SunPass is a toll collection electronic system in Florida, the U.S. It was created by the Department of Transportation’s Office in Florida for Toll Operations in 1999. It is an innovative Prepaid Toll Program that incorporates the latest technology to be used on Florida’s toll roads and most of the toll bridges. The normal customers have to pay more than the SunPass customers at each of the toll plaza and exits on the Turnpike roads.
You can get to download the SunPass app and create an account to enjoy the convenience of managing your SunPass anytime, just by logging in using your same Account, Transponder Number, and your Username or PIN that is created for online account management.
Most of Florida’s highways are collecting tolls taxes by using electronic technology. Usually, if you drive through the highway without any SunPass, you will be charged through the TOLL-BY-PLATE bill, which you receive through an email.
So that’s why the SunPass system makes traveling on these roads much easier. After getting the SunPass, an electronic transponder gets attached to your windshield, which allows you to drive through a designated SunPass, E-Pass, and the O-Pass lanes without stopping anywhere.
In this way, the tolls are automatically deducted from the prepaid account. So, The SunPass is useful when paying for any parking at some famous places like Miami International, Palm Beach International, Orlando International, Fort Lauderdale International, and Tampa International Airports.
Using the SunPass will let you save 25 cents at each toll location that you cross, making you eligible to pay less than a Toll-by-Plate customer. If you are confused and you are looking to buy where you can get a SunPass, then you need to know that a SunPass transponder can be purchased at 5,000 different locations.
- 1 SunPass Mini
- 2 Sunpass Sign up Process
- 3 SunPass Login Process
- 4 How to Renew SunPass Subscription
- 5 SunPass Customer Services and Support
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQ’s
The SunPass Mini Transponder needs to be mounted inside the windshield of your vehicle, where you have to position it to the right or the left rearview mirror. You need to install the transponder in such a place from where it is prominent, and it should not get crossed with any solar tint strips. Try to keep it at least 2 inches away from the tint strip.
You can purchase your SunPass online very easily for a cost of $19.99 but the mini costs less, or you can get them from CVS Pharmacies, or Public Supermarkets, and other such places like AAA Auto Club South, Sedano’s Markets, Walgreen’s, Amscot, Navarro Discount Pharmacy, etc. The SunPass Mini is available for $4.99, that is mounted to your windshield, and then it won’t come off.
Top 4 Functionalities of SunPass
Once you have attached it to your windshield, the transponder starts to transmit a radio signal to the sensors which are mounted on the toll lanes. In this way, transponder relays the proper toll amount to be charged on the person and then deducts it from your prepaid account. It is beneficial for a user in the following ways.
- It has low toll rates, so each SunPass customer pays the lowest toll rates compared to a normal person available on all of the Florida toll roads, including the Florida Express Lanes and the bridges.
- Another great advantage of using the SunPass is that it also works outside of Florida, and its transponders are easily interoperable with North Carolina’s Quick Pass and Georgia’s Peach Pass. This means that all of these passes are interoperable, and they all can be used on the toll roads of each of these states.
- You can also use your SunPass to pay for any parking anywhere. When you become a SunPass Plus customer, then you are eligible to enjoy the convenience of using the transponder to pay the fee with SunPass it makes it more easy for you to pay for the parking facilities such as the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami as well as the airports of Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Miami
- You can sign up for the Easy Pay automatic replenishment by using your credit card, and you will be able to enjoy the SunPass Plus parking privileges.
Sunpass Sign up Process
To use the facilities of SunPass, you first need to have an account. To sign up with an account, you cant do this process by yourself; you will need to call at 1-888-TOLL-FLA (1-888-865-5352), and you must have a minimum starting balance of at least $10. Then you get registered online.
When you are registering your SunPass transponder, it will ask you to create a low-balance threshold first and add a renewal amount. With starting things getting done, you don’t have to worry about your balance in SunPass getting too low because it will keep on renewing automatically to the amount that you have set.
- The advantage of Automatic balance renewal si that you become a Plus member with SunPass, and it makes you eligible to pay for your parking at the parking spots we have mentioned above. Keep in mind that when your balance is low with the SunPass, then the additional amount for the parking will be deducted from your credit card account.
- First, you are required to set up a SunPass or SunPass Mini account, and you must have a starting balance of at least $10. You can easily set up your account by making a call to 1-888-TOLL-FLA (1-888-865-5352) to get registered.
- If in case you don’t feel comfortable leaving the credit card number in your file, then you can also go online to manually top up the balance on your SunPass or visit the authorized merchant. To make the transactions manually, it will charge you a $1.50 service fee.
SunPass Login Process
If you don’t know how to login to the SunPass and you are looking for a way how to do it, then here is the process of how you can easily make your login into the SunPass online. You just need to go to the official website of sunpass.com and then follow our instructions.
Before making the login attempt, you need to keep some of the things in mind to make login easily.
- You must have access to SunPass Login web Address
- You need a good Internet Browser
- You must be using a device like a computer, laptop, or smartphone with good Internet access.
- You must have an Account, a username, and a transponder number, with a Pin.
After you have fulfilled the requirements, then you can continue with the login steps. Follow the below mentioned step by step process to log in to your SunPass account successfully.
- First of all, you need to visit at SunPass official site at sunpass.com
- Now you will need to enter the account, username, or the Transponder number ( of first 12 digits only), which SunPass assigned to you.
- Then you need to enter your PIN number
- And at the end, you need to click on login now button to access your SunPass account.
How to Renew SunPass Subscription
When you are registering with your SunPass transponder, it will ask you to keep some balance in your account first, which acts as a pre-set renewal amount. Then you are tension free for future because it automatically recharges itself from that balance, and in the future, even if you run out of balance or low balance, then it deducts the remaining account from your debit account or personal account linked with it.
When you finally become a SunPass Plus member, then you can use your SunPass to pay at any parking place by using that transponder. And the deduction of the amount of credit from the account is the same way even if the balance is too low.
SunPass Customer Services and Support
In order to get customer services or support from the org, you should update your account information on the Website, and you can also call the SunPass Customer Service Center at their landline number 1-888-TOLL FLA (1-888-865-5352).
It is located in West Oaks Mall, and the address is: 405 W Colonial Dr, Ocoee, FL 34761, United States. The open hours are at 7 am in the morning.
The SunPass login online web portal is made for those people who have bought the membership with SunPass from their website at sunpass.com. This website is specifically handling the SunPass members in Florida, and it also extends into other states such as Georgia, etc. the passes are interoperable that means that you can use these passes out of Florida too and you don’t have to stop at every toll to pay the tax and then move on to your journey.
You can simply walk right pass through the tolls, and it automatically scans your transponder. Keep in mind that the prepaid toll program is operated by the Department of Transportation to travel in Key West, and also in Orlando, South Beach, or such areas. The charges collected from the Florida tolls are used for the maintenance of the state’s highways and a proper road system for the tourists.
The program supports, and if you are interested in making any questions about the bill payments, then you can get addressed to the 1-888-865-5352 number that is to connect to the SunPass. But before you make any travel or plan to Florida, you will require a SunPass account sign in through which you will have to pay the payments required along the Gulf Coast.
If you already make these payments ready, this will help you to save the time between certain stops. By having the device installed that is the transponder on your vehicle, you will be able to select SunPass lanes, that are an automated system to charge from your account when you travel through the routes, and you don’t need to stop and pay the toll tax.
In this discussion, we discussed about the SunPass that is an electronic toll collection system. We hope that you get complete information about the SunPass and its login process and sign in with its advantages and functionalities.
It is an innovative Prepaid Toll Program that incorporates the latest technology to be used on Florida’s toll roads and most of the toll bridges. The normal customers have to pay more than the SunPass customers at each of the toll plaza and exits on the Turnpike roads. But still, if you have any questions in mind regarding this article, then you can share it using the below comment section box. Or you can send a mail at our given mail, we will respond to you as soon as we could get to you.
- Publix Passport Login – Www.publix.org Login
- Southeastern Grocers Login| Complete Guide
- Shaklee Center Login | Complete Guide
- My Ford Pay Online Login
1. What is the SunPass Transponder Number?
If your connected transponder is not being read or if you are having any problem when driving through the SunPass lanes, and you need any info regarding your problems, then you can make a call on the customer service center of sunpass that is available at 1-888-TOLL-FLA (1-888-865-5352).
2. Where can I stick Sunpass mini?
Usually, the SunPass transponders are very small, and they can be placed in a pocket. They are a small-sized device that is attached inside the front screen of your car that communicates through a radio frequency with the toll and lets it read and clear equip easily. You can stick it under the rearview mirror of your car on the main screen.
3. What is sunpass easy-pay?
SunPass Easy Pay links credit cards adds the funds automatically added to the customer’s account balances by an already pre-set amount whenever the balance gets lower than a pre-established threshold.
4. Where can I pay the SunPass by myself?
There are 3,100 locations statewide through which the drivers can easily pay, including the gas stations, or the convenience stores, and also the check-cashing stores, wireless dealers, and some small grocery stores. You can also go to official website sunpass.com to check a list of locations that can be searched via ZIP code.
5. Where can I put the Sunpass sticker?
You can place the sunpass sticker on the front windshield, where it can be seen clearly at least two inches below from the top. You should also be keen about placing it directly to the left or right of the rearview mirror.