The Technicolor TC8305C is a popular modem/router combo that is commonly used to provide internet access in homes and small businesses. This device offers a range of features, including high-speed internet access, Wi-Fi connectivity, and advanced security options. To make the most of these features, users may need to perform tasks such as login, setup, reset, and restore to default settings.
This fully-featured router has the ability to lead the future fo advanced home and small office applications. The router is amongst the most widely used routers, which is matched to historical Arris products standards. In this post, we will guide you step-by-step- about how to log in to your Technicolor TC8305C router, setup, reset, defaults, and other common issues that users face.
Technicolor TC8305C Features
Before we proceed further, let’s know what features does it offer to its users;
- DOCSIS 3.0 compliant designs
- Tuner support two 48 MHz blocks that consist of four bonded channels
- High-Performance wireless alliance with 802.11 wifi access point
- 11n beamforming support
- Built-in 2×3 MMO antenna configuration for optimal throughput and coverage
- WPA and WPA2
- Wireless protected setup
- Singel USB 2.0 support
- Superfast internet through four ports
- Multiprotocol support
- Support for software DLNA, UPnP, and HNAP
- Battery backup for up to eight hours of standby
How to Login to Your Technicolor TC8305C Router?
As mentioned earlier, you can log in to your Technicolor TC8305C router in a similar way you log in to other routers. If you are logging in to a router for the first time, then you can follow the below instructions to log in to it.
Things that you will need;
- Router box ( if you have your Technicolor TC8305C router box, then you can see the default username and password)
- A computer with an internet connection (it will be used to access the web using a browser)
Steps to log in to your Technicolor TC8305C router;
- Open Browser: Open any browser from your computer and type the default IP address (10.0.0.1) in the search bar of the browser and press the Enter key from your keyboard. Make sure that you are connected to the internet connection.
- Type Username and Password: After hitting the Enter key from your keyboard, you will be prompted to another page which will ask you for a username and password. Since it is an Xfinity router, which the Comcast designed, the default username and password will be that same as under
Default Username: admin
Default Password: password
- Type these credentials in the given fields and press the Enter key from your keyboard. If you have changed the default username and password and don’t remember the username and password, then you are required to reset the router to its defaults.
- If the credentials mentioned above are correct, then you will be prompted to another screen displaying all the settings of your Technicolor TC8305C router.
- Changing SSID: When you navigate to the Network tab, it displays multiple network names. These names are known as SSIDs. If you have not changed the default name of your router, then it will be displayed as the brand name, which manufactured the product. You are required to change the default name because if you don’t change it, any unauthorized person can guess the default credentials and log in to your router settings. Changing the SSID name, you should keep it short and straightforward and don’t use personal information.
- Set Log in Details of Your Technicolor TC8305C Router: Now that you have successfully changed the name or SSID of your router, its time to change the default username and password to make your router secure and safe from unauthorized attempts.
- Secure Your Router Settings: To make your router settings secure, you are required to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK, which makes sure that your Technicolor TC8305C router performs at the highest level of security.
How to Set up You Technicolor TC8305C Router?
Setting up your Technicolor TC8305C router is simple. If you want to set it up by yourself, then you need to follow the below steps;
- If you want to connect your system through a wireless connection, then it is required to have a wireless client adapter, or if you’re going to connect through a LAN connection, then it is required to equip your computer with a LAN Interface Card. If you have all these components ready, then you are prepared to start the installation process of your Technicolor TC8305C router.
Follow the below straightforward steps to set up the Gateway;
- Connect the Gateway to the service provider network: To do this, take one end of the coaxial cable and plug it into the cable splitter while plugging the other end of the cable to the Gateway cable port.
- Turn on the Gateway: Take the power cable included with the Gateway and connect the cable’s small end to the power port on the backside of the Gateway. Now plug in the other end of the cable to the electric socket. Wait for a few minutes until the startup is completed.
- Connect the Wired Devices to the Gateway: it is required to have a free Ethernet port on both the computer and the Gateway, and the network device must be configured to obtain an IP address automatically. Now take the yellow LAN cable, which can be found in your router box and plug one end of the wire in the yellow port located in the backside of the Gateway, while plugging in the other end into the LAN port of your computer.
- Now you have successfully connected your device to your network. Follow the same procedure if you want to connect your other devices to the network.
Connect Your Wireless Device to the Technicolor TC8305C
As stated earlier, your Technicolor TC8305C router features 2.4 GHz access point that enables you to connect the wireless devices to your home network. You can connect your wireless devices in two ways;
Connect Your Wireless Device Through WPS
The WPS setup enables you to add new wireless clients to your local network in a quick way without entering any wireless settings. To do this, your client device is required to be compatible with WPS, and your Gateway uses WPA2-PSK encryption or no encryption at all.
Now if you meet all the requirements mentioned above, then you can use the WPS method by following these steps;
- You are required to put wireless clients and Gateway in registration mode by pressing a hardware button.
- Ensure that the WPS button of the wireless client is accessible.
