Kodi is one of the best platforms where you can watch the latest movies, tv shows, songs, live tv, cricket and much more. Kodi is available for every operating system. But sometime user experiences problems like playback failed with one or more items failed to play. Check log for more informative error message. This kind of error keeps itself showing, but we don’t know how to solve this issue and come out of this situation. We don’t know what is this log, where is the log and how will I check it.
- 1 How to Remove this Kodi Playback Failed Error
- 1.1 1. Clear the Database and Fix this Kodi playback Failed issue
- 1.2 2.Try to use an older Version of Kodi
- 1.3 3. Check Log Files to Fix one or more item Failed to play Error
- 1.4 4.Check the maintenance of your cache to Fix Kodi Playback Failed
- 1.5 FAQS:
How to Remove this Kodi Playback Failed Error
This error makes you frustrated and you don’t know how to fix this problem which comes again and again on your computer screen. Here are the most common issues that come with Kodi Add-Ons is Kodi Playback Failed, Failed with Error Code, One or more items Failed to Play or Check log for More Information. But don’t worry, I am going to tell you today how can you fix this issue.
You would be wondering why this error appears, actually, the cause of this error may be more than one. So let me take you to the solution.
1. Clear the Database and Fix this Kodi playback Failed issue
This error can easily be resolved simply by removing the database files and this Kodi playback Failed message wont appear anymore. Just follow these steps :-
- Open Kodi App and go to settings.
- Now go to File Manger there in the settings.
- Click on the Profile Directory .
- Under profile, directory click on Database.
- Here you can see the Addons.db file.
- Delete this Addons.db database file.
After deleting restart you Kodi app and try streaming any video in it. The playback error should not be shown now. If you are still facing the same problem, refer to the next step.
2.Try to use an older Version of Kodi
If you have updated your Kodi version , then you might be facing this problem because he Kodi version would not be compatible with the device you are using . The best solution to this problem is to try older version of Kodi . If you have recently updated your Kodi version then you might come up with such issues. So you need to first uninstall the latest version of Kodi and download the older version
If you want to download the older version of Kodi , follow me .
- Firstly , download older version of Kodi (put the link).
- Now select the operating system which you are currently using .
- After downloading , install it in your device.
- Make sure you have uninstalled the previous latest version.
3. Check Log Files to Fix one or more item Failed to play Error
This log file is a simple text which you can easily open in any text editor . To check the log file of the Kodi , Follow these steps:-
In every other OS, the Kodi log files are store in different locations:-
Windows users :- C:\Users\(PC_NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log
Mac Users :- /Users/(PC_NAME)/Library/Application Support/Kodi/kodi.log
Linux Users:- ~/kodi/kodi.log
- First of all , open Kodi and select the system option from the home screen.
- Now click on Add-ons option .
- Under Add-ons click on install from repository option .
- Here you have to find the log viewer fro Kodi program add-on.
- Install it, it will take a few seconds .
- Now go to home screen and select program option
- The log viewer is available , just click on it.
- Select the show log option to view the log files.
- After the log file opens, you need to follow the instruction given by the system.
- If you still face the issue , then you should see the next method which I am going to do .
4.Check the maintenance of your cache to Fix Kodi Playback Failed
This error may also appear if the cache data is corrupted . You need to first clear the cache.
Follow these steps to clear the cache :-
- Open Kodi and go to settings.
- Click on the file manager.
- Under file source , just select the add source.
- You need to add this URL in the add source :- “http://solved.no-issue.is/” (remove the quotation marks and then add )
- After clicking on add button , you have to give any file name.
- Go to home screen again and select settings.
- Click on Add-on option and select and install Zip file option.
- Browse the Zip file and select maintenance folder to install it repository.rawmaintenance.zip.
- As you have clicked on install button from the respiratory option and have installed RAW maintenance Kodi Adds-ons on your computer.
- Now go to home page of kodi and click programs .
- Below the programs , open raw maintenance and clear the cache.
Now , the cache is cleared any you wont be annoyed anymore.
These methods that I just described above should solve your Playback Failed error and will not tease you any more. If the error still shows up , try using other methods that I said . Kodi is such an excellent device which allows you to stream your desired TV serials and movies on your smart TV.
The biggest advantage of kodi is that it is free , open source , designed specifically for home entertainment . It is a perfect choice if you are a fan of films , sports and TV shows . Kodi is continuously evolving to give its community as much entertainment as it can deliver.
If you got any problem , you can tell me in the comments, I will try my best to find a solution for you . I have personally tried these methods by myself and it should be working for you to solve your Kodi playback error in your Kodi app.
Note:- Log files may contain identifiable information like your device’s username and host-name, some add-ons could expose your IP address or passwords used on said addons. It would be a good idea to change all the personal information related to you.
- 7 Best Free Streaming Alternatives For Kodi
- 10 Best Kodi Builds (2019)
- How to Fix a Hacked Router: All-in-One Guide
Why does my Firestick keep saying playback error?
You can reset your Fire Stick by holding the play/pause buttons and the center button on the joystick-operated control. Resetting your Fire Stick (this way) fixed the problem, turning it on and off didn’t work.