In this article, I will tell you about the most amazing feature of Skype which is Skype push to talk. In this modern era, everyone wants to know about online video communications because in a video communication we can feel the presence of our closed ones and can see each other if someone is far away from us. We can do video calling or communication by using WhatsApp or with other apps. If you are searching for a video communication app then you should definitely use Skype. Skype is one of the best popular apps for video calling. Besides video calling this app also allows you to do communication through text messages or images.
Also Check: How to fix “You Require Permission From TrustedInstaller”
There are many other advanced features of Skype which is Push to talk on Skype.
What is Skype Push to Talk feature?
Skype push to talk is a feature that enables your device into a walkie-talkie whether your device is a mobile or a computer. A walkie-talkie is a device that connects the people within a small circle but push to talk feature of Skype connects people from all over the world.
If you want to use a walkie-talkie but you are not using it because of any reason then skype is giving you this feature. If you use Push to talk on Skype then you will have your own walkie-talkie without even spending a single penny on it.
This feature has a lot of advantages for individual users as well as for organizations.
How to enable Push to Talk feature on Windows?
If you want to enable this feature on your Windows device then follow the step-by-step guidelines below:
Step – 1: Open Skype on your desktop. After installing Skype you just have to find the start menu to open Skype on desktop. If you have not signed in or logged in to your Skype account then do it first.
Step – 2: Now clicking on the Tool Menu. Your app setting will be open in a new window.
Step – 3: Now click on Advanced button on the left-hand panel. You can expand its sub-categories too.
Step – 4: Under the Advanced button click Hotkeys.
Step – 5: Now enable Hotkeys from the top of Hotkeys settings. After enabling this option you can use the shortcut of video and audio calls.
Step – 6: In the list check the Toggle mute(Push to talk) option.
Step – 7: Select the Hotkeys combination for Push to Talk.
Step – 8: Now click on the OK button of blue color. And then click on the Save button.
How to enable Push to Talk on Mac?
To enable this feature on Mac follows the steps below:
Step – 1: Open the Skype application from your Mac operating system. Now login to your account.
Step – 2: Do a random call with someone. (Push to talk feature is hidden in Mac)
Step – 3: Now press Control + Option + Command + Up Arrow Key that will forward you to Push to Talk feature during a call.
Step – 4: If you want to go back to normal mode then click on the mute option of the Microphone.
Thus, by following the above steps you can enable Push to Talk feature in Mac devices.
- How to fix LocalAppHost.exe High CPU Usage Error
- The 5 Best Android Apps For Working From Home
- 6 Best Paranormal Apps for Android and iPhone
What are the benefits of the Skype Push to Talk feature for individual users?
- You can reduce the cost by enabling this feature. Because a group of a large number of users can communicate simultaneously through this feature.
- You can connect with multiple users at the same time. Up to 249 users can connect at a time in a single channel. You just have to push the button on mobile for the communication of a large group of users.
- You can do call management in a good manner. Because all the important contacts of workers and employees are stored in a similar group so that is why you can directly target the group if we want to send any information to them. So there is no wastage of time while sending information to different channels.
- Any kind of device can be used for communication purpose. So that is why it is more flexible to use virtually in any device.
- It increases safety and convenience.
What are the benefits of the Skype Push to Talk feature for Entrepreneurs?
- By using this feature you can coordinate easily a group of large no. of users. If you have any information related to your business then you can send it in to the group of workers. Even you can share every last-minute update.
- Those workers who are in different time zones then we can efficiently handle the communications between them.
- With this feature, you can identify the location of every worker or employee. You can easily know the particular employee’s right place or the right time.
- Anyone can easily involve immediately in any summit whether you are far away or nearer to any summit. You just need to have an internet connection.
- You don’t need to talk on a small call. This is because no one wants to waste their time on short calls. If you want to talk to someone you can just press the button and talk.
Is there a Mute button on Skype?
Yes, there is. You can use this button to mute or unmute your calls. When you are in a Business meeting or call, you might have to mute or unmute your microphone multiple times. You can do this either in the Skype for Business meeting window or on your phone if you call into the meeting (If you are using Lync on your mobile you can also mute or unmute from there).
Make sure to check your microphone before joining a Skype call.
What to do if Skype Microphone is not working?
- If you are facing this problem then Adjust Skype Sound in the Control Panel.
- Head to the Control Panel and click on Sound and Audio Devices
- Go to the Playback tab and check if something is set to mute or not.
- Under the Recording tab, verify that your microphone is checked or not.
Have any questions? If yes then mention them in the comments.
How do I make Skype Push To Talk Windows 10?
In Advanced Settings, click on “Hotkeys,” then enable the option by checking the box “Enable Hotkeys” and clicking “Save” to save your settings. A “push to talk” feature as well as everything else will now be available..
Leave a Comment