easily by using their reset button.
- Look for the reset button on your Arris TM1602A router. You will find it at the back of your router. If not, then look for your device manual, and it will have a diagram of your router to outline each component.
- When you find the button, press, and hold it for at least 20 to 30 seconds, for this purpose, you can use a paperclip pin or any other similar object.
- Wait until the reset process is completed.
Method 2: Reset using the web interface
The second way to reset your Arris TM1602A router is by using the web interface.
- Login to your Arris TM1602A router
- Go to the section of Utilities or Security
- Click on the Factory Reset option
- This process will reset your router to its default settings
- Wait for a few minutes until the reset process is completed
Arris TM1602A Router Port Forwarding
If you want to forward ports on Arris TM1602A router, below is a guide on how to forward ports on Arris TM1602A router.
- First of all, access your arris TM1602A router’s management section, using its default gateway, which is 192.168.100.1 in a web browser.
- Now login to your Arris TM1602A router, using its default login credentials. Arris TM1602A default login credentials are;
Arris TM1602A Default Username: admin
Arris TM1602A Default Password: password
- Now you are logged in to your Arris TM1602A router’s management page, Locate the Firewall option.
- In the Firewall tab, click on the Port Forwarding or Virtual Servers option.
- Click on the Add option.
- In the Inbound Port type 80 to 80.
- In the Format option, select TCP.
- Type the Static IP address of your computer or device you want to forward ports to in the Private IP Address box.
- Click on the Add Virtual Server option.
- You will now see the new HTTP Server in the list.
A good router is absolutely essential if you wish for a reliable, fast, and stable internet connection because it transmits digital traffic to an internet connection.
When we talk about telecommunication equipment, Arris is a well-recognized company. Its products are recognized to be great inside out equipped with the latest technology and beautiful design. Buying a router is a one-time investment, and you don’t have to think much about paying rent every month. The Arris TM1602A router offers better quality than the device provided by your service providers. The design of the router is also nice if you have an Arris router than you can set it up easily by following the above-stated instructions.
- Sonicwall Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Rock Space Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- DirecTV [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- How to Fix a Hacked Router: All-in-One Guide
Below are some most asked questions by multiple users;
Q: How can you update Arris TM1602A router firmware?
Ans: You can update your Arris TM1602A router firmware very easily. First of all, find the Status tab on the router setup page and then select Router Upgrade from the drop-down list. Now press the browse option and select the file to upload it. Choose the file saved on the system. Now the firmware upgrade window will appear.