Kodi is a popular open-source media player that allows users to stream their favorite movies, TV shows, and live TV channels. However, sometimes users may encounter the “Playback Failed” error while using Kodi, which can be frustrating. This error occurs due to various reasons, such as an unstable internet connection, outdated add-ons, corrupted cache, or insufficient storage. Fortunately, there are several ways to fix the Kodi playback failed error, and in this step-by-step guide, we will explore some of the most effective solutions.
In this guide, we will cover the most common causes of the Kodi playback failed error and provide detailed instructions on how to fix them. We will start with basic troubleshooting steps, such as checking the internet connection and updating Kodi and its add-ons. Then, we will move on to more advanced solutions, such as clearing cache and resetting Kodi to its default settings. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced Kodi user, this guide will help you resolve the playback failed error and enjoy seamless streaming on Kodi.
How to Remove this Kodi Playback Failed Error
This error makes you frustrated and you don’t know how to fix this problem which comes again and again on your computer screen. Here are the most common issues that come with Kodi Add-Ons is Kodi Playback Failed, Failed with Error Code, One or more items Failed to Play or Check log for More Information. But don’t worry, I am going to tell you today how can you fix this issue.
You would be wondering why this error appears, actually, the cause of this error may be more than one. So let me take you to the solution.
1. Clear the Database and Fix this Kodi playback Failed issue
This error can easily be resolved simply by removing the database files and this Kodi playback Failed message wont appear anymore. Just follow these steps :-
- Open Kodi App and go to settings.
- Now go to File Manger there in the settings.
- Click on the Profile Directory .
- Under profile, directory click on Database.
- Here you can see the Addons.db file.
- Delete this Addons.db database file.
After deleting restart you Kodi app and try streaming any video in it. The playback error should not be shown now. If you are still facing the same problem, refer to the next step.
2.Try to use an older Version of Kodi
If you have updated your Kodi version , then you might be facing this problem because he Kodi version would not be compatible with the device you are using . The best solution to this problem is to try older version of Kodi . If you have recently updated your Kodi version then you might come up with such issues. So you need to first uninstall the latest version of Kodi and download the older version
If you want to download the older version of Kodi , follow me .
- Firstly , download older version of Kodi (put the link).
- Now select the operating system which you are currently using .
- After downloading , install it in your device.
- Make sure you have uninstalled the previous latest version.
3. Check Log Files to Fix one or more item Failed to play Error
This log file is a simple text which you can easily open in any text editor . To check the log file of the Kodi , Follow these steps:-
In every other OS, the Kodi log files are store in different locations:-
Windows users :- C:\Users\(PC_NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log
Mac Users :- /Users/(PC_NAME)/Library/Application Support/Kodi/kodi.log
Linux Users:- ~/kodi/kodi.log
- First of all , open Kodi and select the system option from the home screen.
- Now click on Add-ons option .
- Under Add-ons click on install from repository option .
- Here you have to find the log viewer fro Kodi program add-on.
- Install it, it will take a few seconds .
- Now go to home screen and select program option
- The log viewer is available , just click on it.
- Select the show log option to view the log files.
- After the log file opens, you need to follow the instruction given by the system.
- If you still face the issue , then you should see the next method which I am going to do .
4.Check the maintenance of your cache to Fix Kodi Playback Failed
This error may also appear if the cache data is corrupted . You need to first clear the cache.
Follow these steps to clear the cache :-
- Open Kodi and go to settings.
- Click on the file manager.
- Under file source , just select the add source.
- You need to add this URL in the add source :- “http://solved.no-issue.is/” (remove the quotation marks and then add )
- After clicking on add button , you have to give any file name.
- Go to home screen again and select settings.
- Click on Add-on option and select and install Zip file option.
- Browse the Zip file and select maintenance folder to install it repository.rawmaintenance.zip.
- As you have clicked on install button from the respiratory option and have installed RAW maintenance Kodi Adds-ons on your computer.
- Now go to home page of kodi and click programs .
- Below the programs , open raw maintenance and clear the cache.
Now , the cache is cleared any you wont be annoyed anymore.
These methods that I just described above should solve your Playback Failed error and will not tease you any more. If the error still shows up , try using other methods that I said . Kodi is such an excellent device which allows you to stream your desired TV serials and movies on your smart TV.
The biggest advantage of kodi is that it is free , open source , designed specifically for home entertainment . It is a perfect choice if you are a fan of films , sports and TV shows . Kodi is continuously evolving to give its community as much entertainment as it can deliver.
If you got any problem , you can tell me in the comments, I will try my best to find a solution for you . I have personally tried these methods by myself and it should be working for you to solve your Kodi playback error in your Kodi app.
Note:- Log files may contain identifiable information like your device’s username and host-name, some add-ons could expose your IP address or passwords used on said addons. It would be a good idea to change all the personal information related to you.
- 7 Best Free Streaming Alternatives For Kodi
- 10 Best Kodi Builds (2019)
- How to Fix a Hacked Router: All-in-One Guide
Q1. Why am I facing the Kodi playback failed issue?
A1. Kodi playback failed error can occur due to various reasons, such as outdated Kodi version, insufficient storage space, slow internet connection, or unsupported video format.
Q2. How can I fix the Kodi playback failed issue?
A2. To fix the Kodi playback failed issue, you can try clearing Kodi’s cache, updating Kodi to the latest version, checking your internet connection, uninstalling incompatible addons, or trying an alternative video player.
Q3. How do I clear Kodi’s cache?
A3. To clear Kodi’s cache, go to Settings > System > Add-ons > Manage Dependencies > URL Resolver > Clear Cache.
Q4. What should I do if Kodi playback failed issue persists after trying all the above solutions?
A4. If the Kodi playback failed issue persists, you can try resetting Kodi to its default settings, reinstalling Kodi, or seeking help from the Kodi community.
Q5. Can Kodi playback failed issue be prevented?
A5. Yes, you can prevent the Kodi playback failed issue by regularly updating Kodi and its addons, maintaining sufficient storage space, using a stable internet connection, and avoiding incompatible video formats.