Zoom routers are amongst the best and most reliable devices available in the market. These routers come with a four-port switch that enables the sharing of 3G, 4G, LTE, DSL, and LAN services through wireless and Ethernet devices. Plug a 3G or 4G USB modem, Android or iPhone smartphones, DSL, or cable modem into the router and computes, smartphones, laptops, and other Ethernet and wifi devices can access the internet.
These routers cover an extensive coverage area of up to 950-plus feet outdoor and 300-plus feet indoor depending on the environment. Zoom router can run at a maximum speed of up to 150 Mbps, featuring one WAN port for interface to a cable modem or DSL, four-port Ethernet switch, and a single USB 2.0 port for a 3G or 4G modem or tethering phone. With Zoom routers, you can enjoy seamless internet connectivity, improved network performance, and peace of mind knowing that your network is secure and protected.Both LAN and wireless routing with security can be included in a DSL or cable modem through an Ethernet WAN port. When connected to a wired or cellular broadband, the router offers auto cellular backup to the wired connection.
Moreover, the router also has the ability to deliver an improved cellular data connection where the signals are week. Simply put, the router and a tethered smartphone or a cellular modem where the signals are strong. Then the router will complete the connection to a local wireless device via an extended range wireless-N.
These Zoom routers come with an extensive list of advanced features, and some of them include;
- Robust firewalls
- DHCP Server
- VPN pass-through
- Quality of service
- Support up to 250-plus client devices
The router also supports an extensive range of internet service connectin protocols that include 3G, 4G, LTE, PPTP, DHCP, and more. All of these can be set up comfortably through these router’s in-built browser interface and a setup wizard.
Zoom router box includes the following components;
- 3G-4G wireless-N router
- Power adapter
- Quick guide
- Ethernet cable
- User manual CD in English and Spanish
If you are using a Zoom router or planning to buy one and set it up by yourself, then below, we will guide you step-by-step- about how to log in, setup, reset and troubleshoot some common issues. So let’s get started.
How to Login To Your Zoom Router?
The Zoom routers’ web interface is the control panel for the router where all the settings are located and can be stored and saved. If you want to access your Zoom router’s login page and want to make changes to your network, then you will need to login to the router’s web interface.
Below are the requirements to access your Zoom router web interface;
- A computer with a web browser
- Access your network through WAN or Ethernet cable (though LAN connection is recommended for a smooth login process)
- And of course a Zoom router.
Now that you have all the above-stated things, you are ready to login to your Zoom router’s web interface to make changes to your network.
- Make sure that you are connected to the router: In order to access the setup section of your Zoom router, you are required to connect to its network. To connect to its network, you can use an Ethernet cable or connect through a wifi connection.
- Launch the browser from your computer: Now, if you are connected to your router’s network, then n launch the browser from your computer and type the default IP address of your router in the address bar of the browser and press the Enter key from your keyboard. The majority of Zoom routers have a default IP address as 192.168.1.1. If you are unable to connect through this IP address, you will need to search the default IP address for the specific router model.
- Type Username and Password for the router: After typing the default IP address of your router and pressing the Enter key, you will be prompted to another window, which will ask you for a username and password to log in to your Zoom router’s web interface. The majority of Zoom routers use a default username as “admin,” and a default password is “password.” Type these credentials in the given fields and press the Enter key from your keyboard. If these credentials don’t work, you can look for the username and password of your Zoom router at the back of the router.
- After logging in to your Zoom router’s web interface, you are ready to make any changes to the network.
How to Change the Default Settings of Your Zoom Router?
It is necessary to change the default settings for your Zoom router to make your network secure and prevent unauthorized persons from accessing your network. In order to do that, first of all, you will need to change your network’s default SSID and pre-shared key.
Change your Zoom Router’s SSID and Pre-Shared Key
You will require to follow these easy steps to change your Zoom router’s SSID name and Pre-Shared key to make your network safe and secure from unauthorized access attempts.
- Launch the web browser from your computer and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of the browser
- Press the Enter key from your keyboard
- You will be prompted to another window, which will ask you for a username and password. Type the default username and password for your Zoom router. The default username for the majority of Zoom routers is admin, and the default password is password. Type these in the required fields and press the Enter key from your keyboard. If these credentials don’t work, you can find the correct credentials at the back of your Zoom router.
- You will be prompted to a new window where you should see all the settings of your network. Go to the Wireless option from the top menu.
- Click on the Primary Network option on the left and in a text box labeled Network Name or SSID.
- Type the SSID Name of your choice. It is recommended to keep your SSID name short and simple.
- In order to change the wireless network security, set all the dropdown menus that include WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, and WPA2-PSK to disable.
- Now select the mode you choose for setting wireless security. It is recommended for you to use WPA-PSK and WPA-2-PSK if you use a pre-shared key, and WPA and WPA if your network utilizes a radius server.
- In the WPA Pre-Shared Key box, you will need to type a password of your choice, which can be long up to eight characters. Type the password, note it down on a paper, and put it in a safe place where you can find it quickly when required.
- Press the Apply option to save your settings
How to Set Security Using WEP for Your Zoom Router?
WEP wireless security standard should only be used if network devices aren’t compatible with WPA and WPA2. It can be configured in two ways that include 64 and 128-bit. It is recommended to use 128-bit because it provides more security than the 64-bit. In order to do this, follow these easy steps;
- Launch the web browser from your computer.
- Type 192.168.1.1 as a default IP address of your Zoom router, and press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- A login page will open, which will ask you for a username and password. Type the default username admin and default password as the password. Press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- You will be prompted to the main web interface of your Zoom router, where you can see all your network settings. Go to the Wireless option from the top menu.
- Press the Radio option to the left menu.
- Choose the Disable option from the 802.11N Mode dropdown menu.
- Go to the left side menu and press the Primary Network menu.
- Set Disable to all the dropdown menus to change the wireless security.
- Go to the WEP Encryption and select WEP-128 bit from the dropdown menu.
- For the Network Key, you have the choice to either enter your own WEP key or generate the WEP keys automatically and enter these keys in the required field.
- Click on the Apply option to save your settings.
How to Disable Security for Your Zoom Router?
For some reason, if you want to disable the security that you have set up earlier for your Zoom router. You will require to follow these simple instructions to do that.
- Launch the web browser from your computer
- Type the default IP address of your Zoom router in the address bar of the browser and press the Enter key from your keyboard. The default IP address of your Zoom router should be 192.168.1.1.
- Now you will be prompted to the login page of your Zoom router, where you will be asked to enter the username and password to log in to your Zoom router’s web interface. Type the default username and password in the given fields and press the Enter key from your keyboard. The default username and password of the majority of Zoom routers are username admin and password If these credentials don’t work, you can find the default username and password at the back of your Zoom router.
- After logging in, you will be prompted to the main settings page where you should see all the settings related to your network.
- Click on the Wireless option from the top menu.
- Then go to the Primary Network to the left side menu. You will see a text box labeled as Network Name or SSID. Type the SSID name of your choice for your network, which should be short and straightforward so that you can easily remember it.
- Now go to the Primary Network to the left side menu.
- Disable all the menus from the dropdown list
- Click on the Apply option to save your settings.
- Now you have successfully disabled the security of your Zoom router.
How to Reset your Zoom Router?
If you have forgotten your wifi password or login details to log in to your Zoom router’s web interface, then the only option left for you is to reset your Zoom router to its defaults. Resetting your Zoom router to its factory settings means you will lose all the changes you have made earlier to your network. It will wipe out your SSID name, network key, and any other settings that you have made to it. Upon the completion of the reset process, you will need to make changes again to your network, so be ensure before setting your router to its factory settings.
In order to reset your router to its default settings, you can follow these easy steps;
- Locate the reset button, which can be found on the back of your Zoom router. While the router is powered on, you will need to press and hold the button. To do this, you can use a paper clip pin or something sharp because it is located inside a tiny whole.
- While pressing and holding the reset button, unplug the router’s power from the power socket and wait for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- While still pressing and holding the reset button, plug back in the power of your Zoom router in the power socket and wait until the reset process is completed.
This process can be used to reset any router to set it to its factory settings.
Default Settings of your Zoom Router
If you have performed the reset process to reset your router to its defaults settings, then your Zoom router’s defaults should look like this;
- Default SSID Name of your Zoom router: Zoom
- Gateway IP Address: 192.168.1.1
- Default Username: admin
- Default Subnet Mask IP: 255.255.255.0
- Default DNS Server IP: 192.168.0.1
Zoom router devices are one of the best router devices available in the market. These devices are suitable for small businesses and homes. They cover an extensive wireless connectivity range and offers a superfast, reliable, and stable internet connectivity. If you want to log in to your Zoom router or set it up for your home or office by yourself, you can do it easily.
You can use this article as a step-by-step guide to log in to your Zoom router, set it up, or reset it to its defaults by yourself. You can tell us in the comments section if you find this article helpful.
- Pace Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Vonage Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- 2Wire Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Sonicwall Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
Below are some most asked questions by multiple users;
Q: Is Zoom router worth buying?
Ans: Yes, if you want to establish a network for your home or a small office, then you should consider Zoom routers. These routers are features-packed and have many features, including fast internet, cost reduction, wireless security with highest grade protection, and more.
Q2. How do I set up my Zoom router?
Setting up a Zoom router is easy and straightforward. Simply connect the router to your modem using an Ethernet cable, and follow the instructions provided in the router’s user manual to configure your network settings.
Q3. What features do Zoom routers offer?
Zoom routers offer a range of features such as dual-band Wi-Fi, advanced security protocols, parental controls, guest network access, and easy setup and management.
Q4. Can I use my Zoom router with my existing modem?
Yes, you can use your Zoom router with your existing modem. Simply connect the router to your modem using an Ethernet cable, and follow the instructions provided in the router’s user manual to configure your network settings.
Q5. Are Zoom routers reliable?
Yes, Zoom routers are known for their reliability and high-performance. They are built with high-quality components and undergo rigorous testing to ensure that they meet industry standards and provide a stable internet connection.
Leave a Comment