- Navigate to the Admin panel
- Go to the Gateway option
- Press the Connection option
- Press the Wifi option
- Press the Add WPS Client
- Press the Pair option
- Then press the Pair option of the wireless client
Connect Your Wireless Client Manually to Your Technicolor TC8305C Router
For Windows 10 Users
If you want to connect the wireless client manually to your Technicolor TC8305C router, then below are the requirements;
- The network device must have wifi wireless client
- It must be configured to obtain an IP address automatically
Now, if you meet these requirements, then you can connect your wireless client manually to your Technicolor TC8305C router by performing these steps;
- Click on the wifi icon, which you can find in the icon tray area located bottom right corner of your computer
- A list will appear listing all the available wireless networks. Click on the Gateway access point
- A box will open, which will ask you to enter the password key
- You will be prompted to another window, asking you to turn on sharing. Click on Yes option
For Windows 8 Users
- Click on the wireless network icon located in the tray area of your computer at the right bottom corner
- It will display a list of all the available wireless networks. Click on your network access point.
- A box will appear, asking the password (Network Key) of your network.
- Type the password (Network Key) of your network.
- Hit the Next option
- You will be carried to a window asking you to Turn on the Sharing. Click on the Yes option
Connect Wired Devices to Your Technicolor TC8305C Router
If you are going to connect your wired devices to your Technicolor TC8305C router, such as a gaming console or computer, then below are some requirements before you start the process;
- It is required that your network device such as a computer or console and the Gateway must have a free Ethernet port.
- The network device is required to be configured to obtain an IP address automatically.
Now, if your network is fulfilling the above requirements, then you are ready to proceed further by following these instructions.
- Pick the yellow LAN cable, which is included in the package when you buy a new router.
- Plug in one of its ends into the yellow LAN port located at the back of your Technicolor TC8305C router.
- Take the other end of the yellow LAN cable and plug it into the LAN port of your network devices, be it a computer or a gaming console.
- Your network device is now connected to your network. You can use the very same steps if you want to connect your other LAN devices to the network, such as computers, console, or printers, etc.
How to Reset your Technicolor TC8305 Router?
When you are facing a network problem that can not be solved despite trying everything, then resetting a router to its factory setting is the last option you can use. If you forgot your login password and unable to log in to your router, then the only way to get back the log in access is to reset your Technicolor TC8305C router to its default setting. In order to do this, you are required to complete these steps;
- Locate and push the reset button: While the router is still on, locate the reset button located at the back of your Technicolor TC8305C router. To do this, you will need to use a paper clip pin because it will be located inside a tiny hole.
- Hold the reset button: Continue to press in the reset button and hold it for twenty to thirty seconds.
- Reboot the router: Unplug the router from the power socket for a few seconds and then plug back in to reboot the router.
- Log in to the router: When the reboot process is completed, go to the login page of your router using the default IP address and type the default credential.
Technicolor Router Port Forwarding
Below is a guide on how to forward ports on Technicolor router;
- First of all, set a new static IP on your compute or device you want to forward ports to.
- Access the Technicolor login section using default gateway through a web browser. Technicolor default IP is 192.168.1.1.
- Enter the Technicolor login credentials. The default login credentials of the Technicolor router is;
- Click on the Toolbox option.
- Click on the Games and Application sharing option.
- Click the Create a new game or app link.
- Enter any name in the Name box.
- Press the Manual Entry of Ports Map radio button.
- Click Next.
- For single port forwarding, type the same port in both the Top Port and Bottom Port Range boxes.
- Click on Add.
- Click on the option Assign a game or application to a local device link.
- Select the device from the device box you are forwarding ports to.
- Click on Apply.
Technicolor TC8305C router is amongst the most widely used router available in the market. The router is a fully-featured product and suitable for small businesses and homes. Above, we have covered everything about it, including its features, how to log in, set it up, and reset it by your self. If you own a Technicolor TC8305C router and look for a guide that can help you set it up and then configure it yourself, you can follow this article. It will help you set up your Technicolor TC8305C router and configure it on your LAN and wireless devices.
If you want to share any suggestions or ideas regarding the TC8305C router, you can comment below, or if you find this article helpful, let us know in the comment section.
- Arris TG1672G [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Vonage Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- 2Wire Router [Login, Setup, Reset, Defaults]
- Arris TG1682G [Login, Setup, Reset Defaults]
Below are most asked questions by multiple users;
Q1. Is Technicolor TC8305C router is worth buying?
Ans: Because of its unique features, it is among the most popular routers available. If you want to buy a router for your home or if you have a small business and want to set up an internet connection for it, then this is the best router that you can have.
Q2. Can I configure the TC8305C router by myself?
Technicolor TC8305C router can be easily set up and configured. If you have a TC8305C router, you can easily set it up and configure it all by yourself by using its manual or look for a step-by-step guide on the internet.
Q3 . How do I reset the Technicolor TC8305C to its factory settings?
To perform a factory reset, locate the reset button on the back of the device and hold it down for 10-15 seconds. The device will restart and all settings will be restored to their default values.
Q4: What are the default login credentials for the Technicolor TC8305C?
The default username and password for the device are both “admin”.
Q5. How do I set up port forwarding on the Technicolor TC8305C?
To set up port forwarding, log in to the device’s settings using a web browser. Navigate to the port forwarding section and enter the port number and IP address of the device you wish to forward traffic to. Click “save” to apply the changes